Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tequila question

Options
  • 25-05-2015 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

for once and for all.................. with tequila slammers what is the correct order of the tequila, lemon and salt?? and WHY????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Its 11am on a Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭paulbok

salt, then
    tequila, then
    lemon, then
    puke

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

paulbok wrote: »
    salt, then
    tequila, then
    lemon, then
    puke

then repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

First of all, a tequila slammer doesn't involve salt or lime at all. A tequila slammer is a cocktail consisting of half 7-up(or another carbonated beverage) and tequila, this is slammed on the counter-top to cause fizzing, and, in theory, get you drunker.
    But, for a shot of tequila, which I'm assuming you mean, the order is salt, tequila, lime, or lemon can be a substitute. Though, good tasting tequila is ruined by that "ritual", it's to make low-quality tequila taste bearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

First of all, a tequila slammer doesn't involve salt or lime at all. A tequila slammer is a cocktail consisting of half 7-up(or another carbonated beverage) and tequila, this is slammed on the counter-top to cause fizzing, and, in theory, get you drunker.
    But, for a shot of tequila, which I'm assuming you mean, the order is salt, tequila, lime, or lemon can be a substitute. Though, good tasting tequila is ruined by that "ritual", it's to make low-quality tequila taste bearable.

A Tequila connoisseur.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Tequila my black out shot. Any time I have done a shot of it I do not remember anything that happened after.

The last time I took a shot 3 hours where gone LoL and woke up confused what had happened :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    then repeat.

Rinse first, then repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Lick thumb.
    Pour salt over licked thumb.
    Lick salt off thumb.
    Down tequila.
    Suck lemon.
    Gag.
    Take selfie with long elasticated drool of clear mucus dripping from one side of mouth, and a similar looking bodily fluid oozing from a nostril.
    Post to Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

Tequila is my nemisis, had a bad expierence on it and spent the night puking and dry retching (I think pretty much everyone has one spirit that causes this), Anyway if I drink it my body automatically rejects it and I just heave it back up. So needless to say I avoid the stuff.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

for once and for all.................. with tequila slammers what is the correct order of the tequila, lemon and salt?? and WHY????

Salt first. Easy way to remember this is the fact that a margarita cocktail will have salt applied to the rim of the glass, hence this is the first thing you taste before you sip the drink.

Tequila is revolting by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Puking, that is the order of it,

Tequila is my kryptonite, one sip and im running to the bathroom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭No_Comply

If you need salt and lemon, you're better off getting something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Tequila is Pure evil in a bottle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Anyone else getting thirsty reading this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Just have a cup of tea. Much nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

What do you do with the worm though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Were usually served bottom of the barrel stuff over here. Hence why it tastes so repulsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I always thought the salt was purely so you have an excuse to lick it off someone's body.

Advertisement