Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Persons political Party ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    we done this recently, under austerity, and strangely enough, our critical public services got worse!
    We didn't really though.

I am just saying we didn't spend it any better and we didn't keep it the same or see it cut ..we cut it drastically. It wasn't a normal cut.

Now having said that we do need to invest more in public services long term not less.

Its only now spending has recovered in the public sector from the crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Vote4Napoleon

road_high wrote:
    But he was an inarticulate buffoon tbh. What’s needed is pro work sensible politicians

And what have the articulate politicians done for us ever really

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

If only we lived in a country where we could freely elect politicians who represented our views or where we could stand for election ourselves if there was no one else standing who represented our views.
    Alas, we are 'forced' to vote for people who don't really represent us and we spend all our time whinging about those whom we elected until the next election comes around and then we vote for the same people again.
    Why do we keep doing this? Is it because, fundamentally, we love whinging and having scapegoats to blame for our collective failings.
    I think that's it; we prefer to elect people who make ridiculous promises and when they inevitably don't deliver we use them as scapegoats. Anyone with genuine leadership abilities wouldn't have a hope of getting elected and therefore wouldn't even stand.

(Am I a cynic? Yes, of course).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭Bdjsjsjs

There’s a weird thing where the men (always men) who understand politics and society the least are the ones who seem to spend most of their time discussing it on the internet.

Well it's a case that the internet gives people an alternative voice, a voice outside the establishment media. Some don't like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Roger_007 wrote:
    (Am I a cynic? Yes, of course).

Ah politics is a messy game, we don't actually really know how to solve many of our critical issues, many of which are common, globally

• Advertisement
Advertisement