Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

pjohnson wrote: »
    Why would they count Matic?

They don't, it is just that Shaw looks like two players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

A united manager with a 38% win percentage after 21 games yet some can’t see the reason for all the negativity

And that is why they are part of the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lingard. When will the excuses end. Just not cutting it

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Disagree strongly on Maguire. Playing beside a weak centre half and a positionally terrible left full. Has made very few mistakes saved other players bacon numerous times. He’d look like a rolls Royce in a Liverpool or City team.

Won’t happen, but I’d love to see Poch get his hands on this team. I think Olè has done a decent job myself but I’d like him to go.

I disagree with you.

He's often out of position himself. He gets dragged around too easily by opposition forwards
    Sometimes it leaves his defenders covering gaps and getting exposed themselves.

Finger doesn't get pointed at him though as he's England's centrehalf and above criticism for some.

When he does the absolute most basic thing he gets praise from all around.

He's not that good, never has been, never will. Sure he'd be way better in city or Liverpool's team, bit so would lindeloff. Anyone would improve beside Van Dijk or Laporte, but they're proper defensive leaders. Maguire is a semi decent premier league defender. They've paid about 40-50 million more than he his footballing worth though

Leicesters defence has improved without him. Now not merely down to him, but it shows again a little that he's not the great defense leader that's being clamoured

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Absolute dross and completely foreseeable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Liam O wrote: »
    Funny it doesn't really improve when Mata or Pereira are there then...

Both equally ineffective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,635 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

fecking diving, he should be booked for that. Hate seeing that from any player including utd ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

That's a peno..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Lingard. When will the excuses end. Just not cutting it

And there’s talk of him getting offered a contract extension. This club is a joke

And there’s talk of him getting offered a contract extension. This club is a joke

I know I mean what hope have we got if that's what considered the Stsndard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Matic is doing something. I can see Greenwood scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The state of the fùcking bench. Three stooges with hands in pockets and chief clown out in the technical area looking confused as fùck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Ole has big support in the stadium and online. This forum is one of the more negative

Yep the likes of r/reddevils is full of delusion while there's depressing reality in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

ElChe32 wrote: »
    That's a peno..

That’s a dive, if you can’t see that I suggest a trip to spec savers

If utd get 1, this Arsenal team might collapse

Greenwood done more in 5 minutes then some entire season

When you're making David Luiz look like peak Maldini then something is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

He's a good commercial fit for the club. If he gets a new contract it will not be based on football merit.

Remember, we are a business first and foremost. A football club just happens to be our front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,148 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

A united manager with a 38% win percentage after 21 games yet some can’t see the reason for all the negativity

And that is why they are part of the problem
    post-38447-everything-is-awesome-gif-lego-GdJw.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Greenwood done more in 5 minutes then some entire season

Arguably one of the best players this season.

Yes he's young but he needs to play/start more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

beno619 wrote: »
    Yep the likes of r/reddevils is full of delusion while there's depressing reality in here.

I'm convinced that place has stockholm syndrome.

I was called a sad **** for saying "does the result against Watford and Everton not prove we've not turned a corner?"

Then a 3 day ban for telling your man to **** off. :rolleyes:

I used to feel bad for Shaw.

Now I just don't want to see him in the team.

Young might actually be better. Yep, I said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

r/RedDevils is full of tedious karmawhores that go into other teams' subreddits with white flags waving after games full of "United fan coming in peace fellows - jee whiz you guys sure were impressive today, you've got a dilly of a team there so you do, best of luck!".

Cretinous morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

pjohnson wrote: »
    Why would they count Matic?

Matic has done fine considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yeah, this is reality and balanced alright

Getting spanked to this Arsenal team...

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

DM_7 wrote: »
    I used to feel bad for Shaw.

Now I just don't want to see him in the team.

Young might actually be better. Yep, I said it.

Shaw offers nothing, he's slow and ponderous on the ball. Williams should be given the regular left back spot.

Another utd sub that was far to late.......

Yeah, this is reality and balanced alright

Sorry we should be happy.

Ehm........

At least its not 3 woohoo
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Weepsie wrote: »
    I disagree with you.

He's often out of position himself. He gets dragged around too easily by opposition forwards

Finger doesn't get pointed at him though as he's England's centrehalf and above criticism for some.

He's not that good, never has been, never will. Sure he'd be way better in city or Liverpool's team, bit so would lindeloff. Anyone would improve beside Van Dijk or Laporte, but they're proper defensive leaders. Maguire is a semi decent premier league defender. They've paid about 40-50 million more than he his footballing worth though

Leicesters defence has improved without him. Now not merely down to him, but it shows again a little that he's not the great defense leader that's being clamoured

It’s funny how people see things differently I suppose. I’d rate his positioning as one of his biggest strengths. He’s constantly worried about centre forwards pulling onto Lindelof as they know they’ll get change out of them. Then he has Shaw on the opposite side who constantly is out of position.

That Leicester point is extremely lazy. He’s a better centre half than either of their two and I don’t think that’s debatable. It’s the system that matters most. Uniteds is very much a work in progress and we are carrying players in key positions.

What does drive me mental is his positioning for attacking set pieces. This hanging at the back post. Get in the mixer and whip the ball in. We offer zero threat from set pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Arsenal fans shouldn't worry even if they go down to 9 or 10 we still wouldn't be good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Weepsie wrote: »
    I disagree with you.

He's really not though. He often has to cover the left back position, especially tonight as Shaw is all at sea. It also doesn't help when your centre half partner has no positional sense and can't win a header. Lindelof was all over the place in that first half, yet Maguire gets the stick. Lindelof has no business pushing out for that first goal as there was no pressure on the ball.

I would much rather see Williams and Tunz play in the back 4 being honest.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Honestly,did anyone really expect anything other than this?
    Every time we are handed an opportunity to make ground in the league this team lets us down.

Can anyone remember utd actually making Leno work? I can't remember for the life of me utd making the Arsenal defense and Goalie really work for the 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Hopefully this spurs a few signings in this window.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Can anyone remember utd actually making Leno work? I can't remember for the life of me utd making the Arsenal defense and Goalie really work for the 3 points

2 shots straight at him from 20 yards and catching practice. He's worked harder in training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

nullzero wrote: »

Pochettino would be a good one to start with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

I wonder is there a clause in Oles contract re not getting top 4 being an automatic contract termination. Probably not but that is about the only chance I see of him getting booted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,583 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Ole needs to go...

tumblr_pk6894Zx2w1qg946so1_250.gifv

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Turned it off, seen enough of this same dire crap this season.

We're not getting into top 4 with this side. Especially with that midfield and the consistent errors of our defence and even goalkeeper nowadays.

• Advertisement

Getting rid of the manager is just the start of a urgent process that will need some cleaning out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Headshot wrote: »

No, we’ve been beyond terrible. Rashford looks like he’s carrying sand bags on his back.

Zero creativity in that midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

People are too focused on the league table, it doesn’t matter what Chelsea or Spurs or Arsenal are doing, we’ve got 8 wins in 21 games. Look at the results and the performances each week, if Ole got top 4 on 58 points I’d still want him thrown out the door because that is a disgraceful points total.

Other teams being shít doesn’t give Ole a pass, there’s zero progress here.

If we sack Ole now we will just shît around for the whole month doing no transfer business and appointing someone who wants to "see what the players here are like"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Mad how our whole team has never heard of the existence of the front post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

We beat Burnley though so everything is fine.

No, we’ve been beyond terrible. Rashford looks like he’s carrying sand bags on his back.

Zero creativity in that midfield.

Rashford is likely wrecked from amount of games he has had to play this season tbf to him. I think he actually has a good reason to be below his best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

nullzero wrote: »

Even with new signings you need a plan and strategy for the team ,Ole I fear has none of these

David Luiz getting MOTM

my god the world is coming to the end or utd are just that terrible

Arsenal, mentally weak,flaky under pressure,lazy players,a soft touch.

Manchester United,hold my beer.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement