Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'It may take viewers from RTE's 9 O'Clock news but that's not the intention'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Good. **** RTE. Spending my TV License fee to show the Head of Diddlers for the whole of last weekend. Deserve to lose viewers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So this is a non-thread,

if they want to show news at 7pm, 8pm, 9pm or 10pm. Who cares?

If they do have an intention then who cares, competition is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Will VMT1 pay tribute to TV3's early years by slathering its presenters in Kabuki-like make up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Their main evening feature will start at 8.30, which makes sense if you want a good film or 2 one hour anchor programmes.

Working hours have changed for a lot of people with longer commuter times and many people starting work at 8. Means they are going to bed a bit earlier than 10-20 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭jaykay74

That gives RTE exclusive coverage of the news that occurs between 8pm and 9pm. Risky move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭KevRossi

jaykay74 wrote: »
    That gives RTE exclusive coverage of the news that occurs between 8pm and 9pm. Risky move.

News is changing. Its far more instantaneous and were getting it off social media. So it doesn't matter as much as a few years ago.

A good move on their part IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Someone tell Collete there is a rolling news service so makes **** all difference when her show goes out.

Also if its like previous versions of TV3 news then RTE have absolutely nothing to fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

KevRossi wrote: »

Working hours have changed for a lot of people with longer commuter times and many people starting work at 8. Means they are going to bed a bit earlier than 10-20 years ago.

Lot of people can only dream of starting work at 8.00
    Its 7.00 or 7.30 if your lucky enough

TV3 news has always been absolute tripe...Brain dead reporters outside the criminal courts with the same monotone no matter what trial they are covering..If I need to see any major news at 8 I'll turn on Sky news or check my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

It's AnchorMAN not AnchorLADY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

If I need to see any major news at 8 I'll turn on Sky news or check my phone.[/QUOTE]

The Sun with moving pictures? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Damn it I wish the one with the big rack was presenting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Damn it I wish the one with the big rack was presenting it.

Who ?

and pics :D

jaykay74 wrote: »

Haha but tv3 have exclusivity to the 7-8 slot now. Now that schools have gone back they’ll be full blown riots trying to get the kids to go to bed early.

Will be old news come 9pm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Virgin Media said they had a big commitment to news & current affairs content. Their new website even from today still shows that commitment is still lacking the presence of a proper news website for their viewers when compared to RTÉ's offering of news & current affairs on it's own website. This new bulletin at 8 will probably give a small dent in VM' viewership but the news output will still be largely the same as all of the other bulletins on VM's other bulletins on their other channels.

It still tells us that RTÉ is still the kingmaker for producing high quality news & current affairs content in this country everyday of the week.

VM News will get a bigger slice of that audience if they get their act together if they want to up their game in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

It still tells us that RTÉ is still the kingmaker for producing high quality news & current affairs content in this country everyday of the week.

Lay off the wacky tobacky there tubridy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

How much of a dent did TV3 news at 8 make when they tried it and then binned it? Don't worry Collette, RTE will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It really doesn't matter Colette - if something big is happening everyone tunes to either Sky or BBC!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

yabadabado wrote: »
    Who ?

and pics :D

Elaine crowley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Go fuck yourself San Diego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Will this be on Netflix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,248 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Both Claire and Colette will be flying solo for each of their half hour bulletins because, Colette says, half an hour is 'too short' for two anchors.

I did giggle at the little dig

Advertisement