Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

injury after choke

Options
  • 15-11-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi all,

On tuesday I was choked out with a forearm against the throat. I was on the bottom. Since then I've had a sore throat, the pain is very similar to tonsilitus with some tenderness on the windpipe itself. Anyone experience this? Hoping it will clear up soon.

P.S Go Randy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

It wil probably last a couple of weeks, your training partner probably needs to chill out a bit as this is a silly technique to use on training partners imo!

you should be fine though, this happens beginners all the time..
    the defense is easy to so learn it and it should not happen again..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

you shouldn't be asking for medical advice but it sounds to me like bruising. i wouldn't worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I've got it a few times from being too stubborn with gi chokes. You'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Sounds like guillotineitis. Try tapping earlier and just make sure you don't get choked for the next few weeks until it heals.

Mostly it goes away after a week or so and you can train with it, but one guy in our gym did get some damage that kept him off the mats for a fortnight. Again it was just stubborness on his part, so just tap and start again next time. If more people did that it would be a happier BJJ world!

Advertisement