Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 21st May

Options
  • 21-05-2019 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

A few decent bets lined up for today.

2.35 Brighton, Voltaic. I don't like this horse at all. I'm laying this big time. Around 2.4 on the exchange. I really think the horse needs 1m1f or prferably 1m2f.

Good luck to anyone betting today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

My last bet runs in the 3.45 @ Brighton but just want to make sure there are no hiccups.

3.05 Brighton, Dark Poet @ 11/4 on the exchange I think it's worth a decent win bet.

Last bet of the day for me til this evening.

3.45 Notthingham, Nearooz. Laying this heavily around 2.4.

I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

What is the point of these threads? You seem to deliberately leave it til about three minutes before the off to post your musings on a given race. No one could possibly follow your selection in the time provided.

Are you just thinking out loud?

4.55 Nottingham, Master Grey. Have what you like on, certainty. 11/8 on the exchange.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    What is the point of these threads? You seem to deliberately leave it til about three minutes before the off to post your musings on a given race. No one could possibly follow your selection in the time provided.

Are you just thinking out loud?

I can't post my bets any sooner for reasons. Some are info. I can post them when I have my money on, mainly before the off.

Its boring watching racing all day so I just post them here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    4.55 Nottingham, Master Grey. Have what you like on, certainty. 11/8 on the exchange.

You said your last bet was at 3.45! Behave!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Addict

I can't post my bets any sooner for reasons. Some are info. I can post them when I have my money on, mainly before the off.

Its boring watching racing all day so I just post them here.

They seem to mostly around even money shots, as the above one. Even if everyone who reads this forum decided to lump on each one it would be unlikely to have any effect on such established prices.

Unlucky with the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Unplaced. You told me it was a certainty. My kids will not eat now until my next payday, 20th June.

You said it was a certainty.... on what basis

This forum is getting brutal.

:)

Also, last at Steepledowns today, good draw for no 1, and the trainer says it's working well on his home computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Unplaced. You told me it was a certainty. My kids will not eat now until my next payday, 20th June.

You said it was a certainty.... on what basis

This forum is getting brutal.

:)

Also, last at Steepledowns today, good draw for no 1, and the trainer says it's working well on his home computer.

You're doing it wrong.
    If you bet by percentage stakes you make a profit no matter what the result ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

@SonOfGoat - are you a bookie? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The card at Sligo tonight looks like a trials day for Galway.... Some serious piles of crap out for the night.

However I think Libras Power in the 7.00 looks a touch above the rest. I would imagine he will make a mockery of an OR of 56 in the future. Shane Foley onboard.

Ah well , that was rubbish.

In the last 3 races at Sligo I am going for

7.30 - Wild Shot ( literally )
    8.00 - Royal Canford
    8.30 - Small Town Boy ( Sommerville special )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Goat is a proven Walter Mitty in the past not sure why people are (re)indulging him here, if you're playing the exchange prices minutes before the off you're more or less certain to lose long term unless you're some sort of mega judge (and those guys are not posting on internet forums that is for sure), generally playing prices between 1.5 and 3.0 means you'll get some relatively regular winners and if every bet is posted as a "heavy back/lay"/"max bet"/"nearly a max" then the wins tend to look more impressive but long term it is 1.01 impossible to make money betting like this guy does

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Son of goat is latest Re reg of the only way formerly known as Irish goat. It’s all nonsense. All of it. Posting on multiple sites my last bet of day followed by max win bet 5 minutes later. It’s either a shill, troll or someone with an horrific gambling addiction losing his/her chops. The sonofgoat will, in time , be substituted by aunt/mother/uncle/niece etc of goat usernames. Anyone paying even an second of credence to the posts deserves to lose money

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

i don't get why some people get so worked up about him? It's a horse racing forum and he's giving his selections before the race so he's not aftertiming. Who cares if he's winning/losing, he's not a tipping service so the only person losing is him. He's doing absolutely no harm

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

BumperD wrote:
    ... The sonofgoat will, in time , be substituted by aunt/mother/uncle/niece etc of goat usernames.

😂😂

I quite enjoy his ramblings actually, pure fantasy but entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Goat is a proven Walter Mitty in the past not sure why people are (re)indulging him here, if you're playing the exchange prices minutes before the off you're more or less certain to lose long term unless you're some sort of mega judge (and those guys are not posting on internet forums that is for sure), generally playing prices between 1.5 and 3.0 means you'll get some relatively regular winners and if every bet is posted as a "heavy back/lay"/"max bet"/"nearly a max" then the wins tend to look more impressive but long term it is 1.01 impossible to make money betting like this guy does

Maybe you can answer that one yourself.... bit hypocritical that statement.

Regardless, time to move on for me and hit ignore for all the Goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I am the GOAT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

We are all THE GOAT

i don't get why some people get so worked up about him? It's a horse racing forum and he's giving his selections before the race so he's not aftertiming. Who cares if he's winning/losing, he's not a tipping service so the only person losing is him. He's doing absolutely no harm

So true, by the way, these are ones that have been in my tracker they run at ayr

friendly advice 335 at about 7/4, this is a lay for me, not sure it’s interested, think it loses.

Shenanigans 4:05 5/4 , think it’s his time of year, max win :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Maybe you can answer that one yourself.... bit hypocritical that statement.

Regardless, time to move on for me and hit ignore for all the Goats.
      Is a bit, not sure why I bothered posting, happening a lot these days.

BumperD wrote: »
      So true, by the way, these are ones that have been in my tracker they run at ayr

friendly advice 335 at about 7/4, this is a lay for me, not sure it’s interested, think it loses.

Pro Punter stuff there. Form an orderly queue at the payout desk. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Bumper, I thought you were being sarcastic!!! Well done...

razorhead wrote: »
        Bumper, I thought you were being sarcastic!!! Well done...

Look at the names :) I was having a bit of fun you should know me by now :)

Didn’t have a cent on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Look at the names :) I was having a bit of fun you should know me by now :)

Didn’t have a cent on :)

You couldn't script it!!!

Advertisement