Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular Gardener cost

Options
  • 18-05-2019 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭

Hi all, interested in a house with a lovely garden (house on half acre, very good lawn & pretty planting around perimeter). I wouldn’t know where to start to maintain it if I bought the property. Think I’d probably pay a gardener initially and ask them to mentor me. What price would a gardener cost per hour, how many times a month would I hire them for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

honeybear wrote: »
    Hi all, interested in a house with a lovely garden (house on half acre, very good lawn & pretty planting around perimeter). I wouldn’t know where to start to maintain it if I bought the property. Think I’d probably pay a gardener initially and ask them to mentor me. What price would a gardener cost per hour, how many times a month would I hire them for?

I charge 30 per hour. that's fairly normal. green waste is extra depending on how much of it there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Where are you as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I pay 18/hr for one day a week for 0.8 acre site.

Grass cutting, hedge trimming, basic pruning and planting, weeding, mulching, gravel driveway maintenance, odd jobs like digging trenches for drainage and electrics.

I then do bits and pieces myself on top of that like formative pruning, hedge planting, small landscaping projects, planning and dithering.

I tried dropping to 2 days a month but that wasn't sustainable, the place was falling apart. Holding back the forces of nature takes effort.

It's a lot of money but then I know people in housing estates and apartments who pay a couple of hundred a month service charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Where are you as a matter of interest?

South County Dublin

Advertisement