Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domino's Pizza Kilkenny

Options
  • 15-12-2019 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭

I pick up a pizza as a bit of a treat for the family from time to time. When the kids were younger they'd nibble away at ours, but since hitting their teens they'll demolish their own.

I find Domino's eye-wateringly expensive without a discount code, something which the Kilkenny franchise (unlike other locations) seem reluctant to give out. Does anyone receive codes from KK store? I asked over the phone & was told no, emailed them and was told they'd be in touch within 5 days. Over 2 weeks later, not a peep outta them.

I work in Waterford & I know that store frequently sends codes to customers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Nevermind your franchise pizzas..Down to Joe's takeaway with ya..

...or maybe not.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Yamanoto wrote: »
    I pick up a pizza as a bit of a treat for the family from time to time. When the kids were younger they'd nibble away at ours, but since hitting their teens they'll demolish their own.

I find Domino's eye-wateringly expensive without a discount code, something which the Kilkenny franchise (unlike other locations) seem reluctant to give out. Does anyone receive codes from KK store? I asked over the phone & was told no, emailed them and was told they'd be in touch within 5 days. Over 2 weeks later, not a peep outta them.

I work in Waterford & I know that store frequently sends codes to customers.

Becuse stuff in Kilkenny tends to be more expensive and businesses try to see what they can get away with price wise I find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Seems a little short-sighted though, as I reckon they'd incentivise customers to choose them over myriad other (cheaper) options if they regularly released codes as is the case with many other profit making Domino's franchises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I got a Domino's pizza a few years ago and there were so few toppings on it I thought I'd opened it upside down. 7/8 years later haven't had a pizza from any franchise. Overpriced bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I got a Domino's pizza a few years ago and there were so few toppings on it I thought I'd opened it upside down. 7/8 years later haven't had a pizza from any franchise. Overpriced bread.

May not them being stingy though. I hate overloaded pizzas myself. A pizza isn't a flatbread with as much stuff piled on top of it as possible. Classic pizza is quite sparsely topped. Pizza margherita, salami, fungi, tonno etc and they are the best tasting pizzas imo. Pizzas with loads of everything taste usually of nothing much. You might as well put the lot into a blender and slurp it down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

May not them being stingy though. I hate overloaded pizzas myself. A pizza isn't a flatbread with as much stuff piled on top of it as possible. Classic pizza is quite sparsely topped. Pizza margherita, salami, fungi, tonno etc and they are the best tasting pizzas imo. Pizzas with loads of everything taste usually of nothing much. You might as well put the lot into a blender and slurp it down.

Well I do like a pizza with a decent amount of toppings so if it doesn't then the base would want to be pretty damn good to make up for it and in all likelihood a franchise pizza base probably isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

I'd rather primo myself, lovely pizza.

stratowide wrote: »
    Nevermind your franchise pizzas..Down to Joe's takeaway with ya..

...or maybe not.:D

Yikes, hadn't heard the news

https://kclr96fm.com/closure-order-served-on-popular-kilkenny-takeaway/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Comerman

Make your own and don't be buying that shish

http://www.pizzacreator.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

out to jimmy's takeaway in Callan the finest pizza around at top notch prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Bring back Uncle Sams......used work there; found a used condom on ground one night when cleaning up.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Comerman

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Bring back Uncle Sams......used work there; found a used condom on ground one night when cleaning up.....

Sorry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Plenty of dominos discount codes
    Buy the pizza online, you can view active discount codes online aswell.

Plenty of dominos discount codes

Yep, accepted when ordering from KK store?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Yep, accepted when ordering from KK store?

Nope.

Certainly pretty annoying. There was an insane code before xmas that friends from various locations were using but sure enough not working in Kilkenny.

Dominos is far from the best pizza in town but it wins on process every time and unfortunately if I am ordering pizza I am probably horizontal on the couch.

If I am not so lazy, these are pretty good:
    • Primo
    • Sullivans
    • Italian Connection (takeaway)

Advertisement