Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 196: McGregor v Diaz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    In fairness you're dead right. Who is the training partner with the pony tail that Nate keeps going on about ??

Ido Portal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

*SENSEI Portal

The auld ppv final push right there good work from all involved wwe ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Nate got him good with

"Playing touch butt with that dork in the park"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Lukker- wrote: »
    Nate got him good with

"Playing touch butt with that dork in the park"

Nate was like a bold child in the principals office who was angry but hadn't the intelligence to string a decent sentence together

Yeah Nate has some good one liners but hes just drowned out by Conor volume of nukes he drops on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Anyone else's sound drop when the scuffle happened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

Was that a slap or a punch? Looked like a punch to me?

Gamebred wrote: »
    Yeah Nate has some good one liners but hes just drowned out by Conor volume of nukes he drops on him.

I dunno Conor couldn't come up with a response a few times. As close to rattled as I've seen him.

That's why I think he hit out in the face off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

parc wrote: »
    Was that a slap or a punch? Looked like a punch to me?

Edit - I stand corrected.

Fights off Conor broke Nate's hand in the face off when he punched it.

• Advertisement

What scuffle? Wtf? Did I switch off too early?

ASOT wrote: »
    Havnt a clue what you think a punch looks like but all he did was push his hand away.

Watch it again it was a punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Anyone have a link???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

I'd say McGregor actually hurt Nate's hand with that. He was feeling it when things started to calm down. Anyway I thought the fight would be close, but not anymore, Conor just got Nate emotional, and I can see Nate fighting too wild because of it

I'd say Conor is driving out there in his rolls royce pissing himself laughing at the scuffle the whole cesar gracie team snapping :pac:

Watch it again it was a punch.

Any gifs? Just looked like a push but that could be ****y youtube quality I was watching.

Yeah clearly a punch my bad, couldn't make it out in the stream it looked open palmed.

If you look closely around 13 sec mark, Nate lands a side kick on Conor lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

I dunno Conor couldn't come up with a response a few times. As close to rattled as I've seen him.

That's why I think he hit out in the face off.

Alot of Diaz's comments are just to stupid too respond to....like a petulant teenage brat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Nate was kinda asking for it, no?

The "We shouldn't have crossed this water" line from McGregor was great haha

rXloGCk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

edit * nevermind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

ASOT wrote: »
    Yeah clearly a punch my bad, couldn't make it out in the stream it looked open palmed.

i got punched on the back of my hand once
    fugging hurts, little bones don't like that

Tigger wrote: »

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if something I Nates hand broke, imagine there would be uproar haha

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Wouldn't be surprised to hear he's broken a bone in his hand.was some strike he landed in the hand and he was holding it afterwards.

In fairness with the stance he was holding and his fist in McGregors face he was asking for it. It was actually preventing the stare down.

Looked like the stupid face of Aldo done,that ended well.

cup of tea wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised to hear he's broken a bone in his hand.was some strike he landed in the hand and he was holding it afterwards.

In fairness with the stance he was holding and his fist in McGregors face he was asking for it. It was actually preventing the stare down.

Nate always does that and Conor has in the past too. Nothing wrong with, think Conor was pissed that Nate was the one doing it.

Nate has a serious reach advantage, it's only 2 inches on paper but watching them at weigh in's it looks at least double that.

• Advertisement

Seriously though, what kind of damage would that have done to Diaz's hand? Look like a good of smack of the fist.

I can understand him slapping it before the fight to hype it, and to piss Diaz off, but he actually could have damaged his hand no?

Also what are the weigh-ins going to be like now? Will there be 4 body guards between them :D?

I thought the press conferences were are little bit too relaxed, looks like McGregor took it up a notch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

So can we officially put the normal calm, Zen fight week Conor down to the lack of calories? He was definitely more animated than we’ve ever seen him during fight week in the UFC. I wonder if that will mess with him on fight night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

That touch butt line is up there with some of the greatest disses in UFC history.

Tigger wrote: »

It was an open handed slap

parc wrote: »
    Seriously though, what kind of damage would that have done to Diaz's hand? Look like a good of smack of the fist.

I can understand him slapping it before the fight to hype it, and to piss Diaz off, but he actually could have damaged his hand no?

Also what are the weigh-ins going to be like now? Will there be 4 body guards between them :D?

I thought the press conferences were are little bit too relaxed, looks like McGregor took it up a notch :D

It was a hand slap. Relax

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    It was an open handed slap

I hope it was but its hard to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

That goofball in the park Hahaha warming to nate big time. Still for Conor on the night, but nate is spot on about Portal. Ido Portal would definitely ride your moh.

Wooooooooooooooow

I think touching on the training partners is definitely a sore point. Way worse than the steroids.

He is actually living the dream, and gives even less ****s than Nate. I think he still fights smart and not angry.
    Plus this scuffle will cause a lot more coverage and a few more PPV buys. And we know he likes money.

Hope he doesn't take Nate lightly and get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

**** he actually seems annoyed. :pac::pac::pac:

Dis gona be fun.

Got me excited!

Have to say Conor seems genuinely pissed off there at the end,

We all wanted to see Conor v RDA but this is some replacement,rda would've been sat there with the personality of a potato in silence,I cant wait.

• Advertisement

I think he pushed and prodded at Nate to finally get a response.

I think he expected Nate to sell the fight a little better, talk a little more ****.

He has to keep at him before Nate will say anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Conor have a bit of a cold?

Nate always does that and Conor has in the past too. Nothing wrong with, think Conor was pissed that Nate was the one doing it.

Nate has a serious reach advantage, it's only 2 inches on paper but watching them at weigh in's it looks at least double that.
    weigh in's tomorrow?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Nates handling this pretty well imo. Still think he gets beat.

Usually at this stage Conor would be tied to a treadmill, not allowed a bite to eat a bite with John Kavanagh whipping him.

Instead he's out starting brawls with Stocktons finest. Class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Yup can't see Nate standing up to Conor's variety of strikes.

Will Nate feel confident to go to the ground if in danger? Conor clips him, Nate is rocked, drops to back inviting Conor into his guard?

One thing I will say about McG he is incredibly calm and precise when finishing a downed opponent, he doesn't panic and leap in. I feel as though he always positions himself in a way that allows him to A) finish the fight and B) get back to his feet if he can't finish the fight.

Glad that Nate is getting a giant payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Usually at this stage Conor would be tied to a treadmill, not allowed a bite to eat a bite with John Kavanagh whipping him.

Instead he's out starting brawls with Stocktons finest. Class.

"Stocktons finest" just doesn't sound right.

"Stocktons finest" just doesn't sound right.

Oh, they are the finest.

Some weird trivia.

Conor McGregor talked about replacing the Lion at the MGM with a statue of an Irish lion. The very first MGM Lion was born in Dublin Zoo. The first movie that the MGM Lion featured in was called "He who gets slapped".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_the_Lion_(MGM)

Read into that what you will.

• Advertisement
Advertisement