Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how would you pronounce this name?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

have to say, I just see anus (had to really think about how to phrase that :) ) sorry but as an Irish person thats what I am seeing..

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

I don't see anus - but what us grown-up's see in a name is not what kids might see.

Look, if a kid is going to get slagged they'll get slagged. Whether it's their name or their glasses or their hair colour. And if a kid really wants to nickname your child they will find something - anything- for it to be their nickname.

I've literally not long finished reading a rather hilarious facebook thread of nicknames and some are genius, funny or a bit mean depending on your point of view. One guy got a nickname because he got sick at sports training one single time. There's kids that got nicknamed because their dad had a nickname or their older brother's had nicknames and they got a diminutive of the name.

Advertisement