Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-05-2019, 11:11   #16
Brendan Delaney
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonics2k View Post
While this is a really important topic, and one she should certainly not have lost her job for, this thread is just going to descend in to the usual Transpeople bashing.

Oh wait, there it is.
Get over yourself.
Advertisement
05-05-2019, 11:12   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by YFlyer View Post
'This can lead to situations where lesbians face social pressure to have sex with men who identify as women'

Do women have a mind of their own?
I sincerely doubt any woman who is a lesbian is going to have sex with a person with a penis just because said penis haver has said they are a woman. But then again, maybe I am incorrect on that, maybe some do. Having said that there is a growing movement called Get The L Out, because of the cotton ceiling crap and because women holding Lesbians Don't Have Penises signs are not welcome at Pride parades. In fact they are being bodily removed by police for daring to think such things. I think the world has gone mad. Lesbians like women!

Yesterday at Swansea Pride, the police engaged a lesbian who had a sign saying Transactivism erases lesbians...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5yHI_8X4AAPkdW.jpg

Otherwise, the police were having family friendly fun in Swansea...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5ywx6RW4AIU3AM.jpg
(3) thanks from:
05-05-2019, 11:13   #18
Joeytheparrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
It’s starting to look like women are the losers in this. They are further down the hierarchy of victimhood than they once were.
Nah. Irish women reject this exclusionary nonsense

https://feministire.com/2018/01/22/a...ts-in-ireland/

Last edited by Joeytheparrot; 05-05-2019 at 14:11.
(2) thanks from:
05-05-2019, 11:15   #19
Augme

I'd have fired her for stupidity over any thing else. This has to one of the dumbest things I have ever read

Quote:
This can lead to situations where lesbians face social pressure to have sex with men who identify as women
05-05-2019, 11:15   #20
STB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Bee View Post
She should have thought about that before having illegal opinions.

It is not illegal to have an opinion.
Advertisement
05-05-2019, 11:17   #21
c.p.w.g.w

Quote:
'This can lead to situations where lesbians face social pressure to have sex with men who identify as women'

Well in the US those women would be labelled transphopic
(2) thanks from:
05-05-2019, 11:18   #22
suicide_circus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augme View Post
I'd have fired her for stupidity over any thing else. This has to one of the dumbest things I have ever read
nothing wrong with a bit of girl dick
05-05-2019, 11:19   #23
El_Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by STB. View Post
It is not illegal to have an opinion.

It should be in some cases, in many ways free speech was a mistake.
05-05-2019, 11:20   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonics2k View Post
While this is a really important topic, and one she should certainly not have lost her job for,.
This is the point. She nor anyone else should lose their job for having opinions about this issue that are contradictory to what is politically acceptable. It is a very dangerous road to go down. Frightening really.
Advertisement
05-05-2019, 11:20   #25

Quote:

Kindly define "women" for me.

I'd hate to post an opinion that might get me into trouble with Terry the Budgie.
(3) thanks from:
05-05-2019, 11:21   #26
Candamir

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augme View Post
Go and have a look at some of the lesbian bashing on twitter. Apparently lesbians need to learn to like dick, and if they don’t, they’re transphobes.

I’m no expert, but I always thought the reason they were lesbian was because they don’t like dick. Totally confused now. That must make me a TERF too.
05-05-2019, 11:24   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candamir View Post
Go and have a look at some of the lesbian bashing on twitter. Apparently lesbians need to learn to like dick, and if they don’t, they’re transphobes.

I’m no expert, but I always thought the reason they were lesbian was because they don’t like dick. Totally confused now. That must make me a TERF too.
I find it odd that there is not such a big push towards gay guys having to consider men with pussies and boobs as sexually desirable. It's almost as if this is men telling women (again) what they should and should not like.
05-05-2019, 11:24   #28
Pappa Dolla

Once again, a person was allowed an opinion and faced the consequences of having that opinion.

Saying things have consequences!

I'm free to call my boss all manners of names to their face, however the consequence would be that I'd probably get sacked.

I don't get how people have forgotten that consequences are actual things!
05-05-2019, 11:24   #29
Augme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candamir View Post

Well, if it's on Twitter....
05-05-2019, 11:24   #30
EmmetSpiceland

People need to decide whether they want to be in politics or work in the private sector. All this soap boxing smacks of desperation to get some sort of 15 minutes of Twitter fame.

I can’t believe this woman thought her opinion was going to be met with resounding applause. There’s an appetite in the corporate world for inclusion and recognition, it’s good PR, and she would have been aware of this.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion