Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Can't beat teams like Villa, Sheffield United, Astana, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Rochdale, West Ham, Southhamption, Palace or Wolves, so it shouldn't really matter what happens against the likes of Spurs or City.

If a City defeat is what it takes to push Woodward to action then it is clear he doesn't know what he is looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

I see ole breaking out the oul emotions defence, standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Can't beat teams like Villa, Sheffield United, Astana, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Rochdale, West Ham, Southhamption, Palace or Wolves, so it shouldn't really matter what happens against the likes of Spurs or City.

If a City defeat is what it takes to push Woodward to action then it is clear he doesn't know what he is looking at.

fook, that doesnt make good reading :eek:

surprised he hasnt stepped down himself. if he loves the club as much as he does, he surely can see how much harm he is doing it. if he doesnt leave he could very easily set utd back years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Ole will be gone by Monday week I think

New manager bounce at Spurs and especially with it being Jose, I can't see a United win. Maybe a draw.

Can't see anything but a City win next week

No he won`t. Ole will be at Old Trafford till at least the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I'm okay with admitting I'm a bit of a fan boy of your posts! Always on point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

No he won`t. Ole will be at Old Trafford till at least the end of the season.

Didn't know that, who told you?

Before the recent Brighton game, Ole said that McTominay got a knock in the previous game against Partizan but that "we'll play him and see how long he lasts". Well, against Brighton (BRIGHTON!!!) McTominay was not only played, but left on the pitch until he picked up another injury in the 96th minute. McTominay has been out injured since then and our midfield has been in an even worse state in his absence.

Ole went into that Brighton game knowing and acknowledging that McTominay needed to be watched and dare I say...managed. However, when we were winning 3-1 and comfortable against Brighton, at 70 minutes Ole choose to sub Lingard in for Pereira as his first change of the game. Next was Rojo on for Williams at 91 minutes. McTominay would have been left on until the final whistle but for picking up that last minute injury.

It's mistakes like this which contributes to a myriad of reasons why, although he isn't the only problem at the club, Ole is plenty culpable for the current state of affairs with our football and results. Also, even though he couldn't do much to keep Herrera or Fellaini at the club, given the above with McTominay Ole has blame to take for the state of our midfield.

As for Carrick and McKenna, the 'Yes Man's Yes Men', I have no earthly idea what they are doing there, that's under two different managers now. The players are finding it hard to string a series of passes together at home against Villa, what kind of coaching are they receiving from these unproven coaches? In two consecutive games, they can't fashion a win against newly promoted Championship sides.

We have 4 wins in 14 games so far this season, following 2 wins in the final 9 games of last season. That makes for 6 wins in the 23 league games since Ole was made permanent manager last March. That is a disgraceful record for a (former) Top 6 club, let alone for Manchester United. We began this decade as league powerhouses, European contenders and recent champions, we limp out of it a shadow of our former selves with many unproven candidates at all of the wrong wheels, from Ole right up to Woodward.

No matter what assurances Ole is getting from Woodward though, surely he isn't stupid. Ole has to be looking south at the London clubs who recently cut ties with bona fide managers following similar results, knowing that his own time is surely coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

The league table position should be the biggest concern, what is he on about!! :confused: We're in 9th below bloody Sheffield and Wolves! Either he doesn't realise how bad of a state we are in or is simply too ignorant to accept it.

This type of deluded nonsense isn't helping the OleOut campaign that seems to be growing in strength after every game. Don't know why he would even say that, literally not helping his case at all but I'm sure the board won't think anything of it.

Top 4 is already gone in my opinion and who knows, maybe next week top 6 will be gone too. It's not as tight as Ole thinks it is if you look at the upcoming fixtures. But the league table doesn't matter according to Ole so we're grand.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I really want Ole to work out. But the fact is that Poch is leagues ahead of him while sharing similar footballing philosophies. He could do the same job off the pitch and a far better job on it.

We have been so tactically naive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Didn't know that, who told you?

Because, as has been posted by others already, he is a yes man who diverts the flak away from Woodward and the Glazers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Because, as has been posted by others already, he is a yes man who diverts the flak away from Woodward and the Glazers.

I don't disagree but results, performance and everything else have gone pear shaped.

There is mounting pressure on Ole as Glazers/Woodward will want United to be in top 4 for commercial reasons, that is not going to happen at this rate.

Certainly not if they lose to Spurs (who were in a similar position) and to city rivals.

Very surprised if he's still in the job in 7/8 days time if we have poor results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jones getting a new deal is unforgivable. I just want to hear from someone in power and their reasoning for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭KH25

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I really want Ole to work out. But the fact is that Poch is leagues ahead of him while sharing similar footballing philosophies. He could do the same job off the pitch and a far better job on it.

This is what kills me. Not the results themselves, but the fact that the team looks lost with no semblance of a game plan. For the life of me I can’t make out any kind of tactical plan outside of hoping we can counter with the pace of James and Rashford.
    Even when the team is getting overrun ole can’t seem to make an attempt to fix it. It’s infuriating.

xtal191 wrote: »

and another of his tweets...

I’d hope that #MUFC fans are more intelligent to know that this problem runs far, far deeper than José Mourinho. If Mourinho does go, which feels inevitable, expect a few decent performances early on and #MUFC to be in a worse position than ever after the ‘revival’.

KH25 wrote: »
    This is what kills me. Not the results themselves, but the fact that the team looks lost with no semblance of a game plan. For the life of me I can’t make out any kind of tactical plan outside of hoping we can counter with the pace of James and Rashford.
    Even when the team is getting overrun ole can’t seem to make an attempt to fix it. It’s infuriating.

and not having runners into the box when james is breaking up the wing. that gotta be down to ole

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As for Carrick and McKenna, the 'Yes Man's Yes Men', I have no earthly idea what they are doing there, that's under two different managers now. The players are finding it hard to string a series of passes together at home against Villa, what kind of coaching are they receiving from these unproven coaches? In two consecutive games, they can't fashion a win against newly promoted Championship sides.

Carrick and McKenna both came in during the summer after we came second, iirc, right as everything took a massive nosedive.

Under two different managers, one "negative" and one "offensive", the team has looked dire with them facilitating coaching.

If Ole goes, whoever comes in needs to refresh the coaching team too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It was a fairytale appointment that should have never happened, the fans are turning on Ole now, which I predicted, but it’s not nice to see.

Every fan should be aware by now that sacking Ole will do nothing for this season, the squad is in a disastrous state and we will finish 7th or below regardless of who the manager is now, with that being said just because things won’t change in the short term doesn’t mean we stick with a Norwegian PE teacher in charge of what should be the biggest fcuking club in the world.

Forgetting everything else, sacking two managers almost straight after giving them 3 year deals is a major **** up from Woody and his head deserves to roll. Will it? Absolutely not.

A packed OT observed that dross today, unfortunately there will need to be protests to get Woody out of the job, hostility directed at Woody and the Glazers but if it hasn’t happened yet I don’t know where the straw to break the camel will come from.

I originally said they’d just leave him in this season but I’m starting to think Poch will be in the job in the next two weeks, is it a good move? I don’t know, he will need to be given 2-3 years and funds, but I think Spurs might have done better out of the Jose-Poch swap, as usual with them.

It’s hard to believe that we will be in “transition” for another two years minimum, but that’s just what happens when you have people leaching from the club for over a decade. I think they are trying to sell up now before shít really hits the fan and revenue starts to take a hit, they’ll walk away with a cool 4 billion from ruining one of the most successful clubs in the world and I’m sure Woody will be well compensated too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Carrick and McKenna both came in during the summer after we came second, iirc, right as everything took a massive nosedive.

Under two different managers, one "negative" and one "offensive", the team has looked dire with them facilitating coaching.

If Ole goes, whoever comes in needs to refresh the coaching team too.

Moyes biggest mistake, getting rid of the backroom staff for his own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,785 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

FutureGuy wrote: »

Leagues ahead and available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It wasn't noticeable on TV but I know someone who was at the game and he said there were thousands of empty seats around the ground. Something that might be seen at a dead rubber Europa League game against FC Sheep Herders but not in a league game on a Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I hope I wake up in the morning and find he's gone.....

Ole is one of my favorite players and just a genuine nice guy but enough is a enough at this stage, something has to give....

I feel so sorry for him because his bosses dont have a ****ing clue what they are doing and he shouldnt of been given the job in the first place

Please go for Poch before it's to late, at least try to save the season....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Remember sitting down to watch the 9 o clock headlines last year and seeing the news of Jose's sacking breaking live on Sky.

Would be hoping to re-create that tomorrow at 9....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

It wasn't noticeable on TV but I know someone who was at the game and he said there were thousands of empty seats around the ground. Something that might be seen at a dead rubber Europa League game against FC Sheep Herders but not in a league game on a Sunday afternoon.

I remember towards the end of the match on TV it showed the attendance was 73,000 or so, and yesterday I just happened to check if tickets were left for the match on the site and it said they were all sold out. Definitely noticed a massive amount of people who had left even at 2-2 which you'd normally not see at OT as we chase the winner.

• If the match was sold out then the Glazers won't give a **** unless the actual seats are empty

Arsenal done what needed to be done

A half full stadium

He wont be sacked, they'll prob raise them game and get 4 points against Spurs and City and then go another awful, rinse and repeat until the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I remember towards the end of the match on TV it showed the attendance was 73,000 or so, and yesterday I just happened to check if tickets were left for the match on the site and it said they were all sold out. Definitely noticed a massive amount of people who had left even at 2-2 which you'd normally not see at OT as we chase the winner.

There's a huge amount of season ticket holders, they'd be counted in the attendance even if they didn't go to the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

Moyes biggest mistake, getting rid of the backroom staff for his own.

100% agree, look at what the club won with René Meulensteen, pretty much everything. Only to be moved on when Moyes took over. Insanity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement