Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you ever think/say "I want to go home" but you actually ARE 'home'?

• 25-05-2015 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

i know it sounds a bit strange but when i'm feeling insecure, uncomfortable and anxious i feel this way. Can anyone relate?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

are you wearing your ruby slippers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

me0w wrote: »
    i know it sounds a bit strange but when i'm feeling insecure, uncomfortable and anxious i feel this way. Can anyone relate?!

Home is where the heart is. It was your security blanket. Just need to find a way to calm yourself OP. A distractions. Sounds like you could be stressed or tense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

I do it too! Usually it's a sign for me to start doing things to bring down my anxiety levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

are you wearing your ruby slippers?

Haha, nope. Nice reference tho. i guess I just dont feel comfortable / happy at 'home' as if it's not where I need to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭No_Comply

Thankfully, no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭me0w

No_Comply wrote: »
    Thankfully, no.

Lucky you, you must be in a good place in your life

I feel like that sometimes. Trouble is I've moved around so much that I have trouble placing where exactly 'home' is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Lucky you, you must be in a good place in your life

I don't think it actually matters where you are in your life OP tbh. I've never felt at home in my cushy apartment with all mod cons and all the rest of it and a plush bed to sleep in at night. I just cannot relax in that environment, and I don't feel relaxed. I've always felt tense. I feel more at home and comfortable being in the company of people who are homeless, was never quite sure why, but it's a thought process I have to actively try to overcome constantly in order not to let my discomfort be seen by anyone else.

It's an odd one alright, but I don't spend too much time questioning it, I've just learned to adapt my lifestyle in order to cope with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Home is a state of mind, not so much a place. Usually it involves feeling secure and in control about your place in your world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Homer: Come on kids, lets go home
    Bart: We are home.
    Homer: That was fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Standards of living are rising daily, but home sweet home is only a saying.

And don't get me started on blow up dolls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Yeah I do feel like that at times but it's because I'm currently spending the year in Germany and I miss my family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I brought and lived in one house for 9 years and never felt fully comfortable in it...it was just a roof over my head I still cant put my finger on what was wrong with it. The more time I spend in this house the happier I am maybe its because my husband is here with me so it a home and not just a house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

My "home" doesn't really exist anymore :(

My parents have retired to another country, and have rented our family home out to a lovely young family who are just starting out in life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Yeah I don't really have a physical 'home' either. We moved house when I was 9,14, then I moved out in my mid twenties. Since I moved out, my family have moved house again, and where I'm living now is just a temporary renting thing.
    For me though, home is people. Family, friends, boyfriend. Where my family live is home as such, because I can always go there if I need anything like advice or a chat or even a dose of sympathy and looking after.
    My best friends' house is like home because I go there, have a good aul chat and a laugh/cry and get tea in a good mug. I've my own room there ffs. :p

Home for me is being with people who make me feel secure.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I want to go home now.

Stupid work.

:(

Advertisement