Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

boards.ie 2?

• 21-07-2001 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any semi-popular irish boards? boards.ie seems to be the only one that gets some attention. I seem to remember a chatireland.net, but that must of closed down or something cos I can't get their site.

so, any others?

Comments

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Just curious... Why would you want a semi-popular Irish imitation of Boards.ie biggrin.gif

I wouldn't bother with it... But then again, thats just me...

[VAR]-RopeDrink***** was killed by IOL NoLimits with Headshot from Disconnect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I understand that P45.net is quite popular. Don't use it myself though.

- Munch

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think Boards.ie is the biggest now as per volume of posts and users. P45.net is good (we know the lads over there) and its busy too but its focus is kinda different. funny bastids tho...

Dev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

What is a DeVore anyway...

I always wondered that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Why would you want a semi-popular Irish imitation of Boards.</font>

probally wants to advertise!? makes sense to me. load of people n the like.
    ain't you doing hosting or something, or am i mixing you up with some other newbie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

The DeVore are a race of evil people from the delta quadrent that tryed to blow up Voyager.

wink.gif

Coyote

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

DeVore is also a type of material similar to Velvet...

So Tom's a big softie!!! curlydav.gif

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Hmm this might be the thread to ask this in.
    Owing to a drunken bet, i am obliged to set up a simple bulletin board for some of my luddite mates to talk **** on.
    the egroups/yahoo thing i know about but it might be a wee bit complicated for them. What im looking for is something like this or ezboard. Any ideas apart from those?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

ezboards are fairly good you have a lot of control over what goes on, on your boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Try this

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭acidweb

http://cgi.resourceindex.com/Remotely_Hosted/Bulletin_Board_Message_Systems/

^ This page should answer your questions ^

Regards,

Peter Denham
    [./url=http://www.acidwebsolutions.com/]http://www.acidwebsolutions.com/[/url]
    [./email=post@acidwebsolutions.com]post@acidwebsolutions.com[/email]

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

DeVore is not a "what" it is a "who".

He's a character from a book called Chung Quo by Dave Wingrove. The book is excellent and I identified with the character DeVore ... before he became a complete psycho and started killing everyone. Still, on the plus side, he plays a mean game of Go smile.gif

I started out as DeVore on the net about... oooh, 12 years ago now! I've been DeVore since then and some people think I'm named DeVore Murphy! (?!)
    A fair number of old-timers on the net would know the name, simply because its odd so I kinda stick to it now... (stopping myself from signing business emails with "DeV." is kinda hard too smile.gif )

DeV.

Advertisement