Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elton John biopic Rocketman

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭wezzopalooza

Saw it last night, don't know too much about Elton's life so can't say how historically accurate it is, but was enjoyable and the songs sounded great. It had a broadway musical feel to it and wouldn't be surprised if it ends up there or the West End in a year or 2.

On the subject of its classification, was thinking afterwards about how film classification has changed over the years, I would say although there was nothing too graphic, the gay love scenes and brief scene of oral sex along with the language (even a c-bomb towards the end) should probably have earned it a 16 rating, and likely would have up to a few years ago, the 15A was quite generous imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Here's a spoilery review of it , really hope it does well and they get some recognition for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Saw this tonight and loved it. Didn't watch the Freddie Mercury biopic after reading everything they changed it in/ Brian May's hands all over it etc etc...but went along to this after hearing great reviews.
    Not an Elton John fan per se, know the famous tunes and the classics but thought this was brilliantly put together to his music. Loved the transitions in some of the scenes when they fast forward Elton's life. In the street, at the piano, funfair etc .
    As others said, doesn't pull any punches and is all the better for it. Would highly recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭sporina

not an Elton fan at all but saw this yday and it blew me away - I even cried! soo well done - loved the structure and cast...
    still not a fan but loved the way the movie was done - cudda been about anyone if you know what i mean - but i respect his talent and what he went thru..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Machina

I enjoyed it. I'm not an Elton Fan but I just went with it. I really enjoyed the full-on fantasy sequences. They seemed appropriate for such a larger-than-life character.

Advertisement