Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiting Room - 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Around 4.15 :-)

I may stop refreshing my emails so haha well done lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

Aaron123 wrote: »
    I may stop refreshing my emails so haha well done lads

I'm doing the same :-) im from 2018 and vetting still isn't finished, just curious if you've lived abroad cause that's what I've been told is holding up my vetting

I'm doing the same :-) im from 2018 and vetting still isn't finished, just curious if you've lived abroad cause that's what I've been told is holding up my vetting

Im 2019, im the same just waiting on vetting, ive never lived abroad but i have two family members living abroad..id say thats what is holding mine up too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

What's the offer this time. Online training and into a station??

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

I'm 2018 vetting still incomplete I've never lived abroad nor have I any family abroad. So disheartening at this stage I was really hopeful of getting one for June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 papster97

Deano.f87 wrote: »
    What's the offer this time. Online training and into a station??

3 weeks online
    1week templemore
    12 weeks station (minimum)
    16weeks templemore

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

For those who got offers and for those who will get, please post you campaign year, ie 2018 or 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Lcass

Got an offer. Congrats everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

I've got one on the go already :-)

Just messaged you. 😉

Harveli18 wrote: »
    I'm 2018 vetting still incomplete I've never lived abroad nor have I any family abroad. So disheartening at this stage I was really hopeful of getting one for June

Im 2018 aswell but I've lived in Spain, America and Australia with my sister still living in Australia, I was told by a few senior Guards that its my previous addresses holding up the vetting or else my age, I'm 37 in August and got my application in for the 2018 campaign before the age of 35, do you mind me asking how old you are? we're all anonymous here but PM me if you don't feel comfortable sharing

I thought my vetting was difficult because of my travels but if yours is still outstanding I just don't understand whats holding it up!

My surname stars with R, could it be as simple as that they are going through the alphabet with offers?

I am genuinely delighted for those who got offers today and it is comforting to know that intakes are happening but also very hard sitting at the computer waiting for an email that hasn't come yet, Im sure a lot of you can identify with the disappointment.

The head remains high but it's a bittersweet Friday

A sincere "Best of luck" to those who got the golden ticket email today, you've all worked hard for this and I can only imagine how you're feeling! Wear that uniform with pride, we'll be right behind you :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 WhatsUp2014

Lcass wrote: »
    Got on offer. Congrats everyone.

Have you done fitness and medical

Completed my pct and medical in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

I've got one on the go already :-)

Just messaged you. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Im 2018 aswell but I've lived in Spain, America and Australia with my sister still living in Australia, I was told by a few senior Guards that its my previous addresses holding up the vetting or else my age, I'm 37 in August and got my application in for the 2018 campaign before the age of 35, do you mind me asking how old you are? we're all anonymous here but PM me if you don't feel comfortable sharing

I thought my vetting was difficult because of my travels but if yours is still outstanding I just don't understand whats holding it up!

My surname stars with R, could it be as simple as that they are going through the alphabet with offers?

I am genuinely delighted for those who got offers today and it is comforting to know that intakes are happening but also very hard sitting at the computer waiting for an email that hasn't come yet, Im sure a lot of you can identify with the disappointment.

The head remains high but it's a bittersweet Friday

A sincere "Best of luck" to those who got the golden ticket email today, you've all worked hard for this and I can only imagine how you're feeling! Wear that uniform with pride, we'll be right behind you :-)

I'm 27. Well I understand why yours could be taking a bit of time seeing as you have lived abroad I know that can hold things up a bit but I literally have no clue what's holding mine up. I've emailed them so many times asking is there a problem etc. but always get the same response that the vetting process is multi-tiered and so on and that they will be in contact in due course. I have heard of others who have had to wait a long time for their vetting but eventually get the offer so I'll just hang in there and hope I get an offer soon. Hopefully we will get the good news in the next few weeks(fingers crossed). Congrats to everyone who got the offers today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Have you done fitness and medical

why do you keep asking if people who got offers have done fitness and medical ? obviously they have ? they wouldn't get offers otherwise ?

Got an offer any whats app group getting set up. I didnt think it was going to happen for me but it has.

Congratulations everyone:cool: its so nice seeing some familiar names getting offers, best of luck everyone:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

I Applied for the guards in 2018 and have every stage completed and I am still waiting to get in. Is there anyone who applied in 2018 and is still in a similar situation like myself.

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    I Applied for the guards in 2018 and have every stage completed and I am still waiting to get in. Is there anyone who applied in 2018 and is still in a similar situation like myself.

I'm still waiting too. Vetting apparently

I'm still waiting too. Vetting apparently

I'm the same I have been told over the phone and via email that my vetting is still outstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 rboa98s165xzh3

Congrats folks, hopefully more coming soon? I'm 2019 comp, everything done, was told vetting complete. Just sitting waiting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

Does anyone know about the pay structure for the 12 weeks we will be doing at the station. Will we get the training allowance or a wage. I wonder how far from our home addresses they will locate us for the 12 weeks.

Did anyone from 2018 get an offer recently?

Congrats folks, hopefully more coming soon? I'm 2019 comp, everything done, was told vetting complete. Just sitting waiting

did they actually say your vetting is finished and complete? I would have thought you should have gotten an offer yesterday

Yep, thats what they told me when i called last time. There was a delay with medical clearance after having Lasek, but the clearance for that came in 2 weeks ago and Occupational health said it was good to go. OOM is low single digits. Will call again Monday for clarification

Yep, thats what they told me when i called last time. There was a delay with medical clearance after having Lasek, but the clearance for that came in 2 weeks ago and Occupational health said it was good to go. OOM is low single digits. Will call again Monday for clarification

ah i get ya, your vetting was probably finished a while ago but medical was outstanding. defo call them, wouldn't want to miss out on this round cause the doctor didnt file the paperwork

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

Yep in the same boat, 2018 campaign. Very disheartening at this stage!

Tmac35 wrote: »
    Yep in the same boat, 2018 campaign. Very disheartening at this stage!

I take it your vetting is holding you back as well ?

I take it your vetting is holding you back as well ?

Yep, usual crap when I email, it’s multi tiered & we’ll get back to you......

has anyone got the reason they roll over the folks from previous years ? Unlike the civil service where its a years panel etc, or the Defense forces where they take X number per recruitment, fill the sports, and start again for the next intake ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭Flimsy_Boat

I stopped waiting.

2018 campaign, Stage 3 in September, OOM 60s, Irish test in January 2019. Lived in 5 countries on 3 continents so I knew my vetting would take ages from the outset. I am in my 30s, had dead end office job and was not pursuing my passions. So I decided to try to become an emergency medicine physician instead. It involved 1 entrance test and proof of a 2H1 level 8 degree. So I applied to take the medical college test in March 2019, half thinking it wouldnt work out as it is competitive. Well here I am 1 year into medical school and if I hadn't withdrawn Im nearly certain my vetting would still be outstanding today.

My advice is to live life and enjoy it if you have a long wait. It makes it easier. You may end up doing something else like me or just racking up a bunch of cool experiences before AGS dictates the rest of your off time for 30 years.

I stopped waiting.

2018 campaign, Stage 3 in September, OOM 60s, Irish test in January 2019. Lived in 5 countries on 3 continents so I knew my vetting would take ages from the outset. I am in my 30s, had dead end office job and was not pursuing my passions. So I decided to try to become an emergency medicine physician instead. It involved 1 entrance test and proof of a 2H1 level 8 degree. So I applied to take the medical college test in March 2019, half thinking it wouldnt work out as it is competitive. Well here I am 1 year into medical school and if I hadn't withdrawn Im nearly certain my vetting would still be outstanding today.

My advice is to live life and enjoy it if you have a long wait. It makes it easier. You may end up doing something else like me or just racking up a bunch of cool experiences before AGS dictates the rest of your off time for 30 years.

Well said!!

I’ve rejected promotions thinking AGS was going to happen sooner that this.

Still Keeping the faith but I’m gonna start walking through the doors that are open for now

Well said!!

I’ve rejected promotions thinking AGS was going to happen sooner that this.

Still Keeping the faith but I’m gonna start walking through the doors that are open for now

I wouldnt be turning any opportunities down, at the end of the day you won't care what bridges you've burned when your in AGS:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jackhynes99

Is anyone serting up a watsapp group ?

Can I be included in the what'sapp group? Please

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jackhynes99

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Anyone want to be added pm me your name and number I'll get the admin to add yous 😊

Please add me if that's OK

Just phoned Appointments. Apparently medical didn't notify the other sections of my medical clearance which happened 2 weeks ago. Might be worth ya;ll ringing and checking if you're in a similar situation.

• Advertisement

What number are you ringing? As the number I used to ring-nobody there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Stretch1432

Hi i got an offer for the 22nd of june is there any watsapp group ?

Did you just get that today?

Just phoned Appointments. Apparently medical didn't notify the other sections of my medical clearance which happened 2 weeks ago. Might be worth ya;ll ringing and checking if you're in a similar situation.

What number did you ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Anyone hear anything about PCTs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

AD07 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about PCTs?

No, I'm waiting on another date too. Think I seen in the Irish Times that the lecturers from templemore are out in the force until June. Maybe this might be one of the reasons why we haven't gotten any dates yet

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Triplek wrote: »
    No, I'm waiting on another date too. Think I seen in the Irish Times that the lecturers from templemore are out in the force until June. Maybe this might be one of the reasons why we haven't gotten any dates yet

Oh yeah your probably right. Maybe when they go back so we will hear something

So having been told over the phone previously that everything was good to go pending medical clearance (which has now been acknowledged) I got an email reply said 'Please be advised that your application is undergoing final checks.'

Does this actually mean good to go, or what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Emailed HR today. Same old automated response. Multi Tiered etc...

So having been told over the phone previously that everything was good to go pending medical clearance (which has now been acknowledged) I got an email reply said 'Please be advised that your application is undergoing final checks.'

That's the last response I got before receiving an offer, but someone also said on here that they were getting that response for about a year. Fingers crossed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Robert2020

Quick question, when did you do you’re medical and fitness? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Chrisb13

Is there a whatsapp group for the 22nd of June group got an offer last Friday for that date. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dubsgal

Just got an offer for the 22nd of June .. finalllyyyyy!! Cannot believe it lads did many others get it today??

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dubsgal

Hey is there a WhatsApp group?

Got an offer just now, 22June !

2019 comp

• Advertisement
Advertisement