Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars Google Cardboard VR viewer - Argos - €1.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Better off splashing out on a good one with straps and a magnetic switch on the side for inputs from Ebay or Aliexpress. Mobile VR is really taking off, I watched a film on mine in the cinema app the other night and it was genuinely impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I got one free from Google originally!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

GBX wrote: »
    I got one free from Google originally!

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Love the way it says "Compatible with gadget handsets."

What does that even mean? :D

Thargor wrote: »
    Better off splashing out on a good one with straps and a magnetic switch on the side for inputs from Ebay or Aliexpress. Mobile VR is really taking off, I watched a film on mine in the cinema app the other night and it was genuinely impressive.

I can't say im that impressed with them.
    Phone still don't have enough resolution and refresh rate to negate pixelation and motion sickness issues. (I use S9 for reference)
    Also, a lot of the apps are crap. Put in VR Games into Google Play store and half of them won't even open.

Plus the headset below is kind of going obsolete, google is trying to push everybody towards their Google Daydream platform, which requires a controller.
    Means apps like plex,netflix are no longer compatible with the older Google Cardboard type mounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Love the way it says "Compatible with gadget handsets."

What does that even mean? :D

Means you can’t stick your telly on the end for a fully immersive IMAX experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

A certain adult 'hub' were/are giving them away free too.. :) but not star wars print. Thanks OP, reserved two for the Nephew + Niece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

ok I bought one for the kids to mess with over the weekend

what apps are good?

Advertisement