Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Climate awareness gifts for Christmas.

• 15-12-2019 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭

In the interest of climate justice and saving the planet I am wondering what gifts to give that will raise awareness about the catastrophic climate change. I was thinking of framing pictures of Greta looking stern and wrapping them in newspaper, preferably the Guardian or the Irish Times. I also think Brussels sprouts are unsustainable, fields and fields full of miniature cabbages that ultimately end up in the bin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

In the interest of climate justice and saving the planet I am wondering what gifts to give that will raise awareness about the catastrophic climate change. I was thinking of framing pictures of Greta looking stern and wrapping them in newspaper, preferably the Guardian or the Irish Times. I also think Brussels sprouts are unsustainable, fields and fields full of miniature cabbages that ultimately end up in the bin.

Hair shirt

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I think you should get yourself a few "herbal" cigarettes and chill out a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

I think you should get yourself a few "herbal" cigarettes and chill out a bit

It was traditional here to spark up a big doob and listen to Snoop Dogg after dinner. Sadly this year I have become aware that Snoop is actually unsustainable and it just wouldn't be the same. Have you seen the size of his entourage?

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Hair shirt

I wiill have to consult my beard about that. I think you are on the right track though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

A bamboo toothbrush is a good one. Make sure it has been flown in from China though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's plenty of crusties around Galway. I am going to start giving them away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,110 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

A razor blade and a note reminding to slice with the grain, not across it.

biko wrote: »
    There's plenty of crusties around Galway. I am going to start giving them away.

It would be like having a bespoke eco alexa mooching around your house while raising awareness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

A bag of coal - smokey of course.

A bag of coal - smokey of course.

Good idea, encourage carbon sequestration in the household. I wouldn't recommend burning it unless it is performance art.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

I think recycling the same old "jokes" into new boards.ie threads is a good start

Austria! wrote: »
    I think recycling the same old "jokes" into new boards.ie threads is a good start

The .mantra of reduce, reuse, recycle is a core pillar of spreading awareness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,644 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: Jimmy Garlic, just because you got banned from the Greta thread in CA doesn't mean you can Greta troll in another forum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement