Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Chilean football

Los Andes v Atlanta

Los Andes 3rd fr bottom Atlanta challenging for league.

8/11 Atlanta win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I'll miss Fergietime bets...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

tinodz wrote: »
    I'll miss Fergietime bets...

:( Devestated.

Wondering if I should get on Jose as next manager at evens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Bet of the weekend - United (-1.0) v Swansea @5/6?

Fergie's last game at home, will want to go out on a high maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 robertc

i'd say united wins are guarenteed in the two remaining fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

:( Devestated.

Wondering if I should get on Jose as next manager at evens...

Im pretty sure i read somewhere mourinhio does not want to take over straight after fergie as he feels the next manager will fail im on david moyes 6/4 and a longshot with him doing his coaching badges and fergie going upstairs will still be involved ryan giggs 33/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Sickened I didn't go for Moyes when I heard the news earlier. He was as far as 6/4 out on PP. Reckon it's a cert. Thought it was amazing that they had him at 1/2 on after a flood of bets over night, yet he managed to drift out after Ferguson announced he was retiring :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I've split the last few quid in my PP account between Fulham and Villa, got all the outsiders covered now...

Well that's looking very clever now.:rolleyes:

Who do we fancy for the Championship play-offs, I'm leaning towards Watford? Betting on it for years and haven't won yet...

Well that's looking very clever now.:rolleyes:

Who do we fancy for the Championship play-offs, I'm leaning towards Watford? Betting on it for years and haven't won yet...

I reckon Brighton. Watford already bottled it not getting promoted throught the league, Brighton have the form which is key in the playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

thinking of going big on the City handicap for the FA cup final. what do ye think? Wigan play Arsenal just 3 days later in the league and that game is far more important to them also they have alot of injuries at the back i can see City cruising this one???

evens for City -1, 5/2 for -2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

manual_man wrote: »
    thinking of going big on the City handicap for the FA cup final. what do ye think? Wigan play Arsenal just 3 days later in the league and that game is far more important to them also they have alot of injuries at the back i can see City cruising this one???

evens for City -1, 5/2 for -2

I'm going with Wigan myself at 9.4. MOst of these Wigan players will never get the chance to play in a cup final again so I'm just thinking that they may hit City on the break and nick a 1-0 win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

I reckon Brighton. Watford already bottled it not getting promoted throught the league, Brighton have the form which is key in the playoffs.

Plus are Watford not down to their 3rd choice keeper ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

United -1 at weekend against Swansea is 5/6?? Lump material for me. Fergie's last game at Old Trafford the players will be well up for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Radonman wrote: »

Who also won't be feeling too good about himself with the second goal he let slip through his hands!

And seeing the faces of the players and manager when it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Radonman wrote: »

Not sure this is confirmed. I heard on Monday that Almunia was a hamstring so may be ok, the sub keeper has a broken nose so may be able to play, and that the club were considering applying for an emergency loan as well. Not sure if it has moved on since then but worth checking before betting imo.

For the playoffs im on leicster they got in at the death they will be buzzing they play watford and watford will be gutted over blowing automatic i think it will be a brighton leicster final

For tonight i fancy chelsea to win at 19/20 spurs not been great for me recently laboured to a late win at home to southampton and got a late equaliser at wigan not playing well enough for me to get a result against chelsea who are in great form after winning at old trafford and the europa ligue final next week will see thisgame as an oppurtunity to clinch a top 4 spot and be in a position to rest players at the weekend before there cup final but with the consistent form gareth bale is in he will threaten any team so paddypowers special of bale anytime chelsea win stands out to me and i will be getting on that

Anyone who is looking at watford to be promoted just a pre warning there forward vrdrya hasunt scored in months and troy deeney was sent off against leeds and will miss the first leg which is a huge loss as he is there main goal threat i fancy leicster to win the first game on thursday by a couple goals palace brighton is friday night i expect brighton to be too strong over the two legs but think palace will take a narrow advantage to brighton with glen murray back amongst the goals think il back palace and leicster in a double to set me up for the weekend and call me biased but my only bets for saturday is aston villa or draw v chelsea at evens villa are all but safe and will playbwith a bit more freedom and pressure off and are in great form also will take benteke and agbonlahor who has 8 in 12 anytime

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Avfctom wrote: »
    For tonight i fancy chelsea to win at 19/20 spurs not been great for me recently laboured to a late win at home to southampton and got a late equaliser at wigan not playing well enough for me to get a result against chelsea who are in great form after winning at old trafford and the europa ligue final next week will see thisgame as an oppurtunity to clinch a top 4 spot and be in a position to rest players at the weekend before there cup final but with the consistent form gareth bale is in he will threaten any team so paddypowers special of bale anytime chelsea win stands out to me and i will be getting on that

Where do you see that special on PP? I can't find it.

• Advertisement

Shane St. wrote: »
    United -1 at weekend against Swansea is 5/6?? Lump material for me. Fergie's last game at Old Trafford the players will be well up for it

If Bale delievers tonight, I'll be lumping on that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

John83 wrote: »
    Where do you see that special on PP? I can't find it.

Very interested in finding this too. Cant' see it either.

Bale role reversal on there home page on the movile app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerplay/enhanced-special?ev_oc_grp_ids=239489

if you open the paddy power website its staring you straight in the face. 8/1 ...decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Cheers Tom :)

8/1 .. I'm having some of that!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

just to make it clear for all its bale anytime and chelsea mustwin 8/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

DominicKid wrote: »
    Tottenham DNB 7/4 [Vital game for Spurs]
    Napoli 8/11 [Must win to finish to finish 2nd in Seria A]
    Atletico Madrid 20/21 [Must win/draw to secure top 3 finish]
    Real Madrid 2/9 [Must win game to finish 2nd in the La Liga]

I am going the bologna as they won the last 2 games away to napoli and they will want to win after being hammered 6-0 which is very rare in Italian football as 4-0 is normally the max Italian clubs will score out of respect for the other team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Ac Milan -2.0 Evens

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

Ac Milan -3
    Udinese
    Real to win and 5 or more goals
    Inter and lazio btts
    Bologna and Napoli btts

100/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Has anyone seen the odds in the Torino/Genoa match for tonight,the draw is 4/7 on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Festy wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the odds in the Torino/Genoa match for tonight,the draw is 4/7 on.

A point might suit both teams. Very close at the bottom with them in 16th and 17th .. Worth keeping an eye on. http://espnfc.com/tables/_/league/ita.1/italian-serie-a?cc=5739#

• Advertisement

Festy wrote: »

Hmm, odd betting patterns in Italy you say?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,624 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Las any developments about that PSG being docked points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

on the bale wagon at 8s
    goodbye fiver :D

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭DEVEREUX

Any thoughts on Atalanta V Juventus tonight. Atalanta worth a punt @ 3.5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Headshot wrote: »
    Las any developments about that PSG being docked points?

There's an investigation going on (Leonardo says he was pushed :pac:), a decision will be taken in 2 or 3 weeks. Thiago Silva got a 2-game ban... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Chelsea Team : Cech; Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Cole; Ramires, Luiz; Oscar, Mata, Hazard; Torres

Tottenham Team Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Huddlestone, Parker, Holtby; Adebayor, Bale

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Scott Parker to be shown a card 9/4

Mata wincast 10/3 £10
    Bale chelsea wincast 8/1 £10

Real madrid v malaga over 3.5 goals
    Chelsea v spurs over 2.5 goals

2/1 £50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

How do you request odds on something? Should I use a site's chat?

Also, if they're voting for LMA manager of the year soon (don't know if all the votes have been cast yet) then Ferguson's a shoe in, but I can't find anywhere offering odds for it.

Edit. I actually believe the voting may have taken place already. The awards take place on May 20th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Ladbrokes 11/8 Chelsea win. (£25 max) - http://sportsbeta.ladbrokes.com/footballdetail?event=217075528

You need to be logged into the site for the link to work.

Opr

• Advertisement

All aboard the Bale Train!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Mata 3/1 anytime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Small bet on Mata anytime.

Reason: He is so darn cute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

BTS in spurs/chelsea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Tottenham over 4 corners @ 8/11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Whats the deal with Paddy Power was just going through it there (by the way am only recently signed up) and noticed that they don't do they Home/Away goals market unless am missing it myself?

2/1 £50

Followed you on this. One in and Madrid scoring early bodes well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

3/1 chelsea to score next pp text special

text stake and ENHANCED CHELSEA NEXT GOAL TO 51465

ONLY untill the second half starts

2/1 £50

Great call! :D

• Advertisement

John83 wrote: »
    Great call! :D

Easyiest bet iv won all year looked too good to be true a 3-2 chelsea win with mata and bale scoring would be a clean sweep tonight lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement