Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sugar Loaf

Options
  • 28-06-2020 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Is Sugar loaf car park open yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Skyfloater

Yes, both north and south are open.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Cars tend to get broken into there or at least they did in the past. Be careful!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Like any car park, don't leave anything of any value in the car. I wouldn't even leave a gym bag containing a pair of smelly socks:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Like any car park, don't leave anything of any value in the car. I wouldn't even leave a gym bag containing a pair of smelly socks:)

Agreed

But for some reason some people continue to leave valuables in their cars :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭g0g

Skyfloater wrote: »
    Yes, both north and south are open.
    Curious, where is the second carpark? Only one I've never known is go up from Kilmac, left a Calary and it's along there on the left. Where's the other one? Is it Little Sugar Loaf or is there another one for the Big Sugar Loaf? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's one now in Kilmac next to the memorial garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭g0g

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Thanks! Dunno how many times I've cycle by there and never noticed it. Tougher climb to start out from here I assume. It's the route marked at all?

g0g wrote: »
    Thanks! Dunno how many times I've cycle by there and never noticed it. Tougher climb to start out from here I assume. It's the route marked at all?

I've never tried it myself but I'd say it's a lot more difficult. There is a small sign post in-between the Pub and the entrance to the carpark pointing in the the direction of the climb.."Sugar loaf way".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,425 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's very gradual until you get to the base of the Sugarloaf proper and the start of the scramble, and a bit longer, but a nicer walk than just plodding up from the Red Lane car park IMO.

It's marked all the way from the information board you see on the Google Street View link above.

• Advertisement
Advertisement