Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why UFOs are bunk

Options
  • 03-12-2002 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

just after reading an article on BBC News Science section.

ye can have a read here

just wondering who agrees with the article cause since the whole X-file craze has died down over the last year or two, UFO's are no longer in vogue. has anyone changed their minds.

i remember someone saying in another thread that himself\herself saw a UFO, would be interested in hearing the story.

i know this topic might have a few million old threads on the issue but was just curious as to what people thought now.

Have ye changed yer opinion in the last few years? 32 votes

I still believe\am a new believer in little green men
    0% 0 votes
    I recant all my X-file ramblings\never believed
    75% 24 votes
    They're all flying Atari Jaguars
    25% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Where is that thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i think its in this After Hours section, not sure. all i know is i saw it recently, think the thread was about ghosts and the paranormal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Heh, I saw this thing on Sky of this Blair Witch Style taping of a bunch of aliens ambushing someone's house and the family are filming it. This tape is allegedly "Real" and the people have gone missing!:rolleyes:

It was funny. Right at the end of the tape the remaining members of the family are eating at the dinner table. Aliens come into the dining room, then hypnotise the family who then start walking towards them and then out the door. An alien then moves his hand towards the camera and then it goes static!

God! what a complete load of bull****.

(The aliens were just the usual big headed blue guys with big black eyeballs. And they had red laser beam weapons)

I can't remember what it was called, but did anyone else see this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

I saw that film a few days ago on sky primiare. Load of tripe. I mean half way thru the film the girl "breaks down" and goes into the corner and hudles and crys doing the most pethetic cry ever. One part which literaly left me on the ground crying was when the part that they leave the mam (or whatever) on the couch to rest and they exit the room...they enter back in and she is dead. The girl goes "How did this happen? She was alive a minute ago". I mean come on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Scruff
    i remember someone saying in another thread that himself\herself saw a UFO

would that have been the time myself and some friends saw a silver cigar shaped object going across the sky making no sound at all. that was really weird seeing as it has featured on one of those Discovery paranormal type programmes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

what?! that alien abduction film was scareh =(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=519340#post51934

I believe this is the topic you ment scruff...

Scary?!! You are kidding right? I was in tears laughing at it!

It was funnier than when a guy got sacked at work for pinching the Chef's ass! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Nearest cluster of Stars that *may* contain a solar system that *may* contain life is 25 000 light years away

A light year is a unit of distance not time, ie how far light travels in one year.

Speed of light is maximum speed allowed in the universe (9.46 x 10^12 kilometres or therebouts!)

If life on earth or life in *that* solar system ever manages to travel the speed of light they will still need a lifespan of around 25 000+ years to meet.

Somehow I don't believe we've ever had any visits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I believe intelligent alien life exists, I just don't think it's ever managed to reach Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Whereas I believe it created Earth. Mad eh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Canaboid
    Whereas I believe it created Earth. Mad eh ?
    You sure are.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

Em i think that film was called , Alien Abduction - The MacPherson Tapes.See the bit where yer man is at the door with a pump action shot gun , then the alien shines a laser pointer through the keyhole.Yer man then blows a massive hole in the door and kills the alien.Like lol , Pump Action Shotgun vs Laser Pointer :p

Originally posted by Pokes
    Em i think that film was called , Alien Abduction - The MacPherson Tapes.See the bit where yer man is at the door with a pump action shot gun , then the alien shines a laser pointer through the keyhole.Yer man then blows a massive hole in the door and kills the alien.Like lol , Pump Action Shotgun vs Laser Pointer :p

I also noticed the shotgun had made a perfectly round hold in the door? Is that possible? I don't know shotguns, but I was suspicious about that.

Also, another funny laser pointer part in the film is when there's this red dot flying around the room and there all ****ting themselves. Then the laser shines on a woman and she goes unconcious! Hehe. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Where did you get this fact from. In fact we've discovered solar systems closer. Granted they may not contain life but the fact is that they do exist!

Got it from a document that must have been made before the discovery of this planet or else they weren't considering it as no life could possibly live there.

Sorry about f*cking up on the speed of light thing was a bit tired!

No idea about warping space, all I've ever heard about it is its science fiction, you got any links? - I'm genuinely interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by DapperGent
    I believe intelligent alien life exists, I just don't think it's ever managed to reach Earth.

I believe that intelligent life exists, just not ON earth :rolleyes:

Seriously though, if you think that we're alone in this vast, VAST universe then you are even more arrogant than Charlie McCreevy.

So if there were aliens? And they invade, and have a big mothership the size of a city, with lots and lots of smaller fighting ships, do you think we'll be able to hack into their systems and give it a virus to knock out their shields, then shove a Jet fighter up the motherships ass to make the whole thing explode?

God that movie sucked! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Think of it like this.....If aliens do exist and they have visited the earth, then they'd probably be travelling so fast that you wouldn't even see them.....i.e. if they travelled too slowly then their journey would be as practicle as us heading across the atlantic in a rowing boat, maybe even more dramatic!

• Advertisement

Advertisement