Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flowers for flower bed

Options
  • 17-05-2019 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have a curved flowerbed, the same idea as attached but it is full of roses(2 types...red and white) and is bordered with box hedging.

Would it be possible to get some help, I don't have a clue what flowers are in the attached flowerbed. Could you please if possible help to ID the flowers in the attachment?

I will be holding onto my box hedging as a border, removing the roses and replanting them in a different part of the garden.

Thanks for the help...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The tall purple/pink flowers are something like Lythrum virgatum 'Dropmore Purple' the very leggy purple ones behind are verbena bonariensis. The purply ones in the foreground against the path are Purple Salvia

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭finla

The blue ones in the foreground look like agapanthus, and the daisy like plant could be leucanthemum. Looks like there's some cosmos, feathery foliage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Lovely garden OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Try the PlantSnap app. Take a photo of the plant and it’ll identify it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭hbab2009

Thank you for all of your replies, they help alot. I will try the app.

Also if you could recommend plants for the flowerbed that would help too.

As already posted above my current flowerbed is full of roses. I want to move these roses to a different location. Is it difficult to move roses? What's the best way to go about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,135 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its very easy to move roses. It is a bit late this year, they will have made a good bit of new growth. If you can leave them till autumn it would be wise. Having said all that I dug up some roses last year in June and stuck them in large pots to transport to a new home. They are still in the pots and are perfectly happy.

Roses can have rather massive roots, try and get as much as you can. If you do move them now trim off most of the new growth and give them lots of water. This would not be considered professional advice, but roses are really tough!

Advertisement