Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Memory cards

• 29-08-2018 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I'd pick up a memory card for a Samsung in North Dublin? Would I pick one up in Cex or something like this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

At the memory card shop, down memory lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

any supermarket i would have throught

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

any supermarket i would have throught

I can't see SuperValu having them? Then again, they haven't been in my realm until about an hour ago, so I wouldn't have noticed one if I saw one so who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭NOVA MCMXCIV

Get yourself to Argos or PC World y'mad-thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,441 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tesco Clare Hall or Finglas will have them.

Tomorrow you could try Argos who also sell them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Hammer89 wrote: »
    I can't see SuperValu having them? Then again, they haven't been in my realm until about an hour ago, so I wouldn't have noticed one if I saw one so who knows.

currys, pc world, maplins etc for micro sd card if you're in a hurry - you'll pay a good price. Ebay if you can wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Don't forget to get the local priest to bless it before you insert it into the hard drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Anyone know where I'd pick up a memory card for a Samsung in North Dublin? Would I pick one up in Cex or something like this?

Didn’t know people sent memory cards for dead phones

Good shout on Argos lads. I want to download films on Netflix without it raping my phone. Would this beaut do the trick - http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1066926/Trail/searchtext%3EMEMORY+C+ARD.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Pc world, power city, Harvey Norman or any camera shop. I prefer to buy online as I get to choose the make and model. I like having a large selection

• Advertisement

Good shout on Argos lads. I want to download films on Netflix without it raping my phone. Would this beaut do the trick - http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1066926/Trail/searchtext%3EMEMORY+C+ARD.htm

That will only hold a very small number of films. Might as well get 128 GB while you're going to the trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭NOVA MCMXCIV

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    That will only hold a very small number of films. Might as well get 128 GB while you're going to the trouble.

How about this: get the Argos one for now, if you need it soon – then get a 128 or 256 on eBay when it suits...

Are Am Eye wrote: »

I just downloaded Se7en which is about 399 MB, so you could squeeze a good few films into the 16GB? I'm thinking you can get around 40 films out of it, unless my maths is horrendously wrong. I don't need the 128GB one.

I just downloaded Se7en which is about 399 MB, so you could squeeze a good few films into the 16GB? I'm thinking you can get around 40 films out of it, unless my maths is horrendously wrong. I don't need the 128GB one.

Oh, I forgot films were 399mb. You're dead right. Carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Hammer89 wrote:

I'm pretty sure netflix put a cap on the amount of movies that you can store. They do with TV shows anyway. I think it limited to 10 or 12.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure netflix put a cap on the amount of movies that you can store. They do with TV shows anyway. I think it limited to 10 or 12.

That's grand sure I only intend on using six or seven at a time, but only have a 16 GB phone so it'll cause problems without additional storage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,441 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you are getting a large one so to speak make sure that your phone supports it, some older phones may not support cards over 32GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

https://www.memoryc.ie/ -- very competitive and if you're nearby (Celbridge) you can collect.

Advertisement