Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saniflow keeps getting blocked

Options
  • 10-05-2019 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi from a householder amateur plumber !

I have a saniflow plus for over 5 years. For the last 2 years it "gets blocked" about every 6 months. I then call a guy to fix it. I am aware of what should not be put in saniflow etc.

For the first time - I decided to open it up and investigate. I removed POWER source. Then I did a wet hoover and cleaned up a bit.

It appears that the toilet soil pipe does NOT go into the macerator directly - there is a 2cm gap between inner wall of saniflow and the center of unit (with the blade).

Also, see attached photos. I found these "spare parts" at the back of the saniflow on the floor - out of site. God knows how long they have been there!

QUESTION 1: Should the waste pipe from the toilet be a sealed join into the centre of the saniflow (the macerating bit!) ?
    The waste pipe from the toilet IS sealed as far as the outer wall of the Saniflow but NOT into the Saniflow itself.

QUESTION 2: See link photo https://www.screencast.com/t/7gCwcaRyLgU

I am wondering should these be inside the saniflow rather than lying on the ground behind the unit. Or are they just waste lying around untidy.

Advertisement