Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-12-2012, 21:29   #1
dr gonzo

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

I was browsing Reddit and came across a thread like this that had some interesting stories. Obviously, as this is After Hours, and not Paranormal, they dont have be ghost infested stories but I'm sure many boardsies have interesting stories of their own? (or this thread will be buried in half an hour...)

Bit of a cop-out but until I can think of some of my own I've included some from the Reddit page. Obviously it goes without saying that they may be entirely untrue, but good reads nonetheless.

Quote:
In the late 70's, my Uncle was studying medicine at the University of Chicago. After a morning class, he decided that he would hitchhike back home to Lincoln Park on the North side instead of pay for a taxi. A man drove up in a Plymouth Satellite and offered my Uncle a ride. The man looked normal and seemed friendly...lighthearted even, so my Uncle got in the car and they started driving towards Lake Shore Drive. However, once they got there, the man drove South on Lake Shore instead of North, towards Lincoln Park. My Uncle told the man he was going the wrong way and to turn around and head North. The man looked at my Uncle, put his hand on his knee and said, "No son, you are coming with me" and smiled darkly at him. My Uncle froze in panic, and when they hit traffic near the South Shore, he quickly unlocked the passenger door and ran away without looking back.

A year or two later on a cold December day, my Uncle was having coffee in a cafe with my future Aunt when he caught something on the TV that made his blood run cold. He saw the man that had picked him up from school that day the year before. He had been arrested for the suspected rape and killing of over 20 young men and boys. The man on the television was John Wayne Gacy. And he had removed the door handle off the passenger side door to prevent the men he picked up from escaping.

Quote:
I was driving a shortcut from Twentynine Palms, CA to Albuquerque, NM. Twentynine Palms is located in the desolate high desert east of LA. The shortcut was all two lane road through total nothingness, except for passing through Amboy, CA. Amboy is a nearly abandoned town nearly as far below sea level as Death Valley, with a dormant volcano and lava field on one side and a salt flat on the other. It was also, at the time, a hotspot for satanic group activity.

So I was driving by myself in the afternoon. I stopped in Amboy and snapped a picture of the city sign, just to prove I was there to friends who dared me to take that route to I-40. I got back in my car and proceeded to drive up into the mountain range between Amboy and I-40.

Once I reach the top I am driving north through a canyon with high grass on both sides of the road. Up ahead I see some stuff in the middle of the road. As I approach I slow down to see a red Pontiac Fiero stopped sideways across both lanes, a suitcase open with clothes scattered everywhere and two bodies laying face down in the road, a man and a woman.

I stop a hundred feet or so away and the hair on the back of my neck is standing up. Being a Marine, I reach under the seat and pull out a 9mm pistol and chamber a round. Something seemed very wrong, it looked too perfect as if it were staged. An ambush? Was I being paranoid? Something was just wrong. Getting out of the car seemed unthinkable, it was the horror movie move.

As I scanned the road I saw a line I could drive. Pass the guy in the road on his left, swerve to the right side of the woman, behind the Fiero and I'd be on the other side. I dropped it into first gear, punched it and drove the line I planned.

I passed the back of the Fierro without hitting it or either of the bodies in the road. I continued forward a couple hundred feet and slowed down so I could breathe and let my heart slow down. As I looked up into the rearview mirror I saw that the two bodies had gotten up to their knees and twenty or so people emerged from the tall grass on either side of the road by the car and bodies.

At that moment my right foot smashed the gas pedal to the floor and did not let up until I had to slowdown for the I-40 east onramp.

I will never know what would have happened to me had I gotten out of the car to check on the bodies or stopped my car closer to them. Somehow I do not think it would have been good. Sometimes real life can be scarier than a movie.
(523) thanks from:
1ZRed, 5T3PH3N, a fat guy, A.Partridge, abbyw1989, Aisling(",), akura, Alfred Borden, alleystar, Ally Dick, allym, Anatom, Ande1975, Anesthetize, angwd, Ann22, annascott, AnthonyCun, aoife1991, Arrow., Aseth, AssaultedPeanut, Aswerty, BabysCoffee, BadmanRiddim, banquo, bb1234567, BEASTERLY, beauty101, beertons, beks101, Bex91, bfa1509, bizmark, BK92, blaze1, blingrhino, bm1993, BobbyBobberson, boomkatalog, brummytom, BUBBLES1978, budgese, burnhardlanger, Butterface, Camster 123, Canard, Captain Havoc, Carpet diem, Casshern88, catch.23, Catmaniac, CB19Kevo, certifiedcrepe, Cerulean Chicken, challengemaster, Chareth Cutestory, charlietheminxx, charolais0153, cheesefiend, chillywilly, chrismon, Chronic Button, Ciano35, CianRyan, CiaranMT, CLARiiON, Coffeeteasugar, Cokeistan, Conbhar, Conchir, ConorCBS, conorh91, Contessa Raven, coolisin, Cork Boy 53, Corruptedmorals, cowboyBuilder, Cr4pSnip3r, crackcrack30, Crann na Beatha, crfcaio, cristoir, Crow92, curehead, CuriousG, curlzy, D Trent, Da Shins Kelly, DA7800, Dan Chipowski, dark crystal, Das Kitty, dave3004, daysleeper, DazMarz, deceit, dee_mc, degrassinoel, dellas1979, Demosthenes, dermot01G, dexter647, diamondp, discus, dmn22, Dohnny Jepp, Dolbert, dorkacle, Dr conrad murray, Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, dr.fuzzenstein, Drakares, dregin, DrPhilG, Drumpot, dslamjack, Dtp1979, duchalla, Duff, duffysfarm, DuggiexD, duiggers, dvet, earlytobed, Eathrin, EdenHazard, EdgarFriendly, Edgedinblue, EIREDriver, electrictrad, ElleEm, Elliot192, Ericaa, eternal, Eve_Dublin, eviltwin, Fallschirmjager, FamousSeamus, finbar10, Fizman, fluke, Fluorescence, focus_mad, fonecrusher1, fonpokno, FouxDaFaFa, frag420, fran oconnor, frankyboy1986, FueledbyCoffee, FURET, fxotoole, fyfe79, G1032, GabbyJay, gagiteebo, Gasherbraun, genericguy, ghogie91, Giveaway, gizabeer, Glenn Coco, Glico Man, Gloomtastic!, gman127, Gorilla Rising, Greyfoot, grimm2005, GritBiscuit, h3000, hairyfairy00, happyoutscan, Healium, hefferboi, heffomike54, Heisenberg1, Hippies!, HoggyRS, hollster2, homemadecider, horsemaster, howamidifferent, HTML5!, HungryJoey, Hurricane Carter, IamtooGoode, Icarus Wings, Icyseanfitz, iDann, Ihatecuddles-old, InReality, InstaSte, Into The Blue, irish gent, irishgirl19, IrishGrimReaper, IrishStuff09, irish_man, Jackie Brown, Jamaican Me Crazy, James Forde, janja, jefreywithonef, Jen Pigs Fly, jhon boy, Jijsaw, jimboblep, JKM, jmreire, Jogathon, JohnDee, johnnykilo, jorges, josephsoap, JupiterKid, JustAThought, justfillmein, Juwwi, K-9, Kaizersoze81, KamiKazeKitten, karr3, Karsini, Kev.OC, Kevwoody, Kidchameleon, King of the Eyesores, kingtut, Kirby, kn0ckers, Knex., kniaodha, Koolhanger, Korvanica, kowloon, Kunkka, Kur4mA, L'prof, Lady Spangles, ladysarastro, landsleaving, lanomist, lassykk, lawred2, LEIN, lil'bug, Lisac220, littlecbear, LivelineDipso, LizT, Lollipops23, Loomis, Loopy, LorMal, Loughc, lukesmom, LushiousLips, maconof, maguic24, mahamageehad, Mal-Adjusted, malistheman, Mam of 4, mapaco, Maphisto, mariecxx, maringo, markthespark77, MarkY91, marnie d, MaroonAndGreen, massdebater, mathie, Matta Harri, MattHelders, Max Power, Mc Love, McGaggs, McGrath5, mcgucc22, mel123, Merkin, mfceiling, miamee, Michael Weston, michellie, MickFleetwood, micks, Mightydrumming, Mike Litoris, MillField, Millicent, MintyDoris, Miprocin, MIRMIR82, missguided, Missmiddleton, Missymoohaa, MisterKipling, Moffett, MomijiHime, Moneymaker, Mr Freeze, Mr. Rager, MrStuffins, ms_wobbly, Muckie, muff03, Mugatuu, MugMugs, munster87, Munstermad, murpho999, Nailz, nbar12, NDWC, newbee22, newmug, nick 56, Nolimits12, Noodles81, Nopeare, norabattie, northgirl, notahopeinhell, Nuri Sahin, Obliq, og2k7, Oh hai, Oisinjm, Omackeral, on the river, OnTheCouch, opiniated, ordinary_girl, OrgasmicBaz, Orim, OttoPilot, Pa2k, PaddyWilliams, pajero12, PandaX9, Parchment, Pat Mustard, patmac, paulieeye, peekachoo, peterk675, phunkadelic, Pierce_1991, pinkheels88, Pissy Missy, PizzamanIRL, plmko, pmg58, podgemonster, pokethebear, Pompey Magnus, Poor Uncle Tom, Poor_old_gill, popolive, Posy, PrettyBoy, pushkii, q2ice, Quagmire77, QuintusFabius, Qwerty Dub, qz, R00ster, Rachiee, Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare, Rasheed, reap-a-rat, RedFFWolf, Reiver, Renegade Mechanic, RobbingBandit, RobFowl, robz150, Roisy7, Rory28, Rothko, Rothmans, rox5, ruthloss, rxan90, SarahBeep!, Sarz91, Sar_Bear, SavageHenry, Schism, Seachmall, seamey beag84, SecretsOfEarth, selwyn froggitt, Sephiroth_dude, shakencat, shampooman, Shane St., Shane-KornSpace, shane9689, ShaneMc2012, shanered, Shannon757, SheldonC17, shellib, Shinaynay, Shivers26, shoos, shopaholic01, Shreddy Krueger, Sierra 117, SillyBeans, Sir Gallagher, Slow Show, SM01, smaoifs, Smart Bug, Smeggy, SmokeyEyes, SniperSight, SomeFool, sonas93, southcentralts, SpaceFlunky, sparrowcar, spiralism, spoofilyj, sron briste, sryanbruen, Stab*City, starling, Stavro Mueller, steddyeddy, Stephen Gawking, stevek93, Steven81, stinkle, storker, sugarman, Sulla Felix, sunbeam, Sunny.Days, SunnyDub1, Sunnyisland, sunshine and showers, superelliptic, Supergurrier, Suryavarman, Susie_Toots, sweetie, T. Hanks^, TadhgL16, Talib Fiasco, tallaghtmick, Taltos, Tea-a-Maria, Ted_YNWA, telekon, TEMPLAR KNIGHT, TENHNY, Teyla Emmagan, tfitzgerald, The Big Red Button, The Young Wan, TheBegotten, thebostoncrab, thegreatescape, thelad95, themissymoo, TheRealSquishy, Thespoofer, The_Minister, the_monkey, the_syco, thiarfearr, Tiddlypeeps, Timmyctc, tippspur, Tisserand, titchy, Todd Toddington III, tolosenc, tomofson, tomwaterford, Tonto86, toodleytoo, Toots, tr0llface, triskell, troched, Truley, turbostan, twinex, ugglasdav, Uinseann_16, UmmCadburys, UncleChael, Username exists, Valentina, valoren, vetinari, Vito Corleone, ViveLaVie, Voy, we'llallhavetea, westernfrenzy, Westeros, What are those?, Whatsisname, Where To, whiskeyman, Wibbs, WindSock, woodchuck, xalot, yermandan, Zemuppet, zero19, ziggy23, _meehan_
Advertisement
13-12-2012, 21:34   #2
mfceiling

I remember getting a lift home one night and as i jumped in there was nobody driving the car. The car took off and as the car went to hit a tree a hand came in and turned the wheel.

I jumped out completely spooked and ran like hell following the street lights i could see nearby. I finally got to the local pub and drank about 4 whiskeys to calm down.

After 20 minutes 2 lads came in, looked at me and said "there's the prick who got into the car down the road when we were pushing it"
(502) thanks from:
1ZRed, 3rdDegree, 666irishguy, 80s Child, A Brad Maddox Guy, a fat guy, aaronjumper, abbyw1989, Aceandstuff, Aciiiiiiiiiiid, Adamocovic, akura, alane20, alexjk, Alfred Borden, Ally Dick, allym, Amzie, Ande1975, Anesthetize, AnonoBoy, AnthonyCun, aoife1991, Aphex, Arghus, ArseLtd, Aspadeaspade, astonaidan, Aswerty, Autosport, AzN, backspacer, BadmanRiddim, Bajingo, baldstuffandy, Ballfro, ballinasloex, Bandito909, banquo, bargain hunt, Bassfish, bcmf, beauty101, BENDERS LINKS, Benzino, Bex91, Billgirlylegs, billymitchell, Birdie086, BK92, Blazer, blingrhino, BLIZZARD7, Blue giant, bluecode, bm1993, BobbyPropane, boobar, boomkatalog, borabora, branie, Brian_Zeluz, BrownFinger, brummytom, BUBBLE WRAP, bucks73, b_mac2, carolinespring, Carpet diem, catch.23, cathalj, CB19Kevo, CeCe2017, Chareth Cutestory, charolais0153, cherryghost, Chikablam, Chittle, Chronic Button, Chucken, CianRyan, ciarang85, CiaranMT, citrus burst, cjmc, Clair4, CLARiiON, clonadlad, Coffeeteasugar, cofy, Cokeistan, Conchir, Contessa Raven, con___manx1, coolhull, coolisin, corcaigh1, Corruptedmorals, corsav6, CorsetIsTight, Corvo Attano, Crazyteacher, crfcaio, cristoir, ctrl-alt-delete, curlzy, Cyclonius, Czarcasm, Da Shins Kelly, DA7800, daenerysstormborn3, daithi7, Damien360, Daniel S, Danzy, Dard23, Dats me, DaveNoCheese, Daveysil15, davidglanza, davidk1394, DazMarz, dball, deblacker, DeBurca, deceit, dee_mc, Demosthenes, denismc, dexter647, dfx-, diamondp, dmc17, dmn22, Doctor Jimbob, DoesNotCompute, Dohnny Jepp, dorkacle, Dostoevsky, DPolo, dr gonzo, Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, dr.fuzzenstein, drive3331, Drumpot, Dtp1979, Duff, duiggers, DylanII, Edgedinblue, EIREDriver, electrictrad, ElvisChrist6, ENMcD, Ericaa, esforum, Eve_Dublin, eviltwin, failinis, Faith+1, Feelgood, Fey!, finnmcool, Fluorescence, Flutterby80, ForeverYoung90, Four Phucs Ache, foxinsox, FoxyVixen, Fran1985, Frank Grimes, Frigating, FueledbyCoffee, FullblownRose, funnights74, fxotoole, G.K., G1032, gagiteebo, GeordieRebel, gerrybbadd, gimli2112, girlonfire, Giveaway, gizabeer, Glico Man, glued, gman127, GTDolanator, guinnessdrinker, guttenberg, Gwen Cooper, h3000, Harry Deerpark, Head_Hunter, Healium, Hector Savage, hefferboi, heffomike54, hollster2, Hollzy, homemadecider, horsemaster, house45, housetypeb, howamidifferent, howyegettinon1, Hunchback, HungryJoey, hussey, IamtooGoode, iDann, Ihatecuddles-old, IIIAcHmEdIII, inmyday, irish coldplayer, IrishEyes19, irishgrover, ItAintMeBabe, Jack1985, james142, Jammyc, January, jennyhayes123, Jesus Wept, Jimmy Bottlehead, jmayo, jmreire, johnnykilo, joseph brand, JuliusCaesar, Junadl, JustAThought, Juwwi, K-9, KamiKazeKitten, katkin, Katunga, KERSPLAT!, Kev.OC, kev_s88, Kidchameleon, kilsmum, Kirby, kn0ckers, Knex., Koolhanger, Korvanica, kowloon, kylith, L'prof, Lady Spangles, ladypip, ladysarastro, Landr, lawred2, Lazybones, lazygal, leahyl, LEIN, LFC CONNAUGHTON, LillySV, Lisac220, listenup, littlebuddy84, lonewolf1961, Loomis, Loopy, LorMal, Lorrs33, Loughc, LovelySpuds, lukesmom, MacBizzle, maguic24, mahamageehad, Mam of 4, Mammycat1, maneno, Maphisto, mattjack, MauraTheThird, Max Power, Mc Love, Meteorite58, metime, MidMan25, mightdomighty, Mightydrumming, Millicent, milltown, Minnie1990, MisoHoney, MissD93, MisterKipling, modmuffin, Mollyd90, MomijiHime, monicafussy, Mr Freeze, Mr. Guappa, MRnotlob606, ms_wobbly, muff03, Munstersrebel, murpho999, mutley18, myshirt, Nailz, nbar12, Nerdlingr, New Home, NicsM, Nolimits12, norabattie, notGill, NSAman, NukaCola, oc_pl, OilBaron, orangeocelot, OREGATO, Osmosis Jones, OttoPilot, Pa2k, pablomakaveli, PadB, Paddy The Pirate, PaddyWilliams, PandaX9, Pandora2, patmac, Patrick_Swayze, PC CDROM, PDAhunter, peekachoo, peewee_44, periodictable, pilly, Pissy Missy, plmko, Poor Uncle Tom, popolive, Posy, prettyinpink, Pudsy33, pushkii, q2ice, Quagmire77, R P McMurphy, R00ster, R0C, rab!dmonkey, Rachiee, Raic, Rasheed, ratmouse, razorblunt, readyletsgo, Red Crow, Rfrip, Riamfada, riffmongous, RobbingBandit, Robby91, RobFowl, rockygsd123, Roisy7, Rory28, RossFixxxed, Rothmans, RoyalMarine, Running Balance, rushvalley, rustyzip, Ruu, S.R., saintsaltynuts, Salmon Leap, Salts, Sar Bear, sarah88, Satori Rae, Savvy student, saythatagain, Schism, Scudges Da, SeaFields, SecretsOfEarth, shakencat, Shane.C, shane9689, ShaneC93, ShaneMc2012, shanered, SheldonC17, shellib, Shivers26, shopaholic01, Shryke, Sierra 117, SillyBeans, SM01, Soby, Son Of A Vidic, SpaceFlunky, Spindle, spiralism, sryanbruen, St. Bernard, Stained Class, staker, starling, Stavro Mueller, steddyeddy, stefanovich, Stephen P, Steven81, Steve_o, stinkle, storker, Strumms, sugarman, Sulla Felix, sunny2004, SunnyDub1, superelliptic, SuperSean11, Suzuki_TL1000R, sweetie, syngindub, Synode, tacofries, TadhgL16, Talib Fiasco, tallaghtmick, TaosHum, TashaMonster, Ted_YNWA, TEMPLAR KNIGHT, TemptationWaits, TENHNY, tfitzgerald, the baby bull elephant, The Backwards Man, The King of Moo, thefasteriwalk, thehomeofDob, themissymoo, theoldbreed, the_blackstuff, The_Minister, the_syco, thomur, Timmyctc, titchy, Titzon Toast, Todd Toddington III, tolosenc, tomofson, tomwaterford, Tonto86, tonydude, toodleytoo, Toots, tr0llface, triskell, Tzardine, up for anything, username_x, VanishingActs, vetinari, VG31, ViveLaVie, voldejoie, waterfordgirl, we'llallhavetea, westernfrenzy, Westernyelp, Westeros, whatanidiot, Whatsisname, Where To, whiskeyman, Widdershins, Wildlife Actor, WindSock, Wotsername, Wurly, wuzziwig, Xinkai, xzanti, Yawns, yer man!, yermandan, YFlyer, Zemuppet, ziggy23, [-0-], _CreeD_, _meehan_, _Tombstone_
13-12-2012, 21:44   #3
Sky King

Argued with a doctor until he capitulated and got another doc for a second opinion on my illness. The 2nd doc agreed with me and I was sent to the hospital where I was treated. Had I not argued I would have been sent home, where I either would have died or at the very least had some horrible permanent damage like blindness or loss of limbs.

It's not creepy per se but I get a chill every time i wonder what life would be like if i wasn't feeling so argumentative that day.
(148) thanks from:
a fat guy, abbyw1989, Airyfairy12, aisoconnor, Alfred Borden, Aspadeaspade, BK92, Cerulean Chicken, charolais0153, Chuck Stone, CianRyan, claiomh solais, ConorCBS, corcaigh1, crfcaio, curlzy, c_man, Da Shins Kelly, Daftendirekt, daithi7, Danzy, dartboardio, degrassinoel, dexter647, Ditch, dr gonzo, dr.fuzzenstein, Dtp1979, Eathrin, ElleEm, Elliot192, Ericaa, Feelgood, FoxyVixen, FueledbyCoffee, gagiteebo, gizabeer, gonker, Healium, heffomike54, hollster2, horsemaster, ICANN, InstaSte, janja, Jimmy Bottlehead, JuliusCaesar, KamiKazeKitten, Kathy22, Kev.OC, kilsmum, Knex., Koolhanger, Lady Spangles, leahyl, LenaClaire, littleredspot, LivelineDipso, Lollipops23, lonewolf1961, LorMal, Loughc, ls91, lukesmom, maguic24, mahamageehad, Mam of 4, Maphisto, marnie d, MauraTheThird, MickFleetwood, MIRMIR82, Moneymaker, monicafussy, moonflower, mossy95, muff03, Nailz, nbar12, neaideabh, New Home, newmug, NicoleW85, Nolimits12, norabattie, Nuri Sahin, oc_pl, Oh hai, OldNotWIse, orchidsrpretty, Oregano_State, peekachoo, Pissy Missy, Qwerty Dub, r3nu4l, Raic, Rasheed, razorblunt, RobbingBandit, Sar_Bear, scarbouro, Shivers26, Sierra 117, SillyBeans, Slow Show, smaoifs, SpaceFlunky, sryanbruen, Stan27, Stavro Mueller, stephenl15, Strumms, sugarman, Sunnyisland, superelliptic, Suryavarman, tara73, TemptationWaits, TGJD, The King of Moo, The One Who Knocks, thebostoncrab, themissymoo, The_Minister, the_syco, titchy, Todd Toddington III, tomofson, tomthetank, Tonto86, Toots, Truncheon Rouge, VanishingActs, vetinari, Vojera, we'llallhavetea, westernfrenzy, whatanidiot, whiskeyman, whitewave, Wibbs, woodchuck, Wurly, yermandan, zef, zero19, ziggy23, _meehan_
13-12-2012, 21:51   #4
dr gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
Argued with a doctor until he capitulated and got another doc for a second opinion on my illness. The 2nd doc agreed with me and I was sent to the hospital where I was treated. Had I not argued I would have been sent home, where I either would have died or at the very least had some horrible permanent damage like blindness or loss of limbs.

It's not creepy per se but I get a chill every time i wonder what life would be like if i wasn't feeling so argumentative that day.
Jesus, thats pretty terrifying. Fair play to you for arguing, I doubt I would have!
13-12-2012, 21:51   #5
upstairs for coffee

What thread on Reddit?
Advertisement
13-12-2012, 21:53   #6
dr gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstairs for coffee View Post
What thread on Reddit?
Theres a few of them. This one asks for real and fictional stories: Link
13-12-2012, 21:53   #7
Nailin4Whales
Banned

Creepy, you don't know the meaning of the word man. This one time I was seeing someone well more like a fb really but yano I was trying to ignore them and hope they would **** of by their own accord without any awkwardness and loike texted me 4 times without me ever sending a reply! If that wasn't bad enough they posted on my FB wall asking was I ignoring them for all my friends to see. I was loike totes meurto loike!! Such a creep!
13-12-2012, 22:06   #8
PizzamanIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailin4Whales View Post
Creepy, you don't know the meaning of the word man. This one time I was seeing someone well more like a fb really but yano I was trying to ignore them and hope they would **** of by their own accord without any awkwardness and loike texted me 4 times without me ever sending a reply! If that wasn't bad enough they posted on my FB wall asking was I ignoring them for all my friends to see. I was loike totes meurto loike!! Such a creep!
Ban please.
(383) thanks from:
1ZRed, abbyw1989, afatbollix, Aglomerado, ahnowbrowncow, Airyfairy12, Aisling(",), ajjmk, allanb49, allym, ameee, Ande1975, aoife1991, Aspadeaspade, astonaidan, AvaKinder, baba_bear, BadmanRiddim, badtoro, Ballfro, Bandito909, banquo, Baraboo, barney 20v, beauty101, Benzino, Best username ever, Big Pussy Bonpensiero, BillyMitchel, BK92, Blazer, Bobby42, bohsboy, brianregan09, brummytom, Butterface, Canard, Carroller, checkyabadself, Cheerios, Chikablam, Chin Stroker, CianRyan, citrus burst, CLARiiON, ConorCBS, Conservative, conzy, corsav6, CorsetIsTight, crfcaio, crusier, curehead, curlzy, cute_cow, D Trent, Daftendirekt, daithi7, Dan Chipowski, dastardly00, DaveNoCheese, daysleeper, dee_mc, dermot01G, DEVEREUX, diamondp, Dicky Pride, Digy123, DirkVoodoo, dmn22, DoesNotCompute, Doff, dollypet, Drakares, dregin, dryndantheman, Dtp1979, Duff, Duffy the Vampire Slayer, Eathrin, Ectoplasm, Edgedinblue, EIREDriver, ElleEm, ElvisChrist6, emzolita, enda1, EuropeanSon, Eve_Dublin, failinis, FamousSeamus, Fart, FatherLen, FerretFighterX, Fluorescence, focus_mad, FouxDaFaFa, foxy06, frag420, frozenfrozen, FueledbyCoffee, funkyfifi, Geekness1234, genericguy, gerrybbadd, ghogie91, giant_midget, gingernut125, Ginny, gizabeer, Glico Man, gman127, Gotham, goz83, Graham_B18C, grimm2005, Gringo180, GuessWhoEh, HalloweenJack, happyoutscan, Healium, heffomike54, heroinlove, HoggyRS, hollster2, homeless student, Hossbox, howamidifferent, howyegettinon1, Hunchback, Hurricane Carter, ibarelycare, Icarus Wings, Ihatecuddles-old, IIIAcHmEdIII, iLikeWaffles, inmyday, InstaSte, Into The Blue, IrishEyes19, Ironman76, ItAintMeBabe, JamieKCCO, Jamiekelly, JCX BXC, Jen Pigs Fly, jhon boy, Jimmy Bottlehead, JL98, jmayo, jmreire, Jogathon, johnnykilo, Jordoo, josephsoap, JS0692, Julius Seizure, JustAddWater, JustAThought, Kaizersoze81, kaki, KamiKazeKitten, kavsmdf, Keane2baMused, Keggers2, Ken Shamrock, Kev.OC, Kingp35, Kirby, Knex., Knockout_91, Korvanica, L'prof, L.Jenkins, landsleaving, lawred2, lazy piggy, lazygal, lc180, lego101, Lisac220, LivelineDipso, Lollipops23, Lord Ned Stark, LorMal, Louche Lad, Loughc, lovelabel, LucidLife, lukesmom, MacBizzle, maguic24, mahamageehad, mandrake04, maniac2000, Mark 00, Maudi, MauraTheThird, Mc Love, McGaggs, mcgucc22, Mehaffey1, Meleftone, michellie, Mightydrumming, Millicent, Minnie1990, MIRMIR82, Missix, MissyFit, MisterKipling, MitchKoobski, Moneymaker, monkeysnapper, Mr Freeze, Mr. Guappa, Mr. Incognito, muff03, Mugatuu, Munstersrebel, myshirt, n0brain3r, nbar12, Nerdlingr, New Home, Newaglish, nick 56, njs030, Noopti, notahopeinhell, Nuri Sahin, omahaid, Omeceron, orestes, OttoPilot, Pa2k, pablomakaveli, PaddyWilliams, pah, pajero12, PandaX9, pappyodaniel, Parchment, parttime, Pawpad666, peekachoo, Pierce_1991, Pissy Missy, Plazaman, pokethebear, Poor_old_gill, prettyinpink, Prodigious, Pushtrak, q2ice, qz, R00ster, Ray37, readyletsgo, Real Life, Reamer Fanny, Red Crow, Riamfada, RobbingBandit, RobFowl, rockynavan, RoebuckWilson, Rory28, Rosedust84, Rothko, rox5, RoyalMarine, Ruu, rxan90, Salmon Leap, SamAK, Sar Bear, Sar_Bear, Scar Tissue, Scarlet42, Schism, Seachmall, shampooman, shamrock2004, Shane.C, shane9689, ShaneMc2012, shanered, Shankly Gates, Shemale, Shinaynay, SillyBeans, Sir Gallagher, Sky King, skyflyer, SlyBacon93, SM01, smaoifs, Soby, Solomon Pleasant, son.of.jimi, sparkle_23, spitfireIRL, spookmaster, Sprrratt, Squidgy Black, sryanbruen, Stab*City, staker, Stan27, stevek93, steveLFC24, StinkyMunkey, Storm 10, sugarman, Sulla Felix, sunflower27, SunKing, sunny2004, Sunnyisland, superelliptic, super_furry, Suzuki_TL1000R, T. Hanks^, Talib Fiasco, tallaghtmick, Taltos, TaosHum, TashaMonster, Teferi, TEMPLAR KNIGHT, Teyla Emmagan, The King of Moo, The Rings The Flame, The Young Wan, thebostoncrab, thefloss, thegolfer, themissymoo, theoldbreed, TheUsual, The_Minister, the_monkey, the_syco, Timmyctc, tinkerbell, TireeTerror, Tonto86, Toots, tr0llface, triskell, Truley, turbostan, TurkeyBurger, Username exists, username_x, VenomousFish, VG31, viztopia, Vojera, Wailin, Washington Irving, weemcd, westernfrenzy, Westernyelp, Westeros, westies4ever, Wetbench4, Wexy86, whatanidiot, Whatsisname, whiskeyman, yermandan, yuperdat, Zemuppet, zero19, ziggy, ziggy23, [-0-], _meehan_
13-12-2012, 22:11   #9
hawkwind23

yeah ,

i thought the social was on to me

(joke)
Advertisement
13-12-2012, 22:13   #10

I get severe deja vu, like i've already been here. I had a really stong feeling I would be in Walmart in America buying a grey cardigan with my sister. Both of us live in Ireland...that happened this week.

I know and feel stuff that happens, not really strong, but I usually can tell the outcome of personal situations for people, and I really hate when I get the feeling someone is going to pass away.

I've seem my grandmother three times since she died, maybe it's just in my head, but it freaks me out.
13-12-2012, 22:15   #11
Wanderer2010

The Tapestry Room in Loftus Hall, I never ever ever want to set foot inside there again and I would strongly advise anyone against it, the room is almost alive with malevolance, took me months to get back to sleep again.
13-12-2012, 22:20   #12

I've just showed the stories in the OP to the man dressed as a clown in the back seat and he doesn't believe a word of them. Neither do I.

Hang on, I don't have a passenger, I'm on my way to collect someo\\g a afDSBIBLKVwnbKJ RJNffoqkejbnjknbaji n aejnb;onFb

\n]lf\bP

dkvqE
nn,\fb

SPLAT!!
(101) thanks from:
ads20101, akura, allanb49, AssaultedPeanut, Aurum, Bacon and Cabbage, banquo, barney 20v, BEASTERLY, BK92, boomkatalog, brummytom, campo, Cerulean Chicken, Chareth Cutestory, Chattastrophe!, Chikablam, Chuck Stone, CianRyan, Corruptedmorals, crfcaio, curlzy, Czarcasm, daenerysstormborn3, Daftendirekt, Danzy, DazMarz, dexter647, DoesNotCompute, dr gonzo, dr.fuzzenstein, Dtp1979, Eathrin, FerretFighterX, Flecktarn, Fluorescence, FoxyVixen, Frank Grimes, ghogie91, ghostchant, hairyfairy00, HellSquirrel, howamidifferent, irishgirl19, jd007, KamiKazeKitten, Knex., Koolhanger, LorMal, lukesmom, MacBizzle, MadsL, maguic24, Mehaffey1, Millicent, MIRMIR82, MisoHoney, mossy95, muff03, Nailz, Nerdlingr, NicoleW85, ordinary_girl, Paddy The Pirate, PaddyWilliams, patmac, Pissy Missy, pokethebear, PrettyBoy, Pushtrak, Roisy7, Rory28, Rothko, rxan90, Sar Bear, Sar_Bear, SecretsOfEarth, shamrock2004, Shinaynay, SillyBeans, SM01, Smeggy, spookmaster, starling, The Big Red Button, themissymoo, The_Minister, Timmyctc, tin79, Toots, Truley, Umekichi, up for anything, Vito Corleone, westernfrenzy, whatanidiot, Whatsisname, whiskeyman, yermandan, ziggy23, _meehan_
13-12-2012, 22:21   #13
MadsL

Having driven that road through Amboy upto I-40 I got serious chills. There is nothing for 40-50 miles around you, one of the most desolate spots of the Mojave.

I got caught short in more or less that location and had to take a dump, I'd just finished when a car pulled up. Had I not just shat, I would have. I was out of my truck and as a new resident didn't have any weapon in it anyway, not even a baseball bat or a knife.

Luckily it was a couple of tourists checking out the BLM marker sign and information, but next time I take that route - recommend it by the way spectacular views - it might make me think about what calibre should be in the truck centre console.

edit: more chills when I noticed the end destination - Albuquerque - was the same as mine, whuuuuuuuut.

Last edited by MadsL; 13-12-2012 at 23:06.
13-12-2012, 22:27   #14
tbh

When I was 16 I went to Czechoslovakia, as it was then, to teach English for a week. Total disaster but that's for another thread. My first night there, I had to sleep in the train station in Prague. I got chatting to this American guy and we bunked down beside each other. Spent a while chatting and every so often this Czech guy who was about 18 would come over to us and try to talk to us but he'd no English and we'd no Czech so it wasn't very successful. He looked pretty grim. I fell asleep and was woken in the middle of the night by the sound of crying. The Czech lad was crouched at the end of my sleeping bag, sobbing, with this massive knife in his hand that he was kinda dragging across his wrist. In my ear I hear the American guy say "dude don't move a muscle and,don't make eye contact". I fall asleep in stressful situations and did so there and then. When I woke up the next morning, the American guy was gone without a trace and there was a big bloodstain on the end of my sleeping bag. Nothing was robbed or anything but I never saw either of them again.

So yeah, that was pretty freaky and to be honest that wasn't even the freakiest thing that happened on that trip.
(326) thanks from:
1ZRed, a fat guy, abbyw1989, Adamocovic, akura, allanb49, allym, ANDREWMUFC, Ankhyu, Ann22, AnnaSophia, Aphex, Aspadeaspade, BabysCoffee, Bajingo, Ballfro, banquo, Bassfish, bb1234567, BEASTERLY, beauty101, Benzino, Beruthiel, Bex91, BillyMitchel, billymitchell, BK92, blingrhino, Bobby Baccala, BobbyPropane, bogwalrus, boobar, boomkatalog, brummytom, Butterface, b_mac2, callaway92, Canard, catch.23, Catmologen, certifiedcrepe, Cerulean Chicken, challengemaster, chillywilly, CianRyan, ciarang85, Coffeeteasugar, ConorCBS, Contessa Raven, Coopaloop, CorsetIsTight, crfcaio, cristoir, curlzy, cute_cow, D Trent, Da Shins Kelly, Daftendirekt, Dan Chipowski, Daniel S, danslevent, Danzy, dark crystal, Das Kitty, dave3004, daysleeper, DazMarz, Deathwish4, deblacker, DeBurca, deceit, dee_mc, degrassinoel, DipStick McSwindler, DoesNotCompute, Dohnny Jepp, Dolbert, dr gonzo, dr.fuzzenstein, Drumpot, Duff, Eathrin, EIREDriver, El Weirdo, Ericaa, Esoteric_, Eve_Dublin, FamousSeamus, Fart, fat laura, Feathers, FerretFighterX, Fizman, fluke, Fluorescence, Flutterby80, focus_mad, fonpokno, forgotten password, FouxDaFaFa, foxinsox, FoxyVixen, Frada, frozenfrozen, FueledByAisling, FueledbyCoffee, gercoral, gerrybbadd, giant_midget, gizabeer, Glico Man, Gorgeousgeorge, Green Peter, hames, Healium, heffomike54, HellSquirrel, Herb Powell, herisson, HoggyRS, hollster2, HungryJoey, Hurricane Carter, ibarelycare, Icyseanfitz, InstaSte, irishgirl19, JamieKCCO, JamJamJamJam, jmreire, johnnykilo, JustAThought, kaki, KamiKazeKitten, Kenny Logins, Kev.OC, Knex., Koolhanger, kowloon, KTRIC, Kunkka, Kur4mA, L'prof, Lady Spangles, LadyMayBelle, ladypip, Landr, landsleaving, leahyl, LenaClaire, littlebuddy84, LizT, Local-womanizer, Lollipops23, Loomis, Loopy, Lorrs33, Loughc, lukesmom, Luno, mada999, MadsL, maguic24, major bill, Mam of 4, Maphisto, marnie d, MaroonAndGreen, massdebater, MauraTheThird, Max Power, maximoose, MaxSteele, Mc Love, Meteorite58, metime, michellie, MickFleetwood, Mightydrumming, MillField, Millicent, Minera, MIRMIR82, MomijiHime, Moneymaker, monkeysnapper, mossy95, Mr Freeze, MRnotlob606, MrStuffins, MrVestek, ms_wobbly, muff03, munster87, Munstermad, Nailz, nbar12, New Home, newbee22, newmug, nimrod86, Nolimits12, NOS3, notahopeinhell, Oh hai, OilBaron, ongarite, orangeocelot, ordinary_girl, OrgasmicBaz, Orim, Pa2k, pablomakaveli, PaddyWilliams, pajero12, PandaX9, Parchment, partyguinness, patmac, peekachoo, peterk675, Pissy Missy, platinums, plmko, Pompey Magnus, Poor_old_gill, portron niner, poundapunnet, Praetorian Saighdiuir, PressRun, problemnext, PucaMama, Pudsy33, pushkii, Queen-Mise, Qwerty Dub, R00ster, rab!dmonkey, Rachiee, Rasheed, Rasmus, razorblunt, RedFFWolf, RobbingBandit, Roisy7, Rory28, rox5, RoyalMarine, rxan90, Sar Bear, Say Your Number, scdublin, Schism, SeaFields, SecretsOfEarth, seekenee, shamrock2004, Shane-KornSpace, shane9689, Shivers26, Shryke, Sierra 117, Sir Gallagher, Slow Show, Smart Bug, Smeggy, sonas93, SpaceFlunky, spiralism, Stained Class, Stavro Mueller, stinkle, storker, sugarman, Sulla Felix, Sunnyisland, Suryavarman, sweetie, Talib Fiasco, tallaghtmick, tara73, Tasden, TashaMonster, Tazzer, TextureLikeSun, The Big Red Button, The King of Moo, TheBegotten, thebostoncrab, thegolfer, themissymoo, TheVoodoo, The_Minister, the_syco, Timmyctc, tolosenc, tomwaterford, toodleytoo, Toots, triseke, Truley, turbostan, UglyBolloxFace, Umekichi, ViveLaVie, Vojera, we'llallhavetea, Weathering, westernfrenzy, Westeros, whatanidiot, Whatsisname, Wibbs, wilkie2006, WindSock, WoollyRedHat, XplaygirlX, XR3i, xzanti, Yakult, yermandan, zero19, ziggy23, [-0-], _meehan_, _whiskers
13-12-2012, 22:32   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbh View Post
When I was 16 I went to Czechoslovakia, as it was then, to teach English for a week. Total disaster but that's for another thread. My first night there, I had to sleep in the train station in Prague. I got chatting to this American guy and we bunked down beside each other. Spent a while chatting and every so often this Czech guy who was about 18 would come over to us and try to talk to us but he'd no English and we'd no Czech so it wasn't very successful. He looked pretty grim. I fell asleep and was woken in the middle of the night by the sound of crying. The Czech lad was crouched at the end of my sleeping bag, sobbing, with this massive knife in his hand that he was kinda dragging across his wrist. In my ear I hear the American guy say "dude don't move a muscle and,don't make eye contact". I fall asleep in stressful situations and did so there and then. When I woke up the next morning, the American guy was gone without a trace and there was a big bloodstain on the end of my sleeping bag. Nothing was robbed or anything but I never saw either of them again.

So yeah, that was pretty freaky and to be honest that wasn't even the freakiest thing that happened on that trip.
Are you sure you weren't on the set of Hostel, if that's true, I don't know how you slept, I'd have ran for it.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion