Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dustin and the Late Late

• 29-11-2002 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

At 11.45 this morning Dustin the Turkey issued the following statement in
    relation to his position regarding tonight's Late Late Toy Show.
    "It is with great sadness that I must inform the nation's children that it
    now looks highly unlikely that I will be appearing on tonight's Late Late
    Toy Show. As many of my fans know I wanted to use the opportunity to extend
    the wing of friendship to the broadcasting genius that is Pat Kenny. Much
    has been made in the past of my relationship with Pat, with some people in
    the media implying that I've said negative things abouthim, that simply
    isn't the case, I love Pat and think the country and indeed the world would
    be a far poorer place without him.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my millions of fans who've sent
    messages of support to me over this very trying week. I'd also like to urge
    these fans NOT to email Pat at latelate@rte.ie or indeed call RTE on 2083111
    venting their understandable anger
    . We must except the fact that Pat and the
    Late Late team are far wiser then us and have made their decision safe in
    the knowledge that the Toy Show will be better without me. Who are we to
    question such logic?

Of course I will leave my mobile on right up to 11.30 should Pat change his
    mind.

May God bless you all and keep you safe.

Dustin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

See also Here

I have emailed them, I gather this is not a stunt but Kenny really wont have him on ;-)

Get emailing / ringing, would love to see him on now!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

me and Oggy have emailed them as well. Oggy loves a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Dustaz
    I'd also like to urge
    these fans NOT to email Pat at latelate@rte.ie or indeed call RTE on 2083111
    venting their understandable anger.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! All the little fecking kiddies that are going to try ring that number and end up getting through to me saying (in their little tinny voices) "Bring Dusty back yis feckers...!".

NO NO NO NO NO....

(For clarification, I work across the road from RTE and we have about 30,000 numbers, all beginning with 20. The amount of people we get looking for RTE is phenomenal. My life is going to be hell if people see this.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

pwnd :)

Does the email work though?

I'm ghoing to post that up (minus the phone number) on our college boards...nothing like a bunch of sentimental students to get the spam flowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Of course I will leave my mobile on right up to 11.30 should Pat change his
    mind.
    Its so obviously a publicity stunt
    Everyone's going to watch the show now to see what happens and the ratings will go up.. duh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

duh yourself, it now looks like he is *not* going to be on the show at all and instead is due to appear on the (Last) Last word with Dunphy

As reported in some papers Pat Kenny doesnt want him on as he will get a slagging!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

Good! I hate that feckin turkey!

Humbug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Blasphemy Wossack!
    Dustin the Turkey is an Irish institution(well,more like St Pats Institution anyway as he would no doubt say:D ).But he is sort of an Irish tv legend-a whole generation grew up with him.If it were not for him no children would not realise that there are such things as brown envelopes and Fianna Fail corruption and therefore would only become loyal members of Ogra Fianna Fail:eek: :eek:
    Anyway,Dustin hasnt been allowed on the toy show in years AFAIK so why all the fuss this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Email sent because I'm such a softie.

Missed Dustin on the Dunphy show, purely because I got out of the car and just plain forgot about it (I did notice him sucking up to Shane Ross quite a bit though ("Oh, yes Senator, three bags Senator? You'll be coming back on later Senator?"). Thought they'd almost be drinking buddies after getting burned by Eircom shares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Toy show is on a bit early this year, yeah. I gather they've finally twigged that when it was on in the past, most kids had already decided what they wanted from the fat man. Massive advertising income from the toy show and all that (earlier=companies prepared to pay that little bit extra so every little girl wants a big yellow teapot or whatever it is this year)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by sceptre
    a big yellow teapot

Jesus that is old! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched the show for 15 minutes... as awful as usual. Did we really enjoy it when we were young?

Did Dustin show?

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

No Dustin or Kevo.

Its a disgrace.

[edit]its my 1000th post yay[/edit]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Gay Byrne just can't be replaced in that show, he had great charisma and really seemed to connect with the kids. Pat looked like he was forcing it, and it wasn't very convincing. I'm rather disgusted that Dustin never popped in. There goes another tradition:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Console yourself Kevo fans http://newjack.dahomelands.net/~munch/kev.html

Where were the Billy Barry Kids? And what was the deal with that kid Dean and that rich kid. I want to see normal children playing with toys.

Is Kevo that Dub who seems to have been on every RTE kids show since he was about 7?He used to do that Network 2 show on the weekend in the morning with the really loud voiced cork woman(the disney show or something similiar).Am I on about the right dude?
    But sure as I have said Dustin hasnt shown up in years-why all the fuss this year?
    I remember when I was a kid it would be good till about 11:15-then the remainder would be taken up of rather camp dance performances by kids from those stage schools.TBH I dont thinki they should ever have that kind of thing.I quote Dara O brian
    "Dya remember when we were kids watching the Toy Show?Kids hate other kids with talent.So when Gaybo would say"Right thats enough toys until after the break.Now let us introduce Irelands most talented 10 year old piano player Mary from Cork"we would all be shouting"Get that precocious bitch and her piano off the tv and show me some toys!!!" :D:D

Originally posted by D-Generate

Where were the Billy Barry Kids? And what was the deal with that kid Dean and that rich kid. I want to see normal children playing with toys.

LOL!
    kev_matrix.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Wossack
    kev_matrix.jpg

my sides are splitting LOL :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by The Gopher
    I remember when I was a kid it would be good till about 11:15-then the remainder would be taken up of rather camp dance performances by kids from those stage schools.TBH I dont thinki they should ever have that kind of thing.I quote Dara O brian
    "Dya remember when we were kids watching the Toy Show?Kids hate other kids with talent.So when Gaybo would say"Right thats enough toys until after the break.Now let us introduce Irelands most talented 10 year old piano player Mary from Cork"we would all be shouting"Get that precocious bitch and her piano off the tv and show me some toys!!!" :D:D

Too damn right.

Even last night I was screaming at the TV, f-ing and blinding at the smug little fúckers.

And who the christ dressed up that poor little bastérd for the Dance-Dance Revolution PS2 thing?
    What a bloody waste of a loively flatscreen telly.

Should've had a beast of a PC playing UT2003/Q3/Flashpoint/TuxRacer on a projector.

And they always get a good mix of totally normal, shy quiet kiddies and the little loud cheeky boisterous little rug rat bastérds too.
    A hex on their parents, spoiling them....

EndRant();

jeebus that felt better, years of vice and repulsion relieved with one post.
    Where'd I be without boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by D-Generate

/me takes a bow :D

Also, a pox on those crappy dance routine kids. Did ye see that 9 year old antique collector? Jebus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Anyone spot that it was the dirty (dance) version of Eminem's song "without me" that was played for some little twits dance ??
    Typical RTE !
    I'm not goin' to post the lyrics, but they are easily findable on google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Yeah , I noticed that they left the swearing
    in the Eminem tune aswell.
    the fella on the DanceDance game turned out
    to be some award-winning expert.
    Surprise , Surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

FYI, the Kids usually come from the Billy Barry stage school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Dustin should be made permanent host of the late late show, he has more charisma than Pat Kenny FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by Yurmasyurda
    Dustin should be made permanent host of the late late show, he has more charisma than Pat Kenny FFS.

i concur.

Originally posted by Yurmasyurda

Ive seen superquin bags filled with lard with more charisma then Pat Kenny. That kid with the latest tyco sh!te was pretty funny, really showing up 'Pat'. I roffled anyways ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

ah kennys an eegit , flips sake dustins the man , sure christ its not christmas without dustin on the late late show.

• Advertisement

Watched the repeat this afternoon.Had to laugh when that kid of about 8 was breakdancing to the dance remix of Without Me,complete with the words tits,cum an f`uck on a childrens programme:D That is what I love about RTE,they do not seem to have a clue about how to go about editing anything,which has its advantages as we get to see unedited Simpsons:)
    Anyway,there was alot of stuff done on it by these kids that they will wish never happened when they reach about 14.
    And did you notice Pat kept referring to the Homer Simpson doll as Bart?Ah jaysus!:rolleyes:
    I havnt seen Kevo in years but presumbly the fact he is over 100 years old is beginning to eradicate his youthful performances on tv.His appearences were bleedin rapid!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

saw a bit of the repeat today.. pat's a fat bastard inne? :)

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Without Me,complete with the words tits,cum an f`uck on a childrens programme:D

i heard that this afternoon (it was on in the background) and i heard the words **** You Debbie. i thought they would have edited it at least for the afternoon showing. that young fella was a pompous little gimp anyway. then TV3 showed a woman have a bath. they showed her tits on afternoon telly. the country's gone mad. there must be no editing suites at our national broadcasters. editing is evil anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by daveirl
    TV3 never edit! I've seen them leave in stacks of stuff. I suppose they're just trying to do it cheaply!

They do actually. They cut the bollix out of things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MickRyan2000

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    then TV3 showed a woman have a bath. they showed her tits on afternoon telly.
    What program/film was that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 IMbecile

my sides are splitting LOL :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Baby RenuejeD

Originally posted by Dustaz
    the Billy Barry stage school

Where Dustaz goes to socialize with
    members of the opposite sex

.:D

Originally posted by Baby RenuejeD

Where Dustaz goes to socialize with
    members of the opposite sex

.:D

LOL:D

Anyway,Ive never seen anything at all edited on Irish tv no matter what time of day it is.I remember once when Charlie Bird was covering a taxi drivers march in Dublin,the 6 o clock news showed a clip where some drivers who for whatever didnt like his style of presenting threatened"to shove that fookin furry microphone up yer fookin hole"or words to that effect.(this being the same channel which now rates programmes according to content,ignoring the fact 95% of viewers wonder why letters like YA and MA appear at the start of programmes.)
    In England if somebody says"crap" on tv before 9 o clock it is consdiered a big deal.Seriously-several people often complain when people say words like that on kids shows like CD:UK or whatever.
    I love this country-it doesnt have as many people who are horrified by pre watershed swearing.And RTE doesnt take any notice to anybody who complains:)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by MickRyan2000
    What program/film was that?

i don't know the name but it was a WW2 film. i was flicking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i also heard it unedited at 1pm on radio 1 i think

Advertisement