Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xmas Pressies for family

• 04-12-2002 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

I'm really stuck for ideas this year.
    I was wondering if anyone could throw a few ideas in this direction.

We're talking bout buying pressies for the following:

1.My folks, who are in their late 50's.

2.My bro, who is bout 25, and unmarried, big into golf, music, and sport.

3.My sis, aged bout 29/30, who has moved into a new apartment, was thinking of getting her something for her new place, any ideas??

As I'm a poor student, and not working part time, my budget is low, so please keep this in mind.

All ideas, good, bad, or otherwise are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!
    Memphis

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

My sis, aged bout 29/30, who has moved into a new apartment, was thinking of getting her something for her new place, any ideas??

aged about 29/30,
    D'ont ya know????

:confused:
    gogo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

try slapping some sense into your brother, you should be able to get him to stop playing golf...
    he'll thank you for it one day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Graemo

Golf is a strange game unless of course you've ever played it. Then it becomes an even stranger game.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by memphis
    1.My folks, who are in their late 50's.

Depending on where they're from get a picture of their home town in Ireland and frame it!

2.My bro, who is bout 25, and unmarried, big into golf, music, and sport.

U2's greatest hits DVD

3.My sis, aged bout 29/30, who has moved into a new apartment, was thinking of getting her something for her new place, any ideas??

Get her a big dreamcatcher. They're cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Thanks for all the replies, but I'm looking for pressie ideas, not smart comments about my family, thank you!!!!

My sis is 29, so what if I got it wrong, besides 30 is just one number more!

My bro only recently started playing golf, its meant to be a big sociel thing, he has meet many of his clients playing golf (he's a manager of some research lab).

As for getting my bro a DVD, he hasn't got a dvd player!!! And if ya meant cd he already has both the best of the 80's and 90's by U2.

As for my sis, what the hell is a dreamcatcher???

Please keep in mind that I'm a student so budgets are low, in the €20 - €30 area!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

a dreamcatcher is a small netlike object you hang over your bed
    judging by the name...i'd say it catches dreams...though i've never really had it work (although i didn't Stop dreaming after i got one...so it must be doing something right)

if you've never heard of it...its probably not a big interest of hers, but its only christmas..so it doesn't have to mean anything

as for your brother, get him the U2 dvd AND a DVD player..that'd be nice wouldn't it?

and i'm kinda out of ideas...so just give your parents a monkey...everyone likes monkeys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Originally posted by memphis
    Please keep in mind that I'm a student so budgets are low, in the €20 - €30 area!!!!

AS I've said already money is a problem, I can hardy afford to buy a DVD, not to mind say a DVD player!

As for a dreamcatcher, I've never heard of anything so daft in my life!!
    Thanks for the suggestion though!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Rhea

Originally posted by Graemo
    Golf is a strange game unless of course you've ever played it. Then it becomes an even stranger game.:confused:

It's a game of balls, you know.

Advertisement