Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

BDI wrote: »
    He beat Chelsea twice as far as I can recall his results against top teams is quite good.

First game of the season was a fluke, iirc the woodwork saved us at least once before we scored, we also havnt scored as many since so its clearly the exception to the rule.

A 2-1 win in the 5th round of the bottom tier competition isn't exactly champagne stuff either.

Plus Lampard.

Plus chelsea lost their best player in the summer.

/shrug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We’re 10th in the table but we beat Chelsea twice

tenor.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

First game of the season was a fluke, iirc the woodwork saved us at least once before we scored, we also havnt scored as many since so its clearly the exception to the rule.

A 2-1 win in the 5th round of the bottom tier competition isn't exactly champagne stuff either.

Plus Lampard.

Plus chelsea lost their best player in the summer.

/shrug

Yes so saying we only beat shoite teams would be horseshoite would it not?

We’re 10th in the table but we beat Chelsea twice

tenor.gif

5th if we win tomorrow. It’s only November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He is clearing the mess he was given. It is a process. He needed all underminers removed. He needs control of that dressing room. It’s going to be a rough year but we have had a pile of managers now bloating the squad with players like Shaw, Rojo, Schneiderlinn, Bailey, Darmian, piles and piles of players that just filled up the place,making the squad look like a mismatched bargain basket where assorted crap would be tossed in at a local shop.

Ole is the real rain that has come down to clean the streets, just like in taxi driver.

I was gonna respond again but the last paragraph shows me it's a parody account :) so no need, keep up the good work dude.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,627 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I was gonna respond again but the last paragraph shows me it's a parody account :) so no need, keep up the good work dude.

He's bate-ing us

man

A joke can be adddd to a serious conversation to make it fun. Just because one part is a joke doesn’t mean it all is. Whose opinion you value is however your decision.

Headshot wrote: »
    He's bate-ing us

man

If anybody was being suspected I’d suspect people who pretend to be fans of the club but never have anything good to say about it. Mad how somebody who actually supports the club is spoken about as if he is some sort of super wind up merchant while other people sit around the whole time hoping the manager is sacked and replaced by a fella who was sacked by spurs.

What’s Sven doing, is he still with Ulrika?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Obvious for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,627 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If anybody was being suspected I’d suspect people who pretend to be fans of the club but never have anything good to say about it. Mad how somebody who actually supports the club is spoken about as if he is some sort of super wind up merchant while other people sit around the whole time hoping the manager is sacked and replaced by a fella who was sacked by spurs.

It's funny for a supposed new poster, you know well who I was talking about.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    It's funny for a supposed new poster, you know well who I was talking about.

I have read this forum for years. I could report that you are calling me a re reg if I was playing some sort of wind up game where I wind people up to break the charter then report them which I think you are accusing me of but I don’t want any part of that messing, I just want to support the manager. I’m not playing any of your games lads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I just want to support the manager.

Cool.

I want to support the club, the entirety of Man United, not just the manager. And supporting United means that when I see a manager is dragging things down, I'll call him on it.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Cool.

I want to support the club, the entirety of Man United, not just the manager. And supporting United means that when I see a manager is dragging things down, I'll call him on it.

Dragging the team down like Moyes, Van Gaal, Jose, Giggs? He has a team of school kids and they are starting to look confident. The fans beating down the manager when things are turning isn’t going to help. The fans making a decision on a manager and refusing to contemplate that the manager might be turning things around won’t help the club. Signing Zlatan again won’t help the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Forum is a ****ing mess

Obvious accounts on an obvious wind up of us as fans

Private messages from arseholes saying no sign of plastic Fairweather fans and a message in it saying simply

"YWNA"

AN OBVIOUSLY DISLEXIC POOL FAN

Look lads tough year but I'm not putting up with this ****e anymore

Absolutely toxic fans and no sign of anything being done

Supporting the club and not having issue with the gaping, blatantly obvious shortcomings of the manager are not mutually exclusive, sir.

In fact I'd go so far as saying that those that are happy to see Ole stay on are completely and utterly misguided by a sense of loyalty to a club legend.

Surely IP checks need to be done at this stage and outright site bans put in place

OLE should be judged solely for his managerial skills and comings or goings

He will still be a legend if the club sack him

Surely IP checks need to be done at this stage and outright site bans put in place

Just because somebody has a different opinion to you doesn’t mean they must be monsters or conspirators or they should be banned.

Can you not see the need to let people have differing opinions? I’d say the mods have checked my ips countless times. Rediculous and I’d say a great laugh a rival reading this where the consensus is, a fella is a troll If he supports the team.

People here would be disgusted if ole won the premier league because he would get another year as manager.
    We played the best football we have played all year in the last week or two and if you post anything other than wanting the manager sacked you get called a re reg troll.

Ole was hired to keep supporters on side when he trimmed the fat and created space in the budget for players who want to play for the club. People are hoping Sheffield United toast is so Ole will get sacked and we can hire a guy who just ran spurs into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm more or less done with the forum after I got a yellow for saying Liverpool should be ashamed for threatening to pull out of the League Cup and someone bit at it. A United fan saying another club should be ashamed for pulling out of a domestic cup? Is sarcasm completely fùcking lost on ye?

Modding is a joke. I honestly don't know why people even want to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

adox wrote: »
    Obvious for a long time.

Is it? I don't pay very close attention to the forum anymore so hadn't noticed. :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Woodward has one last chance to redeem himself: he needs to get Pochettino signed up now. **** Ole: nice lad, but not up to the job. Never was. We're ****, and we need a coach with a vision now. Ungrateful Spurs/Levy didn't back Poch financially, and wasted his talent in the past couple of years. Utd have money to throw around, so Poch would be excited to come here, and build us up again. He's young and if he does well he could be here a long time. If Woodward doesn't realise the opportunity that is there now with Poch, he is a total imbecile and not fit for purpose. Let Mourinho do his usual nonsense with Spurs, and we'll probably get Kane, Erikkson and any other tidy player off them if we have Poch here.

Get it done Woodward, you absolute muppet. Don't hesitate on this :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Why delete your post, Weepsie? You were right. It was a harmless gif I actually got the card for.

Doesn't change the fact that this faux-power mods have make some of their heads disappear up their own hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Just because somebody has a different opinion to you doesn’t mean they must be monsters or conspirators or they should be banned.

Can you not see the need to let people have differing opinions? I’d say the mods have checked my ips countless times. Rediculous and I’d say a great laugh a rival reading this where the consensus is, a fella is a troll If he supports the team.

People here would be disgusted if ole won the premier league because he would get another year as manager.
    We played the best football we have played all year in the last week or two and if you post anything other than wanting the manager sacked you get called a re reg troll.

Ole was hired to keep supporters on side when he trimmed the fat and created space in the budget for players who want to play for the club. People are hoping Sheffield United toast is so Ole will get sacked and we can hire a guy who just ran spurs into the ground.

Ole isnt even in the job a year, he started off with 12/13 games unbeaten and you think we are only now seeing the "best" football?
    He/players regressed something serious since he got the job full-time. Not so long ago we drew a game with zero shots on target and Ole was saying we played well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭billyhead

It would be great if there was a gentleman's agreement with Poch to take over. Ole is out of his depth at United.Lose tomorrow and I would Ole should resign by mutual consent. The longer we keep him in the job without an agreement with Poch to get the job the bigger risk he will take the Bayern job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Liam O wrote: »
    I don't know man, what happens next season when Poch has United let's say 14th after 12 games? Is he still going to satisfy the impatient United fans that were spoilt for too long to have any faith that these things take time.

Here is the only question that matters. Is Solskjaer doing a good job?

Here is the only question that matters. Is Solskjaer doing a good job?

Football was great last week. Players who weren’t on international duty headed off to do extra warm weather training. Attitudes seem good. Players are looking to play for each other rather than themselves.

What would poch change? Supposedly he had a falling out with all these players people think he is going to sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

What would poch change?

His username?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭garra

Just having a quick look in here and it seems you lads have a nuisance infiltrator poster, similar to one in LFC thread for the past few months. You would have to wonder what kind of lives these people live, getting their kicks from pseudo fandom back slapping and waiting for a moment to pull the rug from those they engage with on a purely superficial level. Oddballs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

I don't think sacking Ole and getting in Poch would make much of a difference. The problem is elsewhere.

For what it's worth I don't think Ole on the pitch is doing a good job but I do like what he is doing off the pitch. He knows what kind of players he wants and how he wants to play and now he needs to transmit that to the players.

Yes we are very light in some positions and yes he has to shoulder some of the blame for that. I think that that is his inexperience showing but I imagine that he is learning and I am willing to give him some time. Sacking him and getting in Poch would just have us in the same place with a different manager imo. I rate Poch but not enough to sack Ole.

We are looking down the barrel of a 4 or 5 year rebuilding during which time I think we will win very little. I'm willing to give a manager time because if we keep switching, that 5 years is going to keep resetting. That's not to say that I think we will win everything after 5 years, maybe more like where Liverpool were a few years ago with some promise and close calls for decent silverware.

• Advertisement

Another pm from the trolls

Site is an absolute joke at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Forum is a ****ing mess

Obvious accounts on an obvious wind up of us as fans

Private messages from arseholes saying no sign of plastic Fairweather fans and a message in it saying simply

"YWNA"

AN OBVIOUSLY DISLEXIC POOL FAN

Look lads tough year but I'm not putting up with this ****e anymore

Absolutely toxic fans and no sign of anything being done

771b99785a6a114ceaa913fcd3cea179.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,137 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lol look who pops back up offended when the PM's restart and the "mystery" PM'er gets mocked this despite not being "regular" in soccer of course ;).

pjohnson wrote: »
    Lol look who pops back when the PM's restart despite not being "regular"

What are you insinuating?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    What are you insinuating?

What is your buzz with commenting on people recieving sh!t PM's?

What is your buzz with commenting on people recieving sh!t PM's?

What are you talking about?

• Advertisement

What are you talking about?

Exactly what I posted!

Exactly what I posted!

Nonsense

Weirdest thread I’ve ever read, don’t even know what is going on anymore.

Nonsense

Sums up your posting in this thread pretty well.

Ditto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

No point in adding fuel to the fire.

Ole has gone from "the United way" and hammering everyone to saying we have to be at our best against a Newcastle team in the relegation zone, the man exudes confidence. Dont get me started on his Norwich comments.

Hes out of his depth, simple as.

Ditto

Iirc this is the third time a poster has commented on recieving sh!t PM's and you've entered into the discussion with your "get over it" type of attitude it's the internet.
    Why you're bothered about others being bothered about receiving sh!t PM's is amusing.

I'm actually embarrassed for the lads making accounts up to pm some here

Absolutely pathetic from those fans

You may well win the league this year but no class let's be clear on that

We are 5 points worse off than we were after 12 games under Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Name and shame, thats bad form altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

We've got our own (possibly the same) troll accounts.. i just put them on ignore and report the pm's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

I'd be more embarrassed getting so worked up about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,557 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

We are 5 points worse off than we were after 12 games under Moyes.

Well that should get the thread back on track..

Hoping for a win today, this Sheff Utd team is a well oiled machine and they dont give up many chances, we barely create anything so could be an absolute snooze fest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

What if ole stepped down ( paid off a bit) and was given the dof role ( his signings this summer have been the best in a long time) and we signed poch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Hococop wrote: »
    What if ole stepped down ( paid off a bit) and was given the dof role ( his signings this summer have been the best in a long time) and we signed poch?

Wasnt bissaka and maguire on the cards anyway before ole came in? Credit to him for the james signing, has been very good for us so far, a real threat of a player.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement