Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Devils Passage, Corcaigh Park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

OK, managed to see your pics spirithunter..
    Sorry to ask, but what do you see ghostly about them? i just see very dark pics of the place i was on sat.. some of them blurry.. but nothing ghostly..
    Altho.. fairplay to you for going there when it was dark.. i wouldnt have dare...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Anyone want to PM me the location of this place and Ill go up and take a stack of photos?

Grupouva wrote: »
    This might help, its a lot easier to make out thn in the google map
    there are directions on page 3 of this thread.. that's how i found it..

Quote:
    I couldnt find anything i went to the bottom of the big baseball field and there was a small trail between it and the fly fishing area that had some small lenghts of wood on the path it was only abou 30meters long. I assume what i am looking for might be in this link though?
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&...,0.004801&z=18
    There is building stuff in the north/north west of this so i coudnt see a way in but looking at the map now there might be a way in from the n/west of the fishing area? Will try it again if any can confirm its the bit in the middle of the link above.

Originally Posted by starviewadams
    Yeah the passage is the two rows of trees dead in the center of your link,you have to walk through the place where it looks like theres building going on,its basically just a dumping spot that the council uses for skips and gravel and the like.
    If I could somehow mark the point on google maps for you I would!
    This might help, its a lot easier to make out thn in the google map

Walk along the path leading out of the lake,turn left,walk over the stone bridge,the path is now made up of small stones,the baseball fields are to your right,follow the path until you get the entrance of what looks like the building site,left into here,and the entrance to the passage is on your left,the passage is in the row two rows of trees inside the walled area with the green grass.

Sorry, i didnt know how to show all the quotes.. just c&p

Basically on the M50 take the exit on the Red Cow Roundabout.. N7 to limerick. Turn right onto Clondalkin at newlands cross.. i think it's 2nd or 3rd turn to left after that.. there's a sign and all..

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Grimes wrote: »
    Anyone want to PM me the location of this place and Ill go up and take a stack of photos?

there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

amira wrote: »
    was there on saturday..
    have to admit that i read this thread before going.. so i was a bit scared.. but i'm also a "wanna be believer" as i never experienced anything myself.. but i think it's coz i may have the extra sensorial ability of a shoe sole.. i mean, ZERO!!
    Anyways.. the place is veeery strange.. went there with someone that didnt know bout this thread or the place or anything.. and he said it looked like a haunted place.. but that's about it..
    I felt like the atmosphere in the passage was like "thicker" if that makes sense.. but i take it was coz sat was a bit of a windy day, and the passage is in a walled area, and those trees that make the passage are so dense.. no wind to be felt in it.. but there was a loads of cans there as like people having parties.. so who would stay there at nite having a drink if the place is so haunted?
    However, i noticed a memorial plaque indicating that was a place of dead of someone named Pachal Doyle.. find it extrange that nobody mentioned this on the thread.. there was some faded flowers and some baby items in the rememberance spot.. but nothing else apart from that.. Does anybody knows what happend to him?
    I also took pics.. nothing strange shows in them.. i'll post them later if i can.. so at least you can see the mental tree stomp thingy..
    Have to say.. if i wouldnt have read this thread i probably would have thought it was a magical place.. for fairys and stuff.. more than a scary one!! :rolleyes:

The memorial is for a guy who committed suicide there a few years ago,there's also a homeless man living there off and on,he sleeps in the remains of the old wall so the empty cans possibly belong to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭spudz22

Can someone post a link for spirithunters pics? I searched 'nightmare1033' on the imageshack website but couldn't see them. thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

spudz22 wrote: »
    Can someone post a link for spirithunters pics? I searched 'nightmare1033' on the imageshack website but couldn't see them. thanks :)
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/nightmare1033

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Uh I cant wait to visit this place the next time im in Dublin thanks for the pics

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

Ah....the devil's passage - I had a spooky experience there when I was a teenager.
    Myself and some friends went camping overnight in the Devil's Passage.
    Nothing happened the whole night, but the next morning, after my friends left and it was just me and my girlfriend in the tent.
    A hand knocks on the tent and an old man's voice (by the sound of his voice, I'd guess he was in his 70's) saying "Excuse me, did you happen to see two young people walking through here"
    I replied, "No sir" as I was opening the tent
    By the time I'd opened the tent and looked outside (a process that took maybe 3 or 4 seconds), the man was gone - there was no sign of him at all.
    It freaked the **** of out my girlfriend - we quickly got the hell outta there!

• Advertisement

You camped in a park in Clondalkin? That cant be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

Bah...Clondalkin aint as bad as people make out really - like anywhere, there are good and bad parts!
    Devil's Passage - that's a good part! hehehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 38 spirithunter

hello there im sorry that i have not been in here in a while been very busy so about the pics i put up if you look closely and carefully around the vegetation and the wall area of the photo you will see a face.
    also i understand that you all are sceptical of my theories and proof that i do have all i can say is if you want to see video that was made look up on youtube irritating movie creations or fintandetoment31 and my videos will appear in some cases the images that i have spoken of can not be seen please do try and take a look at the pic a little closer if you can zoom in and you will see it....
    i have a lot of information i would like to share with you all on the park hellfire club how they are connected even kilnamanagh this thing goes on forever you might as well say that not all is as it seems when you enter the dark alone...
    i was not alone i had a few others with me that saw stuff figures run through the forest and heard voices call their names.....
    HERE IS ANOTHER IMAGE only this time i circled the area...[IMG]file:///C:/Users/fintan/Desktop/New%20folder%20%282%29/CREEPY.gif[/IMG]:P

kranog wrote: »
    Bah...Clondalkin aint as bad as people make out really - like anywhere, there are good and bad parts!
    Devil's Passage - that's a good part! hehehehe

my friend i totally agree with you clondalkin does have good and bad parts like anywere else and thats as true as your post

spirit hunter

HERE IS ANOTHER IMAGE only this time i circled the area...[IMG]file:///C:/Users/fintan/Desktop/New%20folder%20%282%29/CREEPY.gif[/IMG]:P

No offense but there is absolutely nothing paranormal about that image.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Riamfada wrote: »
    No offense but there is absolutely nothing paranormal about that image.

Agreed. All I see in that picture are trees and pareidolia.

what i did send you may not look paranormal but it is its a face in the wall

Correction it is a photo of something with a pattern present that we may experience as a face; doesn't mean there is actually a face in the wall. I see Dr.Zoidberg playing the drums in my bathroom floor every so often; doesn't make it real though.

P.S. You say face in a wall, yet I don't even see a wall (I see trees; no wall contours along the horizontal like that).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

That last pic is grainy and blurred. looks like moss but could be anything but paranormal. read this whole thread but seems to be just a ghost story.
    if i think of it ill charge my cam and head out. take pics of every corner of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

hello there im sorry that i have not been in here in a while been very busy so about the pics i put up if you look closely and carefully around the vegetation and the wall area of the photo you will see a face.
    also i understand that you all are sceptical of my theories and proof that i do have all i can say is if you want to see video that was made look up on youtube irritating movie creations or fintandetoment31 and my videos will appear in some cases the images that i have spoken of can not be seen please do try and take a look at the pic a little closer if you can zoom in and you will see it....
    i have a lot of information i would like to share with you all on the park hellfire club how they are connected even kilnamanagh this thing goes on forever you might as well say that not all is as it seems when you enter the dark alone...
    i was not alone i had a few others with me that saw stuff figures run through the forest and heard voices call their names.....

That's not a face. Clutching at straws with that photo :)

• Advertisement

from my own recollection of memories and information that i gathered over the years i know everything there is about the place historically and spiritually...
    ive seen first hand whats in there and escaped others that have seen whats in there were either driven insane or killed or never seen again..

from my own recollection of memories and information that i gathered over the years i know everything there is about the place historically and spiritually...
    ive seen first hand whats in there and escaped others that have seen whats in there were either driven insane or killed or never seen again..

I'm sure they were :rolleyes:

Seriously? That reads more like something from Lord of the Rings there Gandalf. Can you link to any cases involving dissapearing people in the park?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

Was just in Corkagh Park and found the entrance to the Devil's Passage but unfortunately it's blocked off with construction. Is there no other way in?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭gk5000

Lorrs33 wrote: »
    Was just in Corkagh Park and found the entrance to the Devil's Passage but unfortunately it's blocked off with construction. Is there no other way in?

Try the park attendants.
    Was in there several years ago (through a window in an old wall) but think its been blocked off since.

I think they are the remains of formal gardens or maybe even tennis courts, iirc rows of beech/lime & yew trees.

It's lovely in an overgrown sort of way, and spooky cos of the light/darkness of the trees. It's a pity it wasn't open to the public now.

i was on youtube tonight and was taking a look at some videos of ghosts adn demonic possessions and some were funny but there was one that caught my eye and was dead scary was shot on the national geograpic channel about a haunted house and a child being taken over by an old man who died well years before but was found out hea was a demon....
    ok as for the devils passage well there is a lot of paranormal activity up there you just have to kbow were to look and i know all the best spots 1 the devils passage 2 the council yard 3 the gunpowder mill 4 the woods beside the old mansion (devils passage) if its creepies you want you have to go up there at a certain time to catch them but if you do go up mind yourself and carry a wepon with you trust me its not safe especially at night

ok as for the devils passage well there is a lot of paranormal activity up there you just have to kbow were to look and i know all the best spots 1 the devils passage 2 the council yard 3 the gunpowder mill 4 the woods beside the old mansion (devils passage) if its creepies you want you have to go up there at a certain time to catch them but if you do go up mind yourself and carry a wepon with you trust me its not safe especially at night

What kind of weapon. Spiritual or real? Like a golf club? Also I think thats all mad bogus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

i was on youtube tonight and was taking a look at some videos of ghosts adn demonic possessions and some were funny but there was one that caught my eye and was dead scary was shot on the national geograpic channel about a haunted house and a child being taken over by an old man who died well years before but was found out hea was a demon....

Thanks for that post, it made me smile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rachel_Dooley

Im only a teenager, but I know alot about the Devils passage.

I knew the man who's name is on the plaque, Paschel Doyle, he was a good friend of my families and I know what happened to him but I dare not say.Me and three other friends of mine went in there on wednsday last and i was very afraid.
    My friend had entered ok but came out with numerous cuts on her arm. I went in with a group never on my own and felt like somebody had banged into me. Aswell, I felt someone or something scratch my ankle.My arm had been cut a month or two before and I had also carved perfect into it, Being a kid, you know, and it rose from my arm, no longer a faint scar.
    I also see shadows and hear whispering in there. I believe that what ever is in there is a lost and lonely sole trying to seek help but to no avail.Also, there is a fire outside that never burns out. I find the place eerie and very nauseating.
    But when I leave, I feel fine like a weight was lifted or something.

There is something strange there and I am going back there tomorrow with the sole intention of finding out!
    -Rachel
    <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'm surprised to see this thread is still going and I've still yet (after 2 years) to put the pictures up... sadly I can't put them up at present between having no space for my scanner/printer and not being at home. I actually want to go back to check the place out again, although the thought of the place still unnerves me; I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable going there alone at present!

Advertisement