Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'When you stop looking, you'll find them'

Options
  • 14-12-2019 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

What every person ever in the universe in a couple says to their single friends.

Is it the truth or is it clichéd?

Personally, I've been single for a number of years. I've met some women in that time that I really liked but never got anywhere with them. I'm in no rush for a relationship as there are plenty of perks of being single but ideally I would like to find that special someone.

I've a few other friends who are stressing about being single or just don't like it and say they constantly get the 'You have to stop looking and then you'll find the one for you' etc.

Do people feel it's the truth or is it's clichéd?

Personally, I'm torn. I do think it's important you don't try too hard as you will come across desperate but ive stopped trying over the last number of years and started focusing on self improvement in a number of areas which I feel has been the right move.
    It's interesting that I've come across plenty of women that I've really liked since I've started focusing on myself a lot more which may prove its partly true. But these individuals haven't felt the same about me so I obviously still haven't found my Mrs Right.

What are people's opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭S.G.M.

Learn game. Get out and approach. If you are at least 6/10 and not a social retard then you will get laid.
    I agree. Personally, I'm not after sex. But if youre respectful, genuine, cheeky and flirty. You'll get casual sex easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Go Home Paddy Cat!!

"'You have to stop looking and then you'll find the one for you' etc."

thats something people in relationships say. finding that special someone involves an inordinate amount of luck, whether you are proactive or not about actually trying to find that person. It's true that we are incompatible with most people we perceive as potential partners, so rejection is a natural part of the process. If you truly accept that, it makes approaching people so much easier and your chances of meeting a partner stay higher than those who think it'll come knocking on their door. Some people dont accept rejection and try to force it and look how that ends up.

So in my opinion: Enjoy life and don't get hung up about it. Keep doing what you're doing buddy. Like you say, single life has a lot of pros so enjoy it while it lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

People are funny little creatures, and there's a lot of truth to that saying above.

Think of it as a sliding scale between "desperado" and "perfectly satisfied".

The closer you are to perfectly satisfied, the more attractive you become for everyone. Men want to be you, women want to be with you etc. If you see a good thing, a good life, an interesting life and content life... You want it too. You want to share in it. You are attracted.

Like a fat hungry child who spies a gigantic cake in a window, they'll dribble all over the pane. However, a fat hungry child who spies another fat hungry child will as soon push the other fat hungry child down a flight of precipitous steps as step out of the way on its quest for delicious cake.

Can you dig it?

Advertisement