Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women gives 1.6 million to “Psychic”

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

She saw her coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

She saw her coming.

I saw this comment coming.

Must be psychic too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,394 ✭✭✭facehugger99

knockers84 wrote: »
    Why Are psychics allowed to take advantage of vulnerable people in Ireland preying on their grief, vunerabilities and insecurities.

It's difficult to protect stupid people from everything.

While I hate the notion of psychics and believe their claims should be subject to proper scrutiny, I'm not convinced that the women (and it's overwhelmingly women) who use their services wouldn't find an equally stupid way of wasting their money instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

".......She was also ordered to pay compensation to the victim."

Any psychics out there care to predict what will happen??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I find myself a fairly placid individual. "If your not hurting anyone I don't care what you believe" kind of outlook on life but I just can't help but look down on people who genuinely put allot of faith/money/life choices into Psychics, mediums or astrology.

As for the Psychics themselves? It's a funny one, For the most part You could argue they are just like a magician. They have learned their craft to the point that they can get money and again once they don't hurt anyone no real harm done.

Mediums are a different matter altogether. I don't use the word lightly but if you take part in this kind of thing in anyway your an absolute scumbag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

She saw her coming.

But not the lottery numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭knockers84

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

As has been said before: A fool and their money. The problem I have is their target audience. As has been said: Typically women, typically people who can little afford it. Obviously looking for reassurances that it will be alright in the end: That money is coming - my psychic said so.

They really are parasites. 100% of them. Every. Single. One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

knockers84 wrote: »
    https://news.sky.com/story/fake-psychic-jailed-after-conning-woman-out-of-1-6m-to-lift-curse-11806980

Why Are psychics allowed to take advantage of vulnerable people in Ireland preying on their grief, vunerabilities and insecurities.

Everyone knows it’s a load of crap but yet “psychics” always charge money. U’d think if they actually had a gift they would do it for free.

People who use them are even bigger fools.
    No different than someone leaving all their money to the church, both peddle the unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

A medical student. I was expecting an dodery old woman but a medical student.

This really shows how priveledge plays a huge part in your life. If you are sitting there with your big ass degree looking down on dole heads remember this woman managed to get into medical school thanks to mammy and daddy supporting her obviously not because she is a genius.

You probably weren’t born smarter than Johnner from the flats he just wasn’t encouraged at schooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

This individual claims the occupation of psychic, as such they should pay taxes on their business and be held to safety standards and occupational regulations.

Registration and board certification, legal, health and safety training. Safepass and manual handling, as they could potentially be operating in any environment. If she is in a persons home and a fire occurs she should have noted the fire point.
    On the legal side training will be needed so that s/he doesn't lead anyone to commit insider trading.

Also the govt will have to review the psychic and their financial assets. Regular audits will be required as psychics by their nature can know the future movements of the stock market.

... which is strange since most of them work out of their car/bedroom rather than hang out with Warren Buffet giving him tips.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

Uwanawich? Ugotawich!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,541 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Then the psychic died and gave the money to Sinn Fein :pac:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,840 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sometimes intelligent people can be a dozy in certain situations.
    I find they can live for there work and not know anything outside of this.

ziedth wrote: »
    As for the Psychics themselves? It's a funny one, For the most part You could argue they are just like a magician.

The difference being of course that many of us doing magic are open and honest about it being illusion and that we have no _actual_ powers to read minds - change reality - or break the laws of physics. We very often say as we are doing it that we are tricking you. Openly and honestly.

Psychics not so much. They tend to claim or act like they have actual powers.

Advertisement