Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hockey season

Options
  • 08-05-2011 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

hi all, am trying to find out when hockey season for kids starts and ends, my 10 year old daughter wants to give it a go!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

I'm not sure if its the same for every club but in Carlow the season starts around early september when kids are back to school to avoid clashes with summer hols and other sports and finishes up just before easter. I would imagine most clubs follow a similar pattern as GAA is so popular in the summer its hard to compete against it. I know there are kids hockey camps during the summer around the country also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 seethrough

where abouts are you based and I could advise you on the best club to join?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Pre-season friendlies will be starting in August and throughout September and the leagues kick off in early October.

Advertisement