Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to wear for an interview

Options
  • 19-05-2019 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi Everyone,

Following on from my previous post......I now have an interview!!
    Looking for advice on what to wear?
    Do I buy a suit? No idea.
    Or a dress?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Male or female?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

What is the interview for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

A suit. Either a dress with a jacket or a trouser suit, whatever you are more comfortable with. You can’t go wrong. If you go more casual you will second guess yourself and focus on something less important than what you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Get a suit.

Every interview I've ever gone for, I've worn a suit. Currently working as a delivery driver, turned up in a suit, met another interviewee on his way out and he had Jean's and a shirt (he looked smart tbf but could have been heading for a night on the town dressed like he was also). First thing the HR guy said to me was "you're very well attired for a drivers job". I got offered the job after the interview.

Found out after the other guy had a few years experience working for an internationally recognised courier service. I had less than 1 year experience working for a small operation. IMHO the suit made the difference..

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Suit. Tie. Good shoes.

Nothing shiny, bouncy, or distracting that takes the panels focus away from you.

Edit: and good luck! :D

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 taking the leap

Male or female?

Gosh sorry....female post primary school teacher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Just kidding... cos you mentioned dress already. But ya never know :pac:

Anyhow, I think it depends on the school and the principal. I know one school where the principal insists that men wear a tie and brush up (to the point of stopping them in the corridor and reprimanding them like a student with piercings .... but by all accounts the staff like him and that's just one of his foibles ).
    Best way is to see what the teachers look like coming and going in the car park if possible , then sharpen it a bit more. Or see if there's any photos of teachers on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Avoid the magpie effect where jewelry can be distracting the interview panel.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Advertisement