Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floor Hockey in Dublin

Options
  • 18-08-2011 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hey

I was wondering if there is anywhere they play floor Hockey in Dublin? Im coming home from Canada in October and have been playing it for the year while I was here. Since we no longer have a rink on the East Coast, I wanted to at least be playing floor Hockey

Anyone know? If there isnt anyone playing it, who is willing to get in on it if we can organise something? We may no longer have Ice but that doesnt stop the Canadians here during the summer.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭PMC83

Theres some floorball being played allright, and inline hcokey is played 5 days a week in Ballyfermot if your interested in that...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Irish-Floorball-Association/159881377356459

http://www.facebook.com/DublinCityRiots

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

Cool thanks for that. Thats interesting. Why is the non skating hockey played with different sticks and ball? Playing it here, we just use standard hockey equipment with a street ball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭PMC83

Well I suppose floor hockey kind of grew out of ice hockey which we obviously dont really have here, hense no one plays it.
    Floor ball is more a sport of its own and a few europeans have brought it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

Thats really interesting. Ive never seen sticks like that before. I wonder how it compares to what ive been playing? Thanks again for that.

Gez I would need to brush up on roller blading before I even set foot(blade) in Ballyer. Well at least I have a reason to bring my gear home now :-)

Advertisement