Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second ps4. What happens to my original?

Options
  • 18-07-2019 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hi,

I am thinking of getting a ps Pro but keeping the original PlayStation.

I buy all games via psn and around 75 percent are downloaded as I have a 2 tb harddrive.

When I buy the ps Pro how do I play those games on this machine? Do I just log in as my user and download them again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

You could swap the drive? and then you'd be ready to go? Or once you log in again you can download them all again without issue (unless it's weird cases like the PT demo)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I delete and reinstall digital games all the time, it's not a massive hassle.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

RedXIV wrote: »
    You could swap the drive? and then you'd be ready to go? Or once you log in again you can download them all again without issue (unless it's weird cases like the PT demo)

Doesn’t the PS4 initialise a new drive? You can connect them up via Ethernet and transfer the information

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

whiterebel wrote: »
    Doesn’t the PS4 initialise a new drive? You can connect them up via Ethernet and transfer the information

Sorry, I thought I read it was a 2TB external drive which would be fine according to this anyway.

Internal drive is different, yes

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Still lost here.

I hear I have to make one my primary account which means the kids won't be able to access my games on the second machine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Still lost here.

I hear I have to make one my primary account which means the kids won't be able to access my games on the second machine.

Whichever console the kids will use, make that one the primary one.
    Your kids will have access to all your games then.

EDIT: It's not a primary account, one of the consoles will be your primary.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Still lost here.

https://youtu.be/LoIOifDL1vM
    Lots of videos on youtube showing how it’s done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭ffocused

OP, i have the exact setup you are describing and here is how it works

My primary PS4 is in the kids bedroom and all downloaded games will work on all accounts.

My second PS4 is in the living room and my downloaded games and PS+ will only work with my profile on this one.
    The only games the kids can play on the second PS4 are on disc, and PS+ features will not work for them.

Advertisement