Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the Meters

Options
  • 20-02-2005 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Anyone into these guys and if so could you recommend an album to get. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dfunk

They are a good band with some groovy tunes, along the same lines as the jb's...only have a couple of their albums but the 'very best of the meters' is a very good album, plenty of catchy foot tapping tunes.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000033YT/qid=1109332317/ref=pd_ka_0/026-6361757-3530832

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

Their self-titled album (presume it's their debut) is my favourite, the one with "Cissy Strut" et al. I've another couple of ones too although i can't remember the titles off the top of my head. One has a green cover with the band on the front. One of the tightest funk bands of them all.

Advertisement