Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid payments for Landlords

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Be that is it may, none of it counters my point.

They have been blocking landlord from charging rent for years now.
    Also preventing landlords getting access to their property when rent isnt paid.

And preventing landlord getting their properties back when they want them, or drawing up mutalluy agreed a contract that is equal to both sides.

They will do as they please and nothing will change.

But when REITs own the entire market they will then take in the government. They only reason REITs have such favourable tax terms is that they are not going against the government on the leglislation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,653 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

JimmyVik wrote: »
    They have been blocking landlord from charging rent for years now.
    Also preventing landlords getting access to their property when rent isnt paid.

And preventing landlord getting their properties back when they want them, or drawing up mutalluy agreed a contract that is equal to both sides.

They will do as they please and nothing will change.

But when REITs own the entire market they will then take in the government. They only reason REITs have such favourable tax terms is that they are not going against the government on the leglislation.

Again - nothing to do with my post. Or Covid-19.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Again - nothing to do with my post. Or Covid-19.

Honestly i dont know what you are talking about so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,653 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Honestly i dont know what you are talking about so.

I'm talking about covid payments for landlords. It's in the thread title...?

Going on rants and complaing about rules that may well be unfair but have been in place for ages are completely different issues and best rasied in more relevant threads.

I'm talking about covid payments for landlords. It's in the thread title...?

Going on rants and complaing about rules that may well be unfair but have been in place for ages are completely different issues and best rasied in more relevant threads.

Sorry, I still have no idea what you are on about.

Never mind though. Not a problem. Being nice to each other never hurts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guys- behave.......

Sorry,but am I out of line here? Merely trying to stay on topic or have I missed something?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Disagree with one another- to your heart's content- but remain civil about it.

Ideally- remain on topic- and if you want to discuss something beyond the remit of the thread you're currently posting in- please start a new thread (keeping within the charter of the forum, of course). Going entirely offtopic- is not appropriate.

Its nice that we have an outlet to discuss and debate things, often with people who hold diametrically opposed views to us (and esp. in the current climate)- but the core rules of remaining civil towards other forum users, and posting within the charter that governs the forum, remains.

Advertisement