Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental implant crown

Options
  • 22-11-2019 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi, I’ve recently had an implant and crown fitted and all is going well with it. What I noticed today when I looked in the mirror is that there is a black circular thing on the crown on the cusp of the tooth (think this is what it’s called, the part that would chew). Is this normal or should the crown all be white? I can’t remember if it was there when I first got the crown 2 months ago but I think I would have noticed it. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,073 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

There is a tiny titanium screw which connects your crown to your implant. The dark spot you see is the access hole where the screw is located. Your dentist would have used a driver and ratchet to tighten the crown into position, then filled the access hole with white filling. After a couple of weeks the white filling often discolours slightly because it contacts the metal under the porcelain so it becomes at little more visible against the porcelain. Nothing to be concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭chooey

Ah perfect, thanks for explaining that. I have an appointment with my dentist next week so I was going to ask then but was just worried when I saw it today. Thanks again

Advertisement