Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artificial Grass Installation - DIY

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭caddy16

jmBuildExt wrote: »
    Don't think you need to do anything - they will just leave it in the dublin depot and charge your account. Then they notify you. Then you collect.
    Or... You can get it delivered to your house for a further 7.95 - for that, the faq said you do it through the account.

Thanks again. Last question! Did you go with 2 or 4m rolls just wondering if 4m is a problem for PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

caddy16 wrote: »
    Thanks again. Last question! Did you go with 2 or 4m rolls just wondering if 4m is a problem for PM?
    Well good question actually - Im finalising my order today. According to one of the guys above, the 2m rolls were necessary , I got the impression that was due to PM rules.
    But... I see that the calculator doesnt show up any red flags when you put 4m in to it.

But I think ill still end up going with 2m rolls, as i will be picking up from the depot, and wont get 4m onto my car.

4m is an easier lay though, particularly if yo uhave square area to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CPS84

Got the samples today and quiet like the 'Melbourne' grass. Has anybody found a courier to get this delivered direct to an address in the ROI? Never used Parcel Motel before and it sounds like a lot of hassle getting it delivered to a depo etc.

I installed the melbourne 35 - happy with it! and its comparable to 30euro per sqm samples i got from companies here.
    Cant help you with couriers, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭iphone6

Hi anyone with any advice on the courier service from cheapgrass.co.uk to rol

• Advertisement

On installation lads - instead if a hardcore & sand base would a 5mm chip work out better for drainage and give a solid base. Cover it with membrane and grass on top. Any thoughts?

On installation lads - instead if a hardcore & sand base would a 5mm chip work out better for drainage and give a solid base. Cover it with membrane and grass on top. Any thoughts?

Anyone experience of putting in base?

Anyone experience of putting in base?

Yep but used ~125mm hardcore below 25-30mm grit sand as per the guides in paving expert website.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Hi - our backyard is natural grass. We are thinking of replacing that with a mix of artificial grass (80%) and sandstone flags (20%). The problem is - whenever it rains for a bit the grass area basically becomes a very wet grassland - and the more you walk on it the wetter it becomes. No natural drainage or absorption. The soil is clay I believe and doesn't absorb water at all. Will we need to have a special drainage system installed beneath the artificial grass to take care of this or will the layers under (the stones and sand) it take care of it?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Debub wrote: »
    Hi - our backyard is natural grass. We are thinking of replacing that with a mix of artificial grass (80%) and sandstone flags (20%). The problem is - whenever it rains for a bit the grass area basically becomes a very wet grassland - and the more you walk on it the wetter it becomes. No natural drainage or absorption. The soil is clay I believe and doesn't absorb water at all. Will we need to have a special drainage system installed beneath the artificial grass to take care of this or will the layers under (the stones and sand) it take care of it?

thanks

You'll need to install drainage. Holed pipes that lead into a single pipe which should go to mains or soak pit. Leaving as is same problem exists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭jem

Any thoughts about puting this down on tarmacadam yard? could it be put straight down?
    j

I believe so, Im sure Ive seen it on suppliers websites.... Assuming the tarmac is sound and doesnt pool, it should be ok.
    Id give it a good sweep first.
    It will be very hard underneath. Might be worth putting down rubber mat underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

Does anyone have a good supplier recommendation post brexit?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

shakedown wrote: »
    Does anyone have a good supplier recommendation post brexit?

As per forum charter, recommendations by PM, thanks

Advertisement