Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Broadband

Options
  • 20-04-2019 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi Folks

I have eir phone and broadband atm...the broadband can be a bit hit and miss at times...I was thinking of switching to vodafone,the online speed checker says I can get speeds "up to" 90mbps...

Just wondering how do people find the speeds from Vodafone compared to Eir given they are using Eirs old lines I think...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

celticsfan wrote: »
    Hi Folks

I have eir phone and broadband atm...the broadband can be a bit hit and miss at times...I was thinking of switching to vodafone,the online speed checker says I can get speeds "up to" 90mbps...

Just wondering how do people find the speeds from Vodafone compared to Eir given they are using Eirs old lines I think...

Anything using the eir lines will have the exact same problem....doesn’t matter what Vodafone/sky or any of them say

I would check on comreg, see the mobile tower near you.....then get a sim and do a test on speed

I can stream 3 TVs using Vodafone mobile broadband because the eir lines are muck around here....my family done a similar swap in countryside and suddenly they could use Netflix etc

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

We are getting around 60mbps consistently with Eir atm...its not so much a speed issue as the reason Im thinking of changing...just the connection has went down for a few days lately and the customer service from Eir is worse than poor...

I download large files for work so still need a decent speed,plus the fact that vodafone on paper seems much better value too...

I'm actually quite close to the local cabinet in the town so get decent speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

It depends on where you're located I know a number of areas around carlow town have had fibre cable ran in and providers can allegedly reach 1000mb/s although I've yet to see this. In reality anything over 300mb/s would be way more than anyone needs unless they're running a streaming service.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭1997

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    It depends on where you're located I know a number of areas around carlow town have had fibre cable ran in and providers can allegedly reach 1000mb/s although I've yet to see this. In reality anything over 300mb/s would be way more than anyone needs unless they're running a streaming service.
    Just wondering if you had any luck changing providers..with Eir 13yrs and theyre diabolical atm,dropping out every few mins,desperately need to change,any recommendations for broadband in Carlow town area??

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

1997 wrote: »
    Just wondering if you had any luck changing providers..with Eir 13yrs and theyre diabolical atm,dropping out every few mins,desperately need to change,any recommendations for broadband in Carlow town area??

I use Siro through Digiweb and changing to vodafone, Had no issues with it at all so far thankfully and the price for vodafone at the moment is very good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Have Siro through vidafone since last year & never had an issue. Installation was painful, after that all good though. 2 adults, 2 teens with phones, sky ran off it, Netflix on one tv, work laptops & younger kids tablets at weekend. All good speed. We’re based in town.

Advertisement