Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renovation Cost

Options
  • 02-06-2020 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I am trying to create a rough summary of costs for new house purchase in Dublin. This is a 1980's 3 bed townhouse, 70 SQM. I'm looking for the following to be done.

Windows expanded in size, and then Triple glazing installation. 4 Windows.
    New sliding patio door expanded in size and installed as new, and triple glazing installation
    Energy Rating is E and has electric heaters. Cost of reasonable improvements? Central heating etc
    2 interior nonload baring walls removed (6 ft length)
    New small kitchen (4-5 sqm)
    New small bathroom (4 sqm)
    New Ensuite bathroom
    New gutters and facias
    Garden fully lanscaped, roughly 20 sqm
    Wardrobes fitted in 3 bedrooms

I know costs can vary depending on taste but just looking for an idea of total costs for this work.

Thanks everyone

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Windows extended in size, have you budgeted for planning permission for this if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gav19801

Thanks Gumbo,
    I thought about planning permission but didnt think about costs of application.
    The neighbours seem to have had them done so hoping its okay

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Gav19801 wrote: »
    Thanks Gumbo,
    I thought about planning permission but didnt think about costs of application.
    The neighbours seem to have had them done so hoping its okay

Just because the neighbors done it doesn’t mean it’s ok.

I had to lodge a retention application for a house last year near me as he increased the windows on the front elevation.

Went through fine but delayed the sale for 4 months.

Advertisement