Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Options
  • 11-08-2015 7:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Just announced!

Who's going?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Let's hope tuf is finished and now he can start training without anymore distractions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

If this is going to be the thread someone please fix up that title

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

Fool me once, shame on you.... Fool me twice, shame on me.

(Fool me five times....)

As a betting man, I just cannot spend the cash to go and still have the high possibility that Aldo may pull out.

Also, would be my third trip to Sin City this year so the same buzz is not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Wife happy for me to go, now need a partner. Twice a year to vegas not sure I can justify it however possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Wife happy for me to go, now need a partner. Twice a year to vegas not sure I can justify it however possibly.

God you must have the best wife going haha

• Advertisement

She was with me at 189, If I do this I will prob have to miss the dublin event and off the beer totally for 4 months. Would need a partner and most my friends not into MMA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Decmeber is my favourite month!

Anyway, I look forward to Aldo pulling out of this one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

but1er wrote: »
    Just announced!

Who's going?

If I could swing it with she who must be obeyed I would :)

Wonder could some venue be booked for a private party, ticketed affair be organised. Any buddy business people here? A fund it could be set up. Find a dublin venue, ensure they can get satellite feed. BYOB set up where people pay more for entrance. Hire some security.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

If Mc Gregor Aldo doesn't happen I assume Frankie will be ready. Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

I'd assume so, if Aldo was to pull out again though Dana would prob **** him out of the UFC lol

Saipanne wrote: »
    Decmeber is my favourite month!

Anyway, I look forward to Aldo pulling out of this one too.

Despite my negative outlook, I am also going.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Gonna pull the trigger on 4 nights in mgm. Flights and accommodation cheap enough...

Ok, one of my mates is convinced that this hasn't been properly announced yet. Is he right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Doesnt seem to be as much hype about this as the last time it was announced.

Gonna get my ticket and wait til a few weeks out to book flights/hotel

I cant trust Aldo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Pulled the trigger this morning. Turned out about over €500 cheaper than the Mendes fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

but1er wrote: »
    Just announced!

Who's going?

No.

Best of luck to Aldo (if he shows up).

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭chanelfreak

Is this is definitely going ahead? The brother is 30 in november and I'd love to surprise him with a trip to Vegas to see McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Is this is definitely going ahead? The brother is 30 in november and I'd love to surprise him with a trip to Vegas to see McGregor.

Jasus I would in my bolox spend 2 grand plus 2 grand for myself and my brother to go to Vegas :P

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭chanelfreak

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Jasus I would in my bolox spend 2 grand plus 2 grand for myself and my brother to go to Vegas :P

Ah he was very good to me when I was sick a couple of years back, so I owe the big bugger ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Well it has a bit of a anti climax feel to it after how the last one went, and everyone is a little tentative.

I am sure lots of people who went over last time would not be able to fork out for another Vegas trip in the same year.

Fingers crossed I can make it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I don't know but I think aldo will show up this time, his legacy depends on it. Show up get ko'd maybe but at least he tried. Aldo is a legend hate to see no shows ruin it.

I have as much respect for fighters who lose as those who win

Chris lytle imo the toughest fighter ever to have fought, he was never champion material but he fought 100% every time

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

I'm booked up as well, heard the announcement being reported at 4am and said I'd hold off....that lasted till 10am. Thurs - Mon Shannon to Vegas via London for €550 each return so way cheaper than when we went in July. Hotel prices are very reasonable right now for that weekend too!
    Just think of it as an early Christmas gift to yourself!!

Just completed my booking. I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

If Mc Gregor Aldo doesn't happen I assume Frankie will be ready. Thoughts?

I thought the exact same. Jesus I hope there is no issues this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Booked...no way I was missing this!! 8-13th going British airways this time for about €540 so half of what the mendes fight cost...MGM is also $270 cheaper for exact same rooms!!?

If Werdum is confirmed I will have to try for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

If Werdum is confirmed I will have to try for tickets.

Any chance you see Edgar on this card to offset the chance something happens? Basically a late change of opponent if something happens.
    Lot easier to step in if in the middle of a training camp id guess.

Possible on Edgar if UFC are smart. Love to tick heavyweight title fight off the list too esp with Werdum he is a class act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Possible on Edgar if UFC are smart. Love to tick heavyweight title fight off the list too esp with Werdum he is a class act.

if Holloway gets past Oliveira in 2 weeks they'd be smart to put him against Edgar, he's the backup of backups if both Aldo and Edgar don't make it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement