Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-12-2016, 15:46   #1
eeloe

DJI Mavic Pro

Can't find a dedicated "drone" forum on boards, so i figured here might be the best bet!

I'm looking for info on stock, if anyone has an insight, any place i've called has just said "we're the only official DJI dealer in Ireland, so i suggest you drop a deposit with us"

I don't wanna put a deposit with anyone, incase it comes in stock anywhere else.

I know i'm not the only person patiently(impatiently) waiting for one of these?
Advertisement
06-12-2016, 17:53   #2
bogman

Apple will be stocking them, same price as anyone else "in this country" wouldn't be in a rush, will probably be mid January before they are widely available.
07-12-2016, 10:25   #3
ftse100

I ordered mine from DJI on October 8th and received it last Friday. It's an unbelievable piece of kit. I would suggest getting the Fly More Combo or at least addition batteries.
07-12-2016, 11:46   #4
eeloe

Dont wanna go the pay now and not get for up to 2 months route, would prefer to just grab one when they are in stock instead of holding up funds with one supplier when another might have one in stock in a few weeks.

100% going to be getting the fly more combo, that's for sure.
09-01-2017, 17:56   #5
TireeTerror

I just spoke on live chat service on DJI site and they say they have stock of the Mavic. It takes 7-10 working days for payment to be confirmed, then it will be shipped and it would take roughly 3-5 days from then to delivery.

Does this sound right? 7-10 working days to confirm payment?
Advertisement
09-01-2017, 17:58   #6
OSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TireeTerror View Post
I just spoke on live chat service on DJI site and they say they have stock of the Mavic. It takes 7-10 working days for payment to be confirmed, then it will be shipped and it would take roughly 3-5 days from then to delivery.

Does this sound right? 7-10 working days to confirm payment?
Unless you're sending a cheque or bank transfer that sounds like bollocks.
09-01-2017, 19:45   #7
TireeTerror

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSI View Post
Unless you're sending a cheque or bank transfer that sounds like bollocks.
Thats what I thought, I said in the chat "Why does it take so long to confirm payment? It should be confirmed straight away as Im using a debit card. This sounds like you dont have stock and are trying to get the cash in as soon as possible" and she replied "Its company policy".

So I thanked her for her time and said Im not going to be lied to.
09-01-2017, 22:16   #8
ftse100

Quote:
Thats what I thought, I said in the chat "Why does it take so long to confirm payment? It should be confirmed straight away as Im using a debit card. This sounds like you dont have stock and are trying to get the cash in as soon as possible" and she replied "Its company policy".

So I thanked her for her time and said Im not going to be lied to.
I ordered my Mavic on Oct 9th and Payment was confirmed straight away. Got the drone Dec 2nd or so.. Delays surely must have eased by now anyways.
11-01-2017, 00:16   #9
ozmo

Probably a bad thing to post publicly any favorite spots to fly drones - for fear of them become too popular at that spot...

But If any Mavic or Phantom owners want to PM me we could discuss any good sites tips etc.
Possibly even meet up some Saturday in Dublin somewhere to fly them.
Advertisement
11-01-2017, 01:32   #10
eeloe

I managed to pick up two Christmas week from Maplin
11-01-2017, 01:33   #11
TireeTerror

I just went and ordered it with the fly more thing and also an extra additional battery so that I have 3 of them.
11-01-2017, 02:40   #12
ozmo

Quote:
also an extra additional battery so that I have 3 of them.
The fly more already includes 3 batteries... so you will have 4 with that order.

Few other nice bits in the kit also - like the car charger that can recharge faster than the wall socket - and the nifty thing to recharge the controller from the battery - bag is nice too.
11-01-2017, 13:27   #13
eeloe

Yeah the fly more combo is 100% worth every penny extra, basically for the price of two extra batteries you're getting 500worth of gear!

i LOVE the bag, i just wish it was about 10% bigger, it can be a little tight.
Thanks from:
11-01-2017, 14:23   #14
TireeTerror

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmo View Post
The fly more already includes 3 batteries... so you will have 4 with that order.

Few other nice bits in the kit also - like the car charger that can recharge faster than the wall socket - and the nifty thing to recharge the controller from the battery - bag is nice too.
The car charger is faster than the wall socket? How on earth does that work?

Oh cool now I have 4 batteries. Its €300 extra for the combo pack, so its the price of 3 batteries, not 2.

Really looking forward to getting it. Ive thought about a drone ever since they first came out but held back for many reasons. This will be the first time Ive ever actually touched a drone, so its going to be so exciting when the postman arrives. Lets hope I dont smash it within 20 seconds like I did 10 years ago when I bought an RC plane!
11-01-2017, 15:20   #15
wheresmyphone

Which branch of Maplins did you pick them up from eeloe?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion