Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-07-2001, 16:10   #16
Banned

worked for me...
honestly - just treat them like ****, everyone else is kinda like "can i come in please sir?" and it gives them an option to say no.
Just scoff at them as if they're the people hired to open the door for you WHICH THEY ARE and thats all and they're usually so shocked (and stupid) that you're at the bar ordering a manhattan before they've realised a young fellah just shat all over them.

btw, lillies never ask for id - they just either let you in or not - thet's where being well dressed comes in.
and stop categorising places like zanzibar and firewaorks as "trendy". If you think these places are trendy you really have no idea.

[This message has been edited by fisty (edited 16-07-2001).]
Advertisement
16-07-2001, 23:20   #17
Lump

Send a message via MSN to Lump
I have never been asked for ID, but I know in Kilkenny they won't accept anything but national age cards in most of the pubs, well all excluding the scumbag pubs. So be prepared to be refused.

John
16-07-2001, 23:31   #18
elexes
No Life No Hope

Send a message via MSN to elexes Send a message via Yahoo to elexes
*rembers* dub .... never been refused apart form fitzsimmons { if i spelt that right } then i asked 2 c the owner was refused that then rang the owners when outside and asked there son my bothers m8 to come out and slap these bouncers around the head

------------------
what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?
17-07-2001, 01:41   #19

Generally U will require a passport or Drivers licence as ID

USIT cards r too easy to forge...

(that is in the city centre)

I probably am not aloud mention a pub that u can get into but i will hint
it is around the corner from DNC temple bar...
-->"H@nD3ls"
I don't know what swords is like but i suppose they r OAP pubs and locals
the above pub is mainly your age group.
and it is around the corner from DnC
If u can get someones passport or a gf i suggest u goto "Bruxelles" just off grafton street...they have a rocker basement that has been in existance since the birth of Bob Dylan, Check it out...(i'll be teh guy with the strippy blue trousers and teh velvet jacket...NO i ain't gay lol ... just a looney)
Have Fun

------------------

"Information is Ammunition"
Choas Engine
Email: choas@netshop.ie
18-07-2001, 15:26   #20

Be warned, alot of place's Not accepting Provisinal Licances anymore, there's a mountain of fakes going around @ tho mo. Passports ur best bet
Advertisement
19-07-2001, 13:23   #21

As was said earlier you have to walk in with your head held high...lookin as though you own the place. Back in my day(lol)I found that worked a treat!
I once told a bouncer my date of birth was 75 instead of 73 makin me 17 at the time and he seemed confused and just let me in?!?!? Nice one, most of them dont have a clue. They wouldn't let me in to a bar in Temple Bar cos I was wearing a £80 pair of Vans trainers!!! Go figure..personally I wouldnt go near town at the moment.. too much hassle getting home and me boll-x am I getting a night link to Dun Loaire!!
19-07-2001, 14:19   #22
The Sweeper
Patience, grasshoppa

Send a message via MSN to The Sweeper
Interesting post - you should have a look at the front page of today's Evening Herald...

Your timing could have been better unfortunately!

If you can't get a hold of a copy, it's basically an enormous scandal feature about a 16 year old who teamed up with one of the Herald journos to see if she could get served anywhere - the entire front page is a picture of this young wan with a pink scarf with a bottle of beer in one hand and a glass in the other - the caption is some 'the rewards of sin' rubbish or something!! And they don't even name a pub that she was in, so it's no help to you there!!

------------------
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

[This message has been edited by Minesajackdaniels (edited 19-07-2001).]
19-07-2001, 14:43   #23
Banned

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chaos-Engine:

I probably am not aloud mention a pub that u can get into but i will hint
it is around the corner from DNC temple bar...
...(i'll be teh guy with the strippy blue trousers and teh velvet jacket...NO i ain't gay lol ... just a looney)
Have Fun

</font>
If you think he means isoldes tower - you should know its gay on wednesdays.
He may also be talking about the turks head where they let in anyone with a skateboard and who looks like a rocker.

Chaos - were you in the institute in 2000?
I knew a guy with blue trousers and a velvet jacket - he wore bowling shoes.... loony is an understatement

[This message has been edited by fisty (edited 19-07-2001).]

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion