Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

This isn't directed at you, but seriously, if he and the family are still affected by the burglary then I would suggest they get the **** over it.

It was a horrible thing, not nice to see happen to anybody, but far worse things have happened to people and they have managed to pull themselves together and get on with their lives.

Sure if they were that bothered with it, couldn't they not just hire some permanent security staff or something. The lad is on 250k a week, surely he could spend 1k or 2k of that of some security.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

Didnt Berbatov play CB for us once?

Leeds away in league cup. I think he scores that night too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I know it's not exactly traditional, but I always think our home kit would look better if we stuck with using black shorts (like when we play Everton away). To be fair, I think this is one of the nicer home jerseys we've had in a while. 2008 was the last one that really looked decent.

I like the white kit, but the shorts look strange.

Glad we've moved away from Nike though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

kayevajo wrote: »
    Leeds away in league cup. I think he scores that night too!

Was fairly sure him and Carrick were together. God we used to be awfully stuck ha.

I wonder if we'll see squad numbers confirmed tomorow alongside the kit launch. Would go nicely with the new kit to have the names & numbers sorted. Otherwise I imagine people getting Depay "9" or wasting money on incorrect info.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Will be odd not seeing the Nike Swoosh on the jersey's..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

This isn't directed at you, but seriously, if he and the family are still affected by the burglary then I would suggest they get the **** over it.

It was a horrible thing, not nice to see happen to anybody, but far worse things have happened to people and they have managed to pull themselves together and get on with their lives.

Yeah but lump it in with all the other reasons not to stay and you have a tipping point.

But, to be fair, I would imagine it was a deeply unpleasant experience and just because it's not the worst thing that can happen to someone doesn't mean someone can't justifiably feel upset by it for quite some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Most people don't have the mobility that Di Maria does so why should he just "get the **** over it"? If he can command a similar salary in a nicer city where his family will feel both safer and happier then it's no problem to him to move. Most people simply haven't got that luxury.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Angel Di Maria has been fined £360,000 for failing to appear in the USA for Manchester United's pre-season tour.

https://twitter.com/PeoplesPerson_/status/627057329159176192

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Most people don't have the mobility that Di Maria does. If he can command a similar salary in a nicer city where his family will feel both safer and happier then it's no problem to him to move. Most people simply haven't got that luxury.

Someone should send him a DVD of Taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Click link image too big
    This is gorgeous.

• Advertisement

This can't be real, can it? Made me laugh anyway, and Antonio Valencia just showed a rare display of humour by posting it...

https://www.facebook.com/ynfathehub/videos/765165793520318/

(Subject: Liverpool fan commentating on defeat to United)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Adidas gear is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ah that Deluded Liverpool Commentator is just absolutely hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

stankratz wrote: »
    This can't be real, can it? Made me laugh anyway, and Antonio Valencia just showed a rare display of humour by posting it...

Thats too good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Thats too good.

I don't think he was having it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Getting the new thread off to a great start! Brilliant! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,224 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

lads whats with the unhappy vibe re pedro? jesus he apparently wants the move better have him there than the sulky dimaria imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

lads whats with the unhappy vibe re pedro? jesus he apparently wants the move better have him there than the sulky dimaria imo.

I haven't seen much unhappiness about Pedro speculation, to be honest I haven't seen too much talking about it as much as other players we've been linked with. Maybe with work and that I have missed some pages of people discussing him more.

No doubt would be a great addition to our side, I really want Di Maria thing to be finished up quickly and then I imagine the club will bring someone in. If it is Pedro it would be a great result.

lol the lanky poodle comment re fellaini brilliant

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I haven't seen much unhappiness about Pedro speculation, to be honest I haven't seen too much talking about it as much as other players we've been linked with. Maybe with work and that I have missed some pages of people discussing him more.

No doubt would be a great addition to our side, I really want Di Maria thing to be finished up quickly and then I imagine the club will bring someone in. If it is Pedro it would be a great result.
    di maria is a class player but he has done nothing to fight for his place looking to piss off lost massive respect for him tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Quandary

We really don't have a great record getting the South American lads to settle!

Who would ye say has been our most successful South American player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Quandary wrote: »

Must be Valencia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Quandary wrote: »

Rafael I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Heinze but for the injuries :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Quandary

I was thinking Rafael too but Valencia has been played more I'd say. That's about our lot though. I always like Heinze but it didn't really happen for him either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Tevez didn't do badly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Fellaini played as CB against ManCity away last season. He didn't start but after Smalling red card and Rojo injury, Fellaini played as CB.

Pretty sure Carrick was brought on and played at CB after the Smalling red card and McNair played CB after the Rojo injury. Don't remember seeing Fellaini playing CB in a United shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Heinze
    Rojo
    Rafael
    Fabio

Veron
    Klebersen
    Anderson

Valencia
    Tevez
    Forlan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Most people don't have the mobility that Di Maria does so why should he just "get the **** over it"? If he can command a similar salary in a nicer city where his family will feel both safer and happier then it's no problem to him to move. Most people simply haven't got that luxury.

If somebody wants to go then just go, there doesn't even need to be any justifications.

What grates is just this constant referral to the burglary and the apparent emotional distress to excuse his piss poor professional performance. I mean, leave if you want to leave, but until you do at least try to suck it up and do your job.
    Yeah but lump it in with all the other reasons not to stay and you have a tipping point.

But, to be fair, I would imagine it was a deeply unpleasant experience and just because it's not the worst thing that can happen to someone doesn't mean someone can't justifiably feel upset by it for quite some time.

Of course he can be upset, but to the extent that even now its still affecting every facet of his life and career? Nah. Get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I'm beginning to feel a bit sorry for Ed Woodward. The guy is cursed. Everything he's touched since becoming CE has gone to sh*t in some way. There's plenty of cock ups he can't be responsible for but his bad luck is just bizarre.

I hope his luck changes because he's the Glazer's boy and they won't sack him, so we're stuck with until they sell up I suppose.

Fingers crossed he's got a couple of mega signings in the works and nothing happens to Darmian or Schneiderlin, so far untouched by the curse but it's early days.

Ronaldo and Hummels, you can do it Ed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement