Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any universally loved Irish people

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

.anon. wrote: »
    Mostly, but there's a cohort of people who really don't like him - they're usually the kind of people who'd use his height and voice against him. Cunts, essentially.

You might say i am using his voice against him but whats the story with the posh accent when talking in uk or hosting British Royals here?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Fr Brian D'Arcy

cant stand that chronic attention seeker

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Bosco

• Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Christy Moore, Christy Ring, Christy Hennessy, Christy Dignam, Christy O'Connor (Snr. and Jnr.).

And Bridget Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Ronnie Drew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭joeguevara

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Couldnt be two most opposite people. Darren Clarke is one of the most hated people in Ireland. You are obviously a golf fan. Do some digging and dont believe the on screen personna

Not a golf fan. What is it apart from being a grumpy pr1ck but considering what he has been to is understandable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Bono but he loves himself more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Mrs Doyle

Christy Moore, Christy Ring, Christy Hennessy, Christy Dignam, Christy O'Connor (Snr. and Jnr.).

And Bridget Hitler.

Definitely not Christy Moore. Great singer but wouldn’t want to be within 10 miles of him.

Liam Clancy, legend.

JFK

Richard Harris and Peter o toole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Paul Mcgrath

He played for Utd, no one who plays for Utd will ever be loved by me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

mickdw wrote: »
    You might say i am using his voice against him but whats the story with the posh accent when talking in uk or hosting British Royals here?

That's just the way he speaks when he's delivering a speech. Although it's not like he talks with a broad Limerick accent the rest of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Don Conroy

Angus Mac Grianna

Angus Mac Grianna

WHAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Bullocks wrote:
    Luke Kelly

The p***k with the spray paint begs to differ.

An absolute gent and patriot was Luke

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Dermott Morgan

Liam Neeson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Denis O'Brien

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

joeguevara wrote: »
    Not a golf fan. What is it apart from being a grumpy pr1ck but considering what he has been to is understandable.

I’ve met Clarke a number of times, he is a bit of a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Father Jack from Father Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 23,277 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

That's just the way he speaks when he's delivering a speech. Although it's not like he talks with a broad Limerick accent the rest of the time.

No. Its clearly not the way he speaks when delivering many other speeches.
    There is a very clear change in his accent and its sickening.

• Advertisement

Ekerot wrote: »
    Father Jack from Father Ted

Pat Mustard the milkman who also played Georgie Burgess. that was A1 Sharon.

I know he isn’t Irish but we have claimed him Daniel Day Lewis.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

There will never be anyone on a go to list here. We are far too cynical. And that is good. IMV lol.

Imelda May seems pretty sound. I don't know anyone who doesn't like her.

Me! :)

I don't know the woman but for some unknown reason or maybe no reason at all she irritates the hell out of me.

Maureen o hara.

Spike Milligan. Anyone who had ‘I told you I was sick’ has to be loved. And before anyone tells me he was British, https://www.britannica.com/biography/Spike-Milligan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Me! :)

I don't know the woman but for some unknown reason or maybe no reason at all she irritates the hell out of me.

I can't stand that she's fairly average and was on the late late like 6 times in one year. Family always calling me "are you coming to watch the late late Imelda May is on" she's alright for a busker but doesn't have a talent for singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

James Corden

He's not irish.

He's also a fat cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Dustin the Turkey

mickdw wrote: »
    No. Its clearly not the way he speaks when delivering many other speeches.
    There is a very clear change in his accent and its sickening.

It is. Watch any formal speech from him, as Béarla, and his accent is the same, right down to the rolled 'R's. He might try to enunciate his words more clearly for foreign audiences, but he's not changing his accent. Great speaker. You'd want to be fierce easily annoyed to find it 'sickening'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

It is. Watch any formal speech from him, as Béarla, and his accent is the same, right down to the rolled 'R's. He might try to enunciate his words more clearly for foreign audiences, but he's not changing his accent. Great speaker. You'd want to be fierce easily annoyed to find it 'sickening'.

I don't like that he considered trying to delay abortion and left it to the last hour possible to sign it into law. I also don't like his love for criminals.

• Advertisement

Not many people know but Jack Nicholson considered himself Irish and his mother was so good enough for me. A bigger legend doesn’t exist

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/books/authors/30-great-quotes-about-ireland-and-the-irish/30-great-quotes-about-ireland-and-the-irish14/

https://youtu.be/ND31PWVW-TQ

Advertisement