Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ARE YOU A PAIN IN THE HOLE / INTOLERABLE to somebody anybody else?

• 10-09-2019 8:40pm

To anyone else, of any stature or age but not yourself?
    Do you enjoy being this way to them.

Do you deserve their company / audience.
    Should they put up and shut up for you like Boris?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I hope so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

I would say some think I am a pain in the butt,due to not having a filter. I call things as I see them, which tends to shock some folk, but least I'd never lie to you,heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Heavy Beast

xieann wrote: »
    To anyone else, of any stature or age but not yourself?
    Do you enjoy being this way to them.

Do you deserve their company / audience.
    Should they put up and shut up for you like Boris?

Ha ha. I am to my flat mates. I’m a bit of a dirty trooger as they say. Ha ha. Alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Everyone is intolerable to someone, it'd be a bland world if we were all similar. Be yourself and to hell with anyone who doesn't like you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Everyone is intolerable to someone, it'd be a bland world if we were all similar. Be yourself and to hell with anyone who doesn't like you.

Yes.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Whenever I get a chance passing any public service places I go in asking for directions then pick the laziest looking person and say something in a funny manner like

Look at this fella, flat out. They aren’t paying him enough.

Once I went in and was left waiting and noticed in the background there was a group of desks and a middle aged woman was just sitting at her desk crying.
    Nobody was paying any attention to her. I asked another girl was she ok and she said the lady in question was always like that but she’s there years and I wasn’t to worry.

Didn’t joke about her but mad the tax money pays her to come in and cry at her desk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Yes.

But you love me Emmie. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

But you love me Emmie. :P

It’s the girth that would have caused the problem, historically speaking.

Intolerable is a stretch but you’d have to go very slow and take things very easy.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

I used to clear wrap toilets seats and the laugh when people came out of the stalls soaking. Another thing was to fold ketchup packets in half and place under the toilet seat. They were burst when someone sat on the seat. I confess now I deserved every whipping my mother gave me,heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

There are some hardcore feminists at work who absolutely despise me :'(

But I'm trying my hardest to get them to like me. When one of my female coworkers can't open something I usually jump to their aid and say "Do you need a man to open that for you??"

• Advertisement

bfa1509 wrote: »
    There are some hardcore feminists at work who absolutely despise me :'(

But I'm trying my hardest to get them to like me. When one of my female coworkers can't open something I usually jump to their aid and say "Do you need a man to open that for you??"

Work with hardcore feminists?
    I’d rather work with portaloos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

BDI wrote: »
    Whenever I get a chance passing any public service places I go in asking for directions then pick the laziest looking person and say something in a funny manner like

Look at this fella, flat out. They aren’t paying him enough.

Once I went in and was left waiting and noticed in the background there was a group of desks and a middle aged woman was just sitting at her desk crying.
    Nobody was paying any attention to her. I asked another girl was she ok and she said the lady in question was always like that but she’s there years and I wasn’t to worry.

Didn’t joke about her but mad the tax money pays her to come in and cry at her desk.

Even to make this up sounds demented!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

I’m a complete pain in the hole to my team leader who is a complete narcissist. I just walk away when he starts talking about the triathlon he did at the weekend or how well he played in the hurling match and how great his kids are at everything. Of course there’s 1 or 2 that lap up his stories cos they’re born lickholes but it drives him mad when he doesn’t have 100% attention. He’s a tos*er.

I’m a complete pain in the hole to my team leader who is a complete narcissist. I just walk away when he starts talking about the triathlon he did at the weekend or how well he played in the hurling match and how great his kids are at everything. Of course there’s 1 or 2 that lap up his stories cos they’re born lickholes but it drives him mad when he doesn’t have 100% attention. He’s a tos*er.

I do what I can to make my team leader perform. It’s a dog eat dog world out there where the laws of the jungle answer the questions.

I need my team firing and feeling good to ensure the employment of my team for another quater. My team survives and their families eat. If my team had a snot nosed punk in it risking our share of the market he wouldn’t last one lunch break.

You are very lucky to be in an industry where you can go around acting the hard man thinking you are bigger than the team. My guess is it’s in the public sector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

I'd be disappointed if I wasn't tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

That’s a lot of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

One of my colleagues absolutely hates me. He's constantly bitching about me behind my back. He's still pissed off I got a promotion his wife went for. She's fine about it but he's always slagging me and another member of my team off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I work with a guy who says sorry all the time. It is a verbal crutch for him to an extent but it drives me up the way. You explain what to do and write an email explaining it again and highlight the parts often missed. He goes to do it and inevitably does it wrong missing everything highlighted.
    Go over and ask why he didn't follow the instructions and the reply is "sorry,sorry, sorry,sorry,sorry,sorry" some vague explanation that he was rushed followed by "sorry,sorry, sorry,sorry,sorry,sorry". Explain no need to say sorry just go back fix the problem and take his time following the instructions. Next time he does it the same thing happens again with all the sorries repeated again.
    After the 5th or 6th time of this I just can't take it anymore and I get to the point where I say I don't want to hear sorry just fix it and don't ever do it again. That is when he stops getting it wrong.
    Every few months this comes up. Had a meeting with him once to try and clear it up. I marked down every sorry he said in the 20 minute meeting and it came to 80. Showed him the count and suggested he start saying "I apologise" instead to get out of the habit. Not a nice way to do it but I just couldn't take it anymore.

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    I work with a guy who says sorry all the time. It is a verbal crutch for him to an extent but it drives me up the way. You explain what to do and write an email explaining it again and highlight the parts often missed. He goes to do it and inevitably does it wrong missing everything highlighted.
    Go over and ask why he didn't follow the instructions and the reply is "sorry,sorry, sorry,sorry,sorry,sorry" some vague explanation that he was rushed followed by "sorry,sorry, sorry,sorry,sorry,sorry". Explain no need to say sorry just go back fix the problem and take his time following the instructions. Next time he does it the same thing happens again with all the sorries repeated again.
    After the 5th or 6th time of this I just can't take it anymore and I get to the point where I say I don't want to hear sorry just fix it and don't ever do it again. That is when he stops getting it wrong.
    Every few months this comes up. Had a meeting with him once to try and clear it up. I marked down every sorry he said in the 20 minute meeting and it came to 80. Showed him the count and suggested he start saying "I apologise" instead to get out of the habit. Not a nice way to do it but I just couldn't take it anymore.

tbh that post makes you sound like the pain in the hole, not him.

*edit* Just realised that is the point of the thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Probably. I act thick sometimes (a real struggle because I'm extremely intelligent, actually) to annoy people. You know, deliberately misspelling or mispronunciating a word, placing emphasis on the wrong syllable, etc. And if they're really pedantic and take the bate, I'll drag them down to my level by arguing that their the one's who are mistaken.

And if they're really pedantic and take the bate, I'll drag them down to my level by arguing that their the one's who are mistaken.

I shud of knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

No, I’m an extremely popular guy and don’t run people up the wrong way. And if I do then that’s their problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

No, to be successful in life you need to have some people who don't like you but I'm nice to everyone and pretty much get on well with everybody and can't seem to change therefor I will never be very successful is anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

I used to clear wrap toilets seats and the laugh when people came out of the stalls soaking. Another thing was to fold ketchup packets in half and place under the toilet seat. They were burst when someone sat on the seat. I confess now I deserved every whipping my mother gave me,heh.
    Handy when you bring your chips to the jacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

My five year old daughter has every move of me, everything she says, every look she gives, it's me. I never realised what an insufferable ar$ehole I was until I was confronted with myself in all her 5 year old diva glory :pac:

Advertisement