Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 196: McGregor v Diaz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,207 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Cupcake?

Edit: ooops, Tate, right...sorry the wine has me a bit dumb

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

"Tell them I can all day long"

Conor looking in great shape. Must be so much easier for him to do these types of workouts at that weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Cupcake?

Miesha Tate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Cupcake?

Miesha Tate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,905 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Dildo is out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Cupcake?

Mrs Subcomandante Marcos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Another promo video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

https://youtu.be/sjbWMQtyvFg

He sounds well up for this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Old school Diaz fight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Serious discrepancy in weight there. Fair play to him

Looks like Eminem fighting his long lost dad :P

Great vid, still had that cockiness way back when.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Was he Stockton Slapping him when he was in full mount?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Diaz has been hand picked by Conors sugar daddy Dana White to take a beating and keep the Conor money train rolling till they gift him another Belt. Dana sees Mcgregor as a cash cow, deep down he couldn't care less if he was killed in the ring.

I mean the first fight at 155 and they were giving him title shot very first fight at 155! Shows the favouritism the Ufc have for certain fighters, like Rousey.

Diaz could beat Mcgregor, which would be a disaster for the Ufc higher ups, and all the empty people living vicariously through his success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

It is a professional business, not an amateur endeavour. They can do what they like. Its about selling fights and who gives the most entertainment, not the sport! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Diaz has been hand picked by Conors sugar daddy Dana White to take a beating and keep the Conor money train rolling till they gift him another Belt. Dana sees Mcgregor as a cash cow, deep down he couldn't care less if he was killed in the ring.

I mean the first fight at 155 and they were giving him title shot very first fight at 155! Shows the favouritism the Ufc have for certain fighters, like Rousey.

Diaz could beat Mcgregor, which would be a disaster for the Ufc higher ups, and all the empty people living vicariously through his success.

Welcome to the MMA forum and thank you for your insightful contribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭crybaby

You just said in the first part of your post that he has been handpicked to lose to McGregor. Make your mind up - is he an easy opponent for McGregor or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

crybaby wrote: »
    You just said in the first part of your post that he has been handpicked to lose to McGregor. Make your mind up - is he an easy opponent for McGregor or not?

Don't entertain the trolls with further questions. That's what they always want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Very poor effort tbf.

They don't make trolls like they used to.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

Conor by knockout. Under 13 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Conor to knock him out in the first round, although Diaz has a pretty effective standup game too. I expect to see a few more kicks in this fight from McGregor.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Very poor effort tbf.

They don't make trolls like they used to.

Oh please get a life, seriously Mcgregor fanboys get off your knees I'm sure his ass is being kissed enough by Dana White!

The Ufc bigwigs see Diaz as an easy fight, I don't.

Funny how not one Mcgregor fanboy mentions the point I made of him getting his first 155 fight with a title shot being ridiculous, surely he should have to beat 2 or 3 in top five for a title shot, anyone else in the Ufc would have to.

crybaby wrote: »

I don't think Diaz is a easy fight, Conors sugar daddy Dana White does though and is hoping he wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Oh please get a life, seriously Mcgregor fanboys get off your knees I'm sure his ass is being kissed enough by Dana White!

Funny how not one Mcgregor fanboy mentions the point I made of him getting his first 155 fight with a title shot being ridiculous, surely he should have to beat 2 or 3 in top five for a title shot, anyone else in the Ufc would have to.

You can be a troll or an idiot.

You are opting for the idiot option then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Dont feed it.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Conor to knock him out in the first round, although Diaz has a pretty effective standup game too. I expect to see a few more kicks in this fight from McGregor.

I think this scenario is just so unlikely,it really is imo.He is considerably bigger and will weigh a good bit more than Conor fight night.

Diaz has fought at ww and lightweight his whole career which is considerably longer than Conors career,and his resume is full with legit world class fighters from almost the beginning,and he was only stopped one time with punches in 28 fights.

Conor fought a lot of cans early in his career and only has a handful of victories over legit talent before he entered the UFC,now i am really a big Conor fan i am not hating on him,but the reality of the situation is he is really unlikely to go in there and run through someone the size of Diaz who is also known for being durable.

As per my last suggestion I would really REALLY recommend you get a life.

Still not one person will address my point that Mcgregor was getting a title shot at 155 before beating any top contenders at that weight. If that isn't favouritism I don't know what is.

Diaz to win in later rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Do you think if MM, Cruz, Rockhold, Jon Jones (when he gets his belt back) decided they wanted to fight for the belt above they wouldn't just be thrown straight into a title shot? They would.

When there was talk of GSP moving up to fight Silva, he was going to be going straight for the title. He wasn't going to have a warm up fight a 185.
    When Frankie went down to FW, he jumped straight into a title shot after losing his previous two to Henderson. Didn't beat anyone top contender at FW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

Is there a presser due tonight, what time Irish time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

9pm on youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

ceecee14 wrote: »
    Is there a presser due tonight, what time Irish time

9pm I believe, according to the UFC YouTube channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

So about 11 by the time Conor gets there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Guys, I'm no expert, but surely the big weight jump surely has to be a significant factor. Conor is not used to this level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,841 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

py2006 wrote: »
    Guys, I'm no expert, but surely the big weight jump surely has to be a significant factor. Conor is not used to this level.

No factor.

Diaz hasn't fought 170lbs in 5 years.

2 155ers fighting without a weight cut.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

8-15 mins ish according to Ariel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Gamebred wrote: »
    2 155ers fighting without a weight cut.

This is going to have to be repeated at least ten more times before Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Started now. Conor sounds like has a cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,612 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Serious discrepancy in weight there. Fair play to him

It's easier to accept an weight difference when you know the other guy is clueless about your jiujitsu. ;)

Looked like an old school challenge fight, I think the other guy's style was a type aikido. Fair play to him, I love that early part of the sport. As soon as he sat back with no guard you knew he was screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,612 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The precedent is for champs to get immediate shots if they are willing.

Jones, Silva, GSP, Pettis, Aldo were all offered immediate title fights if they wanted them. All fell through.
    BJ did it.

Name one fighter with a genuine grievance of being skipped for the LW title.

"Dance for me Nate....but don't look me in the eyes when you dance for me" HAHAHA Classic stuff.

McGregor is verbally raping poor nate here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Gamebred wrote: »
    McGregor is verbally raping poor nate here.

In fairness you're dead right. Who is the training partner with the pony tail that Nate keeps going on about ??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ido Portal, his "movement coach"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Well that was exciting. Wont be able to sleep tonight:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    In fairness you're dead right. Who is the training partner with the pony tail that Nate keeps going on about ??

Ido Portal

AAHAHAHAHAHA will you go way out of it Jake Shields :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Shields trying to get involved and put the press conference to sleep.

Advertisement