Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting Mats

Options
  • 19-05-2019 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I've just returned to Golf after a six year hiatus. I only played for 2 years before so i'd still classify myself as a beginner.

I'm having problems improving my putting and was wondering if putting mats are helpful or do people find them a waste of money?

There are a few on Amazon that seem highly recommended but just wondering if they do genuinely help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Hoboo

talla10 wrote: »
    I've just returned to Golf after a six year hiatus. I only played for 2 years before so i'd still classify myself as a beginner.

I'm having problems improving my putting and was wondering if putting mats are helpful or do people find them a waste of money?

There are a few on Amazon that seem highly recommended but just wondering if they do genuinely help?

They help if you use them, problem for me is using it. Have it in the office now so take a few minutes here and there to hit 20 putts, but when I had it at home I think its saw a ball twice.

Bought the putt out mat and training aid from American Golf, was considerably cheaper than amazon. Its a great mat, and the 'hole' is good for accuracy, but, I get bored very easily with it, and Id prefer a hole. Find myself just hitting putts from 2-4ft, which Ive definitely benefited from.

Advertisement