Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starter Electronic Drums?

Options
  • 23-11-2018 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭

I'm learning the drums at the moment, and need to get a kit I can practice with at home. For noise and space reasons an acoustic kit wouldn't work, so I'm looking for a reasonably-priced electronic kit. Budget would be €400-€600, and ideally I'd like dual-zone mesh drum heads (for the snare at least), and choke on the crash and multi-zone on the ride, although I realise that might be asking a lot for the specified budget, but I'd rather get the best one I can now and stick with it rather then get one with a view to trading up.

I've looked online and Roland seems best but price; Alesis or Millenium seem a better match for my wallet. If anyone has experience of specific models I'd be happy to hear some feedback and would be grateful for any recommendations and tips about manufacturer reputation, customer service etc.

Lastly, while there doesn't seem to be a shortage of sellers, they all seem to be online. Is there anywhere you can walk in and try out a kit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

storker wrote: »
    I'm learning the drums at the moment, and need to get a kit I can practice with at home. For noise and space reasons an acoustic kit wouldn't work, so I'm looking for a reasonably-priced electronic kit. Budget would be €400-€600, and ideally I'd like dual-zone mesh drum heads (for the snare at least), and choke on the crash and multi-zone on the ride, although I realise that might be asking a lot for the specified budget, but I'd rather get the best one I can now and stick with it rather then get one with a view to trading up.

I've looked online and Roland seems best but price; Alesis or Millenium seem a better match for my wallet. If anyone has experience of specific models I'd be happy to hear some feedback and would be grateful for any recommendations and tips about manufacturer reputation, customer service etc.

Lastly, while there doesn't seem to be a shortage of sellers, they all seem to be online. Is there anywhere you can walk in and try out a kit?
    I am also going to get an electronic kit.I used play acoustic years ago.For that type of money I guess a Yahama kit might not be bad choice,depends on what you want to do with it and if you've played drums before maybe a Roland is for you.

Open to correction here as I'm new to the whole electronic drum thing but it you want to reduce noise get one with mesh.

I'm probably going to go for a Roland as I was reading you can layer the sounds which suits my needs.

As for a shop try music maker in Dublin I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Gamb!t wrote: »
    I am also going to get an electronic kit.I used play acoustic years ago.For that type of money I guess a Yahama kit might not be bad choice,depends on what you want to do with it and if you've played drums before maybe a Roland is for you.

Open to correction here as I'm new to the whole electronic drum thing but it you want to reduce noise get one with mesh.

I'm probably going to go for a Roland as I was reading you can layer the sounds which suits my needs.

As for a shop try music maker in Dublin I guess.

I've been doing some more research since posting and I think the Millenium MPS-850 is what I'll be going for. It a generic make but it's the most feature-rich kit I could find in my price bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

storker wrote: »
    I've been doing some more research since posting and I think the Millenium MPS-850 is what I'll be going for. It a generic make but it's the most feature-rich kit I could find in my price bracket.
    That kit looks ok too and for a great price.
    The online chat feature on Thomann is excellent too if you have any technical questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Advertisement