Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Share you next tips GH.

that is a nice winner.

Jeez Ted 'tis seldom a big winner happens that way, when I woke up this morning I'd to think again "was that a dream or did it happen", €2.50 each way and won €108 nice :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tidy bet, congrats ;)

Deskside being a grouch

Tidy bet, congrats ;)

Deskside being a grouch

That's my betting all the time €2.50 each way or €5 win, the mates at the pub would be doing €20s and €50s I can't understand that kind of betting, it takes the enjoyment out of it, each to their own I suppose.

I hope your night will go fast for you Grem, I was going to bed half an hour a go after a few beers but decided to have another one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Kitchen. Laptop. Having one for the road. Supper!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Painkillers and Rezz on the speakers

Bedside, shattered, went out for a meal and had 2 drinks and couldn't wait to get home, I'm just going to give in to old age, fcuk that I can't even last the pace until 11pm anymore not to mind a late night.. Its all downhill from now on I think, my partying days are over.

I can go out for drinks or food, not both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Listening to Brendan Grace at the Gaiety on CD

Bottler!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Night all or Morning all :D

Bedside

Morning Auto
    Boo, hope yer alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

That was a magical night's sleep. I will be performing miracles today.
    Get your requests and donations in to me for consideration.

I would like an omelette for breakfast at some point please so ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Birdies singing outside. Another half hour in bed. Happy BH Monday all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just any old Monday for us, but it's a glorious morning.

Time for breakfast and then perhaps a walk around the nearby seaside village, to see if the bank holiday has brought any crowds.

The forecast is reasonable, so enjoy the day.

• Advertisement

The sun is out here & is promised up to 12 degrees! Basically summertime :)
    Off for a walk & an explore, the law is that you have the right to walk everywhere, across anyone's land, so long as you don't damage anything. There's hardly any fences anywhere, so lots of exploring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Didnt sleep all night- had slept all day yesterday- try to stay awake and sleep later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Coffee Time! About to begin writing the dreaded school reports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tiana Scone

Bed after a long shift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...There's a reason for the sunshine sky, there's a reason why I'm feeling so high...

Morning all

That roar earlier was me discovering I should have worn a hat yesterday :D

Not a bad morning but thin cloud and just hazy sun

Moving to the kitchen for coffee and muesli

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hazy sunshine here but nice and warm :)

Happy Monday!!!!

Gardenside watching the birds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Clouds starting to clear here , nearly time to get ready and get out and at it , enjoy the day folks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

In the middle of a chain reaction.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Heading for a short jog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

mzungu wrote: »
    Heading for a short jog.

Procrastinating about doing the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bed, having coffee. Trying to wake up a bit. Last night was a really good night, ended up in a pub that we got into after hours, talking politics with a local election candidate. Is there anything more Irish? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

The wee one is gone down for her nap so stretched out on the couch, cup of tae beside me, relaxing watching tv. Happy days :)

Went for a walk up the lane earlier, quite cool more of an Autumn feel to the day, have the fire set to light but reluctant to do so this early in the day

Watching Eastenders; Jean has some memorable scene in this episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, sorting things out :)

• Advertisement

Bottler!

Roigh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Another fine day with a promise of Summer in the air. Weeding done and lawns cut. Had coffee sitting in the sunshine. The birdsong was a charm today.

Now putting a match to the fire and thinking about starting the dinner.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Home. Feeling the FEAR big time :(

quickbeam wrote: »

Same here, I've been off since Wednesday, I'm heading out for something to eat now and it's couch and fear later.. Dear lotto Gods take pity on Duvet Day this week, tia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

In the kitchen, feeling stupidly emotional at the sight of a blissful Prince Harry announcing the birth of their son. I have no particular feeling for the British Royal family one way or another, but it’s lovely to see a man so in love with his wife and feeling some joy in his life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

quickbeam wrote: »

The rat race is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Heading out for food and fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Back home after birthday/anniversary dinner with himself. Got a text from the supervisor at work asking if I could work tomorrow and for some reason I said yes :rolleyes:

I am on the couch listening to Father John while feeling contemplative. I'm thinking of this place and those who are no longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Irish Village Dubai :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Trying to sleep and failing. Had 6 hours of teaching today and 3 hours of rehearsals.

Was still as sick as a small hospital today so between school and rehearsals went for a foot massage and it perked me up. I think the 10 mins of snoring during the massage may be why I can't sleep now.

Work trundle, feel like crap.. Rough day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

I am on the couch listening to Father John while feeling contemplative. I'm thinking of this place and those who are no longer.

Is that Fr John Misty your listening to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

An vicious row has erupted between two local families over land and, because one of the families is related to me, my kitchen is currently doubling as a war room. As I generally like to get along with most people and have seen far, far too many recreations of "The Field" in this parish over the years, I am hiding and not getting involved. Instead, I am making spread sheets of local and EU election candidates to decide who to vote for. Politics is far less violent than land ownership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Work trundle, feel like crap.. Rough day.

Hope your evening goes better than your day, Grem.... feel better soon!

& you too wichi, feel better!

• Advertisement

For those feeling fear.....feel the Fear and do it anyway. One great book! I never usually feel any fear on a Sunday/Monday bank holiday, but I have a little sense of dread about tomorrow and I have to face it. a potentially problem issue work wise. But feck it. Has to be done. I'll really get into it around 5am! But for now, it's a few beers and some nice food later! Stretch the hours people. Stretch the hours.

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    An vicious row has erupted between two local families over land and, because one of the families is related to me, my kitchen is currently doubling as a war room. As I generally like to get along with most people and have seen far, far too many recreations of "The Field" in this parish over the years, I am hiding and not getting involved. Instead, I am making spread sheets of local and EU election candidates to decide who to vote for. Politics is far less violent than land ownership.

Your post comes close to addressing a lot that is wrong in this country. When I hear chats about land/property, I now switch off or go home and watch. "The Field" to remind me. After all, it was more fact than fiction.:D

Grandeeod & Perseps, your posts together helped me sort a combined loss and effort I have been struggling with recently. (cryptic I know, but thank you.)

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Grandeeod & Perseps, your posts together helped me sort a combined loss and effort I have been struggling with recently. (cryptic I know, but thank you.)

I won't ask. but if I helped with my few words today, so be it DB. Stay cool!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I won't ask. but if I helped with my few words today, so be it DB. Stay cool!

...and may your work issue resolve with more ease and less stress. ta

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement